Network Hub

Borderlands (1 & 2) DLC help.

Hello!

I have a GOTY edition of Borderlands 1, and will be purchasing 2 soon (Heard there will be no more DLCs). I've played through the game twice, and I remember I had some trouble with the DLCs. Either I'd go for the DLCs too late into the game and ease through them, or I'd go for the DLCs early, finish them, and when I come back to the main game I'd find the enemies are too easy, and don't scale up. I faced this problem in both the games.

Is there some kind of recommended level I should go for the DLCs in each game so I get the best of both the DLCs and the game?

In borderlands 2, once you reach the UVH mode, the enemy will scale to your level until level 60(?)

Edit:

This is a nice guide that will surely answer most of your question:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Borderlands/...ling_and_when/
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Edit: Misread the OP. They are correct - no more DLC coming for BL2.

As for the DLC itself: Most of it scales to the level you are at when you pick it up. That said, some DLC missions are tougher than others. Here is a rough breakdown according to my experience in 2 player co-op:

-Scarlett: Doable in either NG or NG+. We dont play UVHM as it sucks. Matter of fact if you dont have the DLC pack that turns NG 2.5 into UVHM, dont get it. Its a terrible experience full of bullet sponges and enemies with regenerating health.

-Big Game Hunter: Doable in NG. Lots of damage sponges in NG+ but still doable. Annoying, but doable.

-Torgue: Pretty fun, juvenile but funny commentary from Torgue. Best in NG, but playable - but hard - in NG+.

-Tiny Tina: Play it only after the main quest. Only after. Otherwise, you are missing out and also spoiling plot points. And I mean big, big spoilers. DO NOT visit the Unassuming Docks before finishing the main game, you WILL ruin the experience in a way that cannot be undone.

As for Head Hunter packs...they are short missions that dont add much. Just some dialogue and enemies to blast and that is about it.

Network Hub
    Thank you @mnemnoch, Blackcompany.

Issue resolved, link helped! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcompany View Post

-Tiny Tina: Play it only after the main quest. Only after. Otherwise, you are missing out and also spoiling plot points. And I mean big, big spoilers. DO NOT visit the Unassuming Docks before finishing the main game, you WILL ruin the experience in a way that cannot be undone.
    I'll second this point, strongly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcompany View Post
    We dont play UVHM as it sucks. Matter of fact if you dont have the DLC pack that turns NG 2.5 into UVHM, dont get it. Its a terrible experience full of bullet sponges and enemies with regenerating health.
    I wholeheartedly disagree for reasons I won't go into here because I don't want to textwall at 2:30AM (it gets rambly), I understand your point of view but if you stash good gear and accept quests with unique rewards tactically, after playing through UVHM with at least two characters you can compile a good source of gear for the other characters as you progress. That first playthrough is like sprinting at a brick wall, though.

Anyway, when it comes to DLC and your level, there are three level caps in the game which are set by the playthrough you're on. Normal mode caps at 30, TVHM caps at 50 and UVHM caps at whatever you cap is; 50, 61 if you have one of the two level cap DLCs, 72 if you have both or 80 - I think you can get overpower level quests, I've never completed Digistruct Peak - if you've completed Digistruct Peak eight times. So if you play through vanilla and hit level 30, you'll want to move on to TVHM to keep leveling up as you do the DLC. If you don't have a level cap DLC stay on TVHM (or do UVHM (as I think it was added for everyone for free) if TVHM is too easy), and if you do have one or both level cap DLCs, move on to UVHM. I'd like to reiterate that you should never go to the Unassuming Docks before you finish the game because there's a spoiler in the opening cinematic that plays as soon as you arrive and I think Hammerlock's DLC also has a spoiler, though I'm pretty sure Captain Scarlett's and Torgue's DLCs are spoiler-free.

Oh and the minimum level for the DLCs is 15, at least it was for Captain Scarlett. You can go there before level 15 but everything will be scaled to level 15.

Network Hub
    I will be playing TVHM and UVHM with my PT1 character, yes?

Thanks for the replies guys, makes me wish I'd asked this before playing through the first game twice and failing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathPig View Post
    I will be playing TVHM and UVHM with my PT1 character, yes?
    Yeah, TVHM and UVHM are just more playthroughs, though they do alter the game each time. Finish PT1 (Normal mode), move on to TVHM, finish that and then you can go on to UVHM. An example of how the playthroughs alter the game would be that in TVHM you get new enemy types, badasses appear more frequently and they generally have twice as much health, then in UVHM they have four times as much health as in normal mode in addition to health regeneration (which really only serves to reduce damage over time effects since it's very slow but it also encourages you to keep up the pace, also bosses don't get health regen so that's ok). Bosses are more likely to drop their legendary weapons in UVHM, chubby enemies are more common, loot midgets become legendary loot midgets who drop some good stuff (and have a chance of dropping pearlescents)...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Good points about UVHM. When we tried it, we didnt have so extensive a knowledge base as we do now. We just tried it with whatever green and blue weapons and gear we found.

Turns out, UVHM is for the very well equipped. You want to spend some time gearing up and even farming before you take on that mode. You really do.