Obscure Node

Half Life 2 Day & Update

So I decided to play through some of Half Life 2 today, mainly because the group/event that was planned gave me a good reason to do so (even if I thought their idea was rather silly). Anyways, I just saved and shut down the game, and as soon as I did, Half Life 2 starting updating. The update seemed small since downloaded rather quickly. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this or had any ideas on how to figure out what it was? Or maybe it was just an isolated incident?
    Last edited by Duckpoop; 05-02-2012 at 02:19 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Cloud sync?

Obscure Node
    No, it wasn't Cloud sync. It took about 30-45 seconds to download. Someone started a thread on the Steam users forums too (I just checked), so apparently it wasn't just me. Others are saying they didn't get it though. http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...splay.php?f=43

Edit: Some people seem to think it might of just had something to do with some sort of gamepad fix/update? It's also worth noting that I have no other Source games installed, other than Episode 1 and Episode 2 (which were not updated).
    Last edited by Duckpoop; 05-02-2012 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Update

Obscure Node
    Actually, maybe it was some kind of cloud sync. It didn't actually say it in a special dialog box like with other games, but it happened again when I played the game and quit again. Sorry if that actually what it was and for wasting people's time with this :/

I played some HL2 as well, but the highlight of the "event" was definitely watching Notch (yes he of Minecraft) play through the whole game on twitch.tv, on hard no less.

Or at least watching parts of his stream (HL2 be a long FPS).
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    The highlight of the event was that a couple of Valve employees have been sighted playing HL2 today.

Seriously, I love Valve despite them being an evil big publisher.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Sadly, this whole event just reminded me how badly HL2 aged so I failed to finish it, dropped out around Follow Freeman( goddamn this pseudo-CoD part and goddamn hoppers). And I finished HL1, even Xen, just a week before without being bored ever.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 05-02-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    i forgot about it :) damn.

so how many people actually played HL2? any numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    i forgot about it :) damn.

so how many people actually played HL2? any numbers?
    13,216 at peak, according to the Steam Store Stats page. Well short of the '40,000' that were supposed to be playing. Putting it in 11th place for the most played game on Steam yesterday evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.