Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Thank you, deano. I'd forgotten about that interview, but JMS makes the points I was trying to much more eloquently.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    X-Men: First Class (the movie) was atrocious. Not by X-Men movie standards, sure, but by any other metric it was a terrible film. (but I hated Kick-Ass too and everyone seemed to love that)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    X-Men: First Class (the movie) was atrocious. Not by X-Men movie standards, sure, but by any other metric it was a terrible film.
    I'd say it was the better side of average, if anything. Some very bizarre casting decisions, some ridiculous moments of costume/visual design (Mystique unzipping her jumpsuit near the end to show a hint of cleavage, the way Beast looked, and those are just two I can think of) and some over-the-top visuals, but I thought it was pretty good for what it was.

It's not like Elektra or anything.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    That's some good strawmaning right there by JMS.

Network Hub
    Hush your mouth, when the X-Men fly in to the middle of that apocalyptic stand-off it was the greatest moment in superhero cinema. Kids in costumes saving a world that hates and fears them from itself? In a supersonic jet? Yes. If they could have played the TV shows theme tune that would have been the moment to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    Temple of Doom......If we consider reboots there are far more.
    Temple of Doom was a prequel? Huh. For some reason I always thought it was set in the 50s but I guess it must definitively state the 1935 date somewhere.

And I'm not convinced on reboots. Leaving ongoing comics and their eternal re-interpretations, there aren't many I can think of. Dawn of the Dead...hm.

--oh and back on topic, JMS can't really draw a comparison between him and Moore. As he says, he has done his work under much nicer contracts - the kind which Moore could never get, and was always burned for the lack of.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephro View Post
    Apparently JMS doesn't understand the difference between satire and sequel.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephro View Post
    In what way? The questions were legit ones he was getting through e-mail and the FB group.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Well without replying to every point in the rather long JMS post, quite a few of his points he's posting his own paraphrasing of someone elses question then twisting it to make his own point. So it gives the impression of directly answering other people's questions without really doing so. For instance none of the "apples to apples" comparisons he raised actually match what Alan Moore said...

@Nalano, yeah that was one I picked up on. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Lost Girls are clearly satire not sequels or prequels.

I'd just like to note that Alan Moore did in fact write James Bond into the LXG books, and he's a slimy mercenary rapist. No one seemed to mind.