OK, so I plan to offer coverage of the next season of the Rock Paper Synapse League. There's a preview of the sort of thing to expect here (although future episodes will have less tactical waffling and get through the matches quicker):
The coverage of next season will improve on this in several ways, among them: quicker, snappier match coverage, improved graphics, continuous updates throughout the series, group tables, etc. (See what I've done previously in this vein here - the finals are by far the most polished)
Several people expressed an interest in helping out with the next series. Here's what you could do if you want to help:
- Graphics work - a Rock Paper Synapse logo would be great. Some pretty layout for the tables would be nice as well, as would an image (or looping animation) to be used as a background for introduction/outro elements. (1280x720)
- Music - I'm happy enough to carry on using whatever I can find from the internet - however if anyone wants to create some original, suitable music and give the rights to use it, that would be amazing.
- Commentary - Other people have expressed an interest in doing the commentary work as well, that's great. I have an envisaged format to be used for that, and I'd like to do something where more people commentate.
So, if people would like to commentate, here's what I suggest:
- When a match is posted on the main league thread as being resolved, it's open for claiming.
- If you want to commentate it, announce your intention to commentate it then immediately begin recording your commentary.
- Send the commentary privately to me (probably using some kind of one-click hosting service
What requirements do I have for the commentary:
- If video, it should be 30 FPS and recorded at 1280x1024, with the action positioned so that when cropped to 720 high, all the battlefield can be seen, but none of the peripheral GUI stuff.
- Clear spoken english. Having an accent is fine, but non-native speakers should be able to follow you. Having lots of static or other elements detracting from audio quality isn't OK however.
- Try and keep it shorter than 2 minutes. For two-turn matches, shorter still, eight turn epics can overrun a little.
- Record the game sound, but no game music.
- Commentary can either be part of the video, or a separate audio file.
- If you think the match is exceptional in some way, flag it up - we might want to make it the "featured" match.
The format for the show I'd like to do is this - a new show every 5 completed matches (total show 12-13 minutes long). 4 standard matches, one commentator, <2 minutes long. One featured match, with myself and at least one other discussing the tactics involved. For those who would like to do the joint commentary for the featured match - you need Teamspeak 3 (free download) and to be available sometime between 09:00-00:00 GMT.
Questions? Thoughts? Offers of participation?