Superbowl Sunday

Obviously it sucks that Green Bay are not in the Superbowl but its always a good night for those who can stay up (day off from work is mandatory...). Who can forget Nipple Gate or the Boss smacking his crotch into a camera. And thats just the half time show.

For me Superbowl Sunday is an excellent excuse to go round my mates house, play some excellent board games for the afternoon + evening and then down some drink and watch tha Pats torch the lucky lucky oh so lucky Giants and bring their fleabitten season to the end it deserves (no bias there..cough). (yeah i know its not going to happen like that but humour me)

Games on are the new Blood Bowl game (? dice game- don't know a huge amount about it) and Cosmic Encounter. Personally i'm a bit rubbish a dipo games ( so not going to win CE) but good at most other games (so going to win BB)!!!!

So whatya doing this sunday?

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    I watch maybe 2 football games a year; the Lions vs. whoever on Turkey day and the Superbowl. Any others are merely accidental because of family or friends dragging me away from the PC.

That said, the game itself is purely incidental. Superbowl is all about the food and the commercials. This year will be a joint affair with immediate family - my mother (who watches college football religiously), and my father (hopefully out of the hospital as of this Thursday) will be settling down with some 7 layer dip, home-made tortilla chips, and a new caprese burger recipe with pesto mayo from food network. No alcohol, but plenty of hot and/or iced tea depending on what kind of spice gets snuck into the dip.

I usually ignore the half-time, but Madonna is up this year, how bad could it be?
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Well, it's purely incidental 'cept for New Englanders. I, personally, just want them to lose so I don't have to suffer my NH friends for the next four months.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Shame about the teams, but since it's the only game of the year I watch (I really need to fix that next year) I'm still looking forward to it.

BBQ Shack (
    Armadillo Egg - A fresh jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in spicy sausage and bacon, topped with sliced onions and homemade Chipotle BBQ sauce.
    ) + Beer at a mates house, so it should be a good one :)
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

I have the Monday off every year and usually have a flutter. The Steelers/Cardinals game I won 330 on a 33/1 bet. What was funny is it came down to a reviewed play, and either way I was likely to win* and I'm frantically trying to remember the odds on each one so I know what I want to happen. :D

* It was something like a bet on Roethlisberger running the first TD in and a second one on the first score being a Steelers field goal from within 20 or 30 yards, and Roethlisberger had a TD run reviewed and then chalked off, so I got my 33/1 on a short-range field goal being the first points.

I'll be cheering on the Giants though.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

I too shall be taking Monday off so I can stay up until stupid o'clock to watch the SuperBowl! I was a bit disappointed with the teams - I would've liked either the Ravens or the 49'ers to play - but I shall probably be supporting the Giants as I dislike them less than the Patriots.

BTW, I might be up for a bit of BloodBowl in the challenge league either sunday evening before the game or Monday from about midday if anyone is interested.

As a Giants fan, I'm probably gonna be watching the game. Screw you, haters.
    Game Library Completion: 212/246 - 86.18%

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    That was a superb game, with a brilliant last minute gamble that probably had 300 million people holding their breath. Looking forward to next year's game already. PS, the pesto burgers were amazing.
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    New York beats Boston again, and all is right in the world.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen