Thread: Deus Ex mods

Lesser Hivemind Node

Deus Ex mods

I remember a thread on the old RPS forum that mentioned a couple of Deus Ex mods. The itch has taken me to play through it again, but I appear to have reached the point where the rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia can't cover the game's many flaws and I need something to improve the experience.

In particular I remember a mod being mentioned that brought something resembling balance/usefulness to the whole range of augmentations, but I'd love to know of any other mods that'll give an old game fresh life.

On the older thread, someone had posted a link to a Reddit guide for modding Deus Ex. It was pretty comprehensive and easy to follow. Sorry I don't have the link.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    This should help. Scroll down to gameplay and graphics mods.

Edit: For some reason OTP's forum software says that post was last edited in 2008. I think this is a lie. Jonas updated it two weeks ago, so it should be up to date.
    Last edited by thegooseking; 10-06-2011 at 11:11 PM.

I believe that this was the reddit link.

Also, this guide seemed useful when I glanced at it. I assume it was also linked from the previous thread.

There may be overlap between the two guides, though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFenix View Post
    In particular I remember a mod being mentioned that brought something resembling balance/usefulness to the whole range of augmentations, but I'd love to know of any other mods that'll give an old game fresh life.
    That's most likely Shifter, famous for "introducing the suck".