Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar

Praise the Sun? - Dark Souls Co-op/Dueling Thread

I fully appreciate that it's against the spirit of the game but I'd appreciate rolling around this fossilised civilisation populated by mad bastards and be able to voip with some of them while they murder.

I only have Dark Souls (1)(unless you count Demon Souls on PS3 which I'd be happy to play with RPSers too) but those planning to arrange Dark Souls 2 games are very much welcome (remember to mention your version of DS2 as they differ.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EPICTHEFAIL's Avatar
    I just got into the Undead Parish and have the magical wormhole soap, or whatever it's called, so I could in theory do some co-op. I will be away for the week though, so I'll only be able to engage in co-op dying from next Saturday onwards.
    Guild Wars 2 - Failbaddon, Mars Baneblade, Vulkan Hellhammer
    Elite: Dangerous - EpicTheTrumble
    Steam - EPICTHEFAIL

I'd definitely like to do a bit of the jolly stuff, I'm currently replaying it and I've reached Oolacile, and am whimpering at the thought of taking on Kalameet and Manus, possibly the two most double-hard bastard bosses in the game.

I've intentionally stopped levelling at 17, because of the the trade off for the slight increase in power for myself against the carefully managed builds of the invaders, and while I know guys have finished the game at level 1 I'm not imagining they will be spending time trolling me.

I have healing, magics, clothes that offset curses and poisons (pyromancer starter gear) and I'm able to roll well and my spiked mace is crushing heads nicely.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Hamster View Post
    I'd definitely like to do a bit of the jolly stuff, I'm currently replaying it and I've reached Oolacile, and am whimpering at the thought of taking on Kalameet and Manus, possibly the two most double-hard bastard bosses in the game.
    Depending on your level, I might be able to lend a helping hand, although my damage against Kalameet is laughable at best. Dex-Faith katana & miracle wielder at level 99.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Depending on your level, I might be able to lend a helping hand, although my damage against Kalameet is laughable at best. Dex-Faith katana & miracle wielder at level 99.
    I'm a little under that, roughly in the high 80s. My previous win against him could be my proudest gaming moment, it was an epic fight that lasted over half an hour. Craziness.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Hamster View Post
    I'm a little under that, roughly in the high 80s. My previous win against him could be my proudest gaming moment, it was an epic fight that lasted over half an hour. Craziness.
    That's more than high enough to summon me, if you want my help.

And yeh, I had more or less the same experience. After dying over 50 times. No shield squishy dex character + laughable damage with my divine uchigatana = learning every small detail about it's attacks and animations in order to survive.

Became a Sun Bro with that lightning attack, got a claymore, I'm level 31, killed the gaping dragon.

I think I'm still low enough level that I should be able to help people in earlier sections of the game though.