Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar

What's the Silence on Far Cry 3 project?

I think UBI said that this game is going to be out within this season, but after that trailer in which a punk talking about sanity / insanity there has been no further news whatsoever. You mates know if this game really will be out within this year?

If without repetitiveness Far Cry 2 is a very good game. A bit late UBI corrected the mistake of DRM policy though.

Either it's gonna suck and they secretively trying to make some major changes or they're pondering on whether or not to remove the goddamned DRM. Still, looking forward to it. Just hope the DRM doen't come along with it. But knowing Ubi, when it comes to multiplats, it's coming

Actually Far Cry 2 DRM policy kind of worked for me. It perfectly justified my wait on the price to fall to USD19 for me to actually make the purchase.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    What DRM policy? It was SecuROM if I recall - hardly anything unusual.

Still, Ubisoft don't seem to do much in the way of big marketing. FarCry 3 will get its time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    What DRM policy? It was SecuROM if I recall - hardly anything unusual.
    That SecuROM required online activation. UBI removed that requirement by patch 1.3. Not sure if SecuROM is still there or not though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    It's the big feature of EDGE's next issue (should be out in a couple of days). I suppose most other gaming mags will write about it too.