Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhazor View Post
    It was set 200 years later and it was still *that* thinly populated? Thats not even mentioning the whole raiders outnumbering citizens 10:1 bit. That goes as against the plot as much as New Vegas ever did.

No. You're cutting Bethesda slack they don't deserve, they just screwed up making their engine.

Could the crowds have been made bigger. Undoubtedly. Is it Beths fault? Probably. Does it ruin the game or lore? Hell no.
    Hold on, there! In order:

It's a freakin' desert, and far outside civilized areas. Also, raiders don't outnumber citizens 10:1. Funny enough, unlike FO3, the raiders' presence is somewhat muted. Of course, being a warzone, soldiers are quite numerous.

Sure, but you can't blame Obsidian for Bethesda's version of Gamebryo.

I thought we already came to the conclusion as to Quinns' WIT.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Hold on, there (criminal scum)! In order:

I was talking about Fallout 3. My point being that Fallout 3 game was supposed to be 200 years after Fallout 2 and settlements still consist of a dozen people in a couple of shacks. A settlement that size in a setting as hostile as the wasteland wouldn't last a week. That goes against it's lore as much as New Vegas being half empty. Yes I do think it was a clever touch how Obsidian cut down on Raiders by having them slowly replaced by whichever factions you went against. So you'd start off fighting raiders in random encounters then move onto the better equipped faction patrols (Legion/NCR). Added a kind of organic difficulty curve.

Thats my point.

I have but somebody hasn't.
    Last edited by Bhazor; 05-02-2012 at 02:06 AM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    To be clear I haven't tried anything at all, as I don't want to get rolling on a game and then have things break. If putting Skies last is sufficient to resolve the issue without breaking the Corvega mod that's fine by me, but that's not how the Corvega readme reads.

I've not previously used FNVEdit, how involved is that?
    Usually you'd just need to set the load order and you're set regardless - FNVEdit's not strictly required, but it's extremely useful if you have a number of mods on. As for actually making the damn thing working, it's a breeze: you just unpack it anywhere (AFTER having set your load order), start the exe, wait a bit for it to load the mods references, then right-click anywhere and tell it to make a merged patch. Then load up the mod manager again and activate the merged patch as last in the load order - fire up New Vegas and you're set.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleb367 View Post
    Usually you'd just need to set the load order and you're set regardless - FNVEdit's not strictly required, but it's extremely useful if you have a number of mods on. As for actually making the damn thing working, it's a breeze: you just unpack it anywhere (AFTER having set your load order), start the exe, wait a bit for it to load the mods references, then right-click anywhere and tell it to make a merged patch. Then load up the mod manager again and activate the merged patch as last in the load order - fire up New Vegas and you're set.
    The issue, as I understand it, is that because Nevada Skies uses an .esm and Corvega uses an .esp they can't be set in the right order without first converting Skies to an .esp. The Corvega dev did that and included it, but it appears to be an old version of the mod that wouldn't be compatible with the additional DLC .esp's for Nevada Skies, and might have other issues.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Content mods always trump graphics mods, and Nevada Skies appears to have "inventory item for mod control" syndrome which is always a deal breaker for me anyway. My solution is to dump Nevada Skies, and from there hopefully everything will work fine.

FNVEdit sounds like a great way to preserve a working mod configuration, thanks for bringing it up. I appreciate all the help, off to actually play the damn thing!