Rock, Paper, Heroes (of the Storm)

I don't want to play alone anymore, so any other RPS fellows in the technical alpha? Closed beta starts in January 13th, but I was wondering if anyone else was in yet.

My battle.net id is Skyturnedred#2874 if you would like team up.

Hey dude. I got in the other day and am still getting to grips with it and playing rather sporadically, but feel free to add me: Njabbskolt#2568

Lesser Hivemind Node
    As soon as they see fit to invite me I'll be in and playing Stitches :P

I'd love to get in and stomp around with some Diablo characters.

I love Dota 2 but a shorter match/less hardcore game would be fun.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    I'd love to get in and stomp around with some Diablo characters.

I love Dota 2 but a shorter match/less hardcore game would be fun.
    Yeh I currently play Dota2 when I'm feeling like a good sit down and play team game and some friends are online, when I'm flying solo and just want a 15-20 min match I use LoL's dominion mode but this looks like it'd fill that niche for me quite tidily.

It's a bit annoying really, I've been in every other Blizzard beta very early on but the one I am really hyped about (this) I don't get in lol. DOH

Well, it's still called 'technical alpha' and the closed beta starts in January.

I've played it quite a bit, and I don't really see myself going back to LoL or Dota2. I much prefer the casual nature of Heroes, and the emphasis on completing objectives instead of farming lanes.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I got in lately, but the whole Gold cost still feels really really high for me on the heroes (not to mention locking talents to out-of-battle hero level feels stupid as fuck as on some of them i'd never ever pick the 2 default ones).

Still, can see playing it with other people at times as it's guaranteed shorter games. If i have to be out and about in an hour i never start a dota match as murphy says it'll go to 80 minutes with all supports 5 slotted as well <.<

Usually the daily quests give you 200-300 gold, but I just got a quest for 800 gold (play 8 games in any mode). With an assumed 50% win rate in versus that's 960 gold. So in general, I find it pretty easy to get the cheaper heroes, but saving up for the 10k and now the new 15k heroes seems like it could take months after you stop getting 2000 gold every few levels early on.

I think the locked talents are there mostly so people would play new heroes in co-op mode first, to learn the champs while unlocking the advanced talents. Heck, I think it should be mandatory to get at least lvl 2 before being allowed to versus mode on any champ. It reduces the amount of "lol first time" you see in versus mode, that too often just goes badly for everyone.
    Last edited by Skyturnedred; 05-12-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well jumped straight in last night (yep I got in :D YAY)... Went well.

I'm lvl 4 after a few games, Tassadar and Nova are insane, wasn't a fan of ETC (needs your team to know what the hells going on or you just end up sliding to your death).

If anyone wants a game hit me up, I'll be playing a fair amount, gotta unlock me some stitches :D