ARPS Battle Hymns

Over the course of our escapades and many fiery deaths, certain tracks have become part of ARPS legend, integral to our stealth An-2 insertions and bayonet charges. Post 'em here!

Washington's many, many epic VTS sessions have led Indian Summer to become our go-to tune from the Arma 2 soundtrack for when battle is imminent.

Stranglove's Air-a-Tak isn't played as much as it used to be anymore, but I still have fond memories of our duels in An-2s with Dishkas bolted to the wings and fuselage. Highway to the Danger Zone became the theme song of the mission and many of our misguieded aerial adventures.

I for one feel my experience of thug life on the mean streets of North London have given me an extra level of awareness and tactical nous that is a great help in our infantry focused missions, as well as killer horizontal gun technique.
    As such, I often blast N.W.A. when I'm rolling through Zargabad.

Did I miss the soundtrack to an awesome mission? Got a song you like to listen to while Fer is ordering you to assault a Stryker with only a Makarov? Post them here for everyone else to enjoy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    this is mandatory listening before, during and after every FOLK session.

and of course

Last edited by Wolfenswan; 25-01-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Call me a cheese baron but I like listening to played out, Vietnam-era tracks while en route to a hotzone.

Shiz like this:

and this:

Like Joe, I also hail from the mean streets of North London (corrrectly pronounced 'Noorf Landan') and have my fair share of Thug Life™ experiences & so a bit of mean and dirty hip-hop is also on my combat playlist.

Something a bit like this:

and some of this:

(yeah I'm a sucker for 90's hip hop, sue me)

Now if only ArmA had an ammo box full of Mac-10's and a driveable Chevy Impala Lowrider...
    Last edited by Roods; 25-01-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: grammar and spelling mistakes all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by Roods View Post
    Now if only ArmA had an ammo box full of Mac-10's and a driveable Chevy Impala Lowrider...
    I would totally join you in shooting Colonel Aziz in a driveby. I think harakka would too, I've heard him and his AK were greatly feared on the grim streets of Helsinki.

Contrary to what Ice Cube said, using an AK is all part of having a good day.

Proper combat music those! Purple Haze and Gimme shelter are particularly tasty. Listened to them a lot before. Good music.

Music is played often when ARMA is running, so I can't even remember half of all the tracks that I at one point thought would make for a good soundtrack. However, at the moment four tracks that I have ARMA memories of comes to mind:

Perfect ambient. Recommended in large doses when operating airborne vehicles at night.

Hardstyle, mind your ears.

And finally, some Mos Def. Should I join in for a driveby I fear I might give people candy and coupons instead of lead :/
    Last edited by washington; 26-01-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    While playing, I have this on repeat:

and I wear a blonde wig and my perfume only.

Found this russian folk song with accompanying sideshow about the soviet war in Afghanistan, it really reminds me of arma :)

Activated Node
    Whenever I play Arma II this is the kind of music I hear in my head:

http://youtu.be/CD3fCVPBgcQ

Also this:

http://youtu.be/ZdLMD-B2yhI

Sorry. I don't know how to do a fancy embed like you chaps.
    Last edited by vecordae; 26-01-2012 at 09:54 PM.
    While I am as ignorant and irrational as the next man, I am also arrogant enough to assume I possess these qualities in greater abundance than is strictly normal and foolish enough to think that that's worth bragging about.

Finale, the mission which we've never finished, was inspired by this song:

To get the full director's cut effect I intended, you need to:

• Mentally lower the volume of the game and TeamSpeak
    • Die by 2:45
    • From 2:45 to 3:31, watch (silent) footage of all your Folk/ARPS comrades still in the mission
    • From 3:31 to 3:55 intersperse footage of your Folk/ARPS comrades being shot/explodimafied with static screenshots of the same people doing hilarious things in happier missions
    • Thereafter, reflect on the tremendous amounts of death you get at Folk sessions

You just have to put angsty teenaged would-be-but-actually-not-really-lesbians from a Parisian suburb out of your head (although the rest of the soundtrack is nice, and the film isn't actually bad).

Obscure Node
    For the authentic Takistan experience just add R.P.G'S/R.P.K'S and an ammo box full of Black Hash!

Perfect music to listen to while driving in a chaotic column:

Listen to this when flying jets or helicopters:

Play this when flying an attack chopper:

Play this when assaulting an enemy position:

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

GTA 1 theme goes with everything:

Play this all the time:

P.S.:
    It's impressive how 80% of the videos you linked to are blocked in Germany...
    Last edited by Comrade Commissar; 27-01-2012 at 12:22 PM.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    what I really wanted to post was these (although I don't listen to music while playing games):

I know that many of us were deeply saddened by Whitney Houston's death. Harlander was beside himself with grief on yesterday's tactical tuesday. Let us all take a moment to remember her in the way she would have liked: by listening to her music. (or by doing three grams of crack in a single day)
    RPS Arma 2 community server!
    Join us for tacticlol manshootery, explosions and helicopter crashes.