I sent CMaster a message a while ago, still waiting on his reply as to what he wants/how he wants to run it.
Originally Posted by WombatDeath
Season 7 has now begun! This time we have 33 players across five divisions, and the new players have been added to the league in the order in which they registered their participation. You can now start issuing challenges and playing your matches - click here to see the league tables.
Important: each player has the responsibility of challenging every player above him/her in the appropriate division. That means that, for instance, tpiece in division 2 has to issue two challenges: to CMaster and Desvergeh.
If you are unsure who you should be challenging, look at the second tab on the spreadsheet. You need to issue a challenge for each game in which you are Player 1. If you're still unsure, post in this thread or send me a PM.
Game rules and league procedures
1) Each game must conform to the following settings:
Mode: Dark Elimination
Map type: symmetrical
Turn limit: eight turns
Turn duration: five seconds per turn (i.e. 5000 milliseconds - this is the default setting)
Visibility: vis at time zero
Team strength: four men per player, including at least one rocket launcher or grenadier
Any game that does not conform to these rules will be void and must be replayed. You may not reuse maps - a new map must be generated for each challenge. Please see the next post if you're not sure how to create a game with the correct settings, and post in this thread if you are in any doubt.
2) After creating each game on server UK1, the challenger must state the challenge in this thread. Format: "[Player1] has challenged [Player2] in game [game ID]".
Example: "ColOfNature has challenged WombatDeath in game 123456".
3) After each game has been completed, the player accepting the challenge must report the result in this thread. Standard format: "[Victorious player] has defeated [defeated player] in game [game ID] by [number of men killed by victorious player] men killed to [number of men killed by defeated player]".
Example: "ColOfNature has defeated WombatDeath in game 123456 by 4 men killed to 2".
In the event of a draw, the format is "[Challenging player] and [challenged player] have drawn in game [game ID], killing [number of men killed per player] men each."
Example: "ColOfNature and WombatDeath have drawn in game 123456, killing 3 men each".
I will update the spreadsheet with the result of each game.
4) Challengers may start issuing their challenges from today (Tuesday 14 February). All games must be completed by the end of Sunday 26 February (GMT).
5) We're all reasonable people, probably, so some flexibility will be applied. If you're going to be on holiday, or dead, or otherwise restricted in your availability, please post in this thread and we will try to accommodate you as far as is reasonably practical.
6) Try to start your games in the first week and finish them early. Players leaving it to the last minute to issue a challenge or submit orders risk forfeiting the game. If any game is unfinished by the deadline I will use my discretion and award points to one, both or neither player, depending on the circumstances.
7) At the end of the season the final results will be used to determine the divisions for season 8, according to a fiendishly cunning set of rules which I will arbitrarily put together at some point.
8) Any circumstances not catered for in these rules will be handled according to some combination of common sense, consensus, whimsy and iron-fisted authoritarianism.
Finally, a polite reminder that although PMing your email address to me is optional, it will make organisation easier so please consider doing so if you haven't already.
Last edited by WombatDeath; 14-02-2012 at 12:57 PM.
How to create a game with the correct settings
This may be useful to those newer to Frozen Synapse:
1) Log in to server UK1.
2) Click the 'Multiplayer' button at the top of the screen
3) Click 'Create a game'
4) Set the game mode to Dark Extermination
5) Click the 'Advanced setup' button
6) Ignore the scary warning and click 'OK'
7) Click the 'Generate symmetrical' button
8) If you get a silly map, or if you don't have four men per side (including at least one rocket launcher or grenadier), go back to (7) and repeat until you're happy.
9) Click the 'Submit' button
10) Ensure that the 'Game mode' is set to 'Extermination'
11) Ensure that the 'Vis mode' is set to 'Vis at time zero'
12) Ensure that the 'Turn limit' is set to 8 (and the 'Turn length' to 5000, which is the default)
13) Enter your opponent's username
14) Enter 'RPS Dark Extermination League' or something suitable so that your opponent knows it's for this league
15) Click the 'Submit' button
16) Take your first turn and note the challenge in this thread, using the format in point 2 of the post directly above this one.
Desvergeh has challenged CMaster in game 465767.
MarvinPA has challenged tommypepper in game 465776.
DeVadder has challenged leffe_ in game 465764
DeVadder has challenged marrakoosh in game 465775
edit: nwm ^^
leegeorg07 has challenged jsutcliffe in game 465784
jsutcliffe has challenged marrakoosh in game 465789
leegeorg07 has challenged DeVadder in game 465787
leegeorg07 has challenged marrakoosh in game 465791
leegeorg07 has challenged leffe_ in game 465793
jsutcliffe has challenged leffe_ in game 465803
jsutcliffe has challenged DeVadder in game 465811
Last edited by Jams O'Donnell; 14-02-2012 at 03:17 PM.
DeVadder has defeated leegeorg07 in game 465787 by 4 men killed to 3.
Rambo Grenade ftw
MarvinPA has challenged Henke in game 465824.
DeVadder has defeated jsutcliffe in game 465811 by 4 men killed to 3.
I made a new post because i do not know wether you collect the information somehow automatic and might miss an edit, dunno.
edit: And thanks to Marvin, now i didnt even double-post. \o/
If I'm reading that second tab correctly I don't have to challenge anyone, everyone else will do the challenging. So when I kill you guys it'll be in self-defence! No jury will convict me! MUAHAHAHA GAME ON
brocklehurst has challenged supanmanu in game 465918
brocklehurst has challenged echodb in game 465923
brocklehurst has challenged tpiece in game 465927
brocklehurst has challenged Desvergeh in game 465929
Brocklehurst has challenged CMaster in game 465933
All my challenges in, apologies if it takes a little while to get through them all.
Good luck all, but not too much
Last edited by brocklehurst; 14-02-2012 at 07:03 PM.
iwem.xo has challenged Henke in game 465857
iwem.xo has defeated Henke in game 465857 by 4 men killed to 0 (gloaty video here)
iwem.xo has challenged tommypepper in game 465900
Last edited by iwem.xo; 14-02-2012 at 06:55 PM.
RodeoClown has challenged cimethink in game 465980
RodeoClown has challenged WombatDeath in game 465979
RodeoClown has challenged ComradePenguin in game 465977
RodeoClown has challenged Coccyx in game 465976
RodeoClown has challenged lagnut in game 465975
Brocklehurst has drawn withCMaster in game 465933 by 2 kills each.
Spacein_vader has challenged Henke in game 466000
Spacein_vader has challenged tommypepper in game 466004
Spacein_vader has challenged MarvinPA in game 466010
Spacein_vader has challenged Hoodai in game 466013
Spacein_vader has challenged iwem.xo in game 466018
gotem has challenged leffe_ in game 466084
gotem has challenged marrakoosh in game 466087
gotem has challenged DeVadder in game 466095
gotem has challenged jsutcliffe in game 466102
gotem has challenged leegeorg07 in game 466103
Tags for this Thread