Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Hi. Name's Adam. Long(ish) time RPS reader, new to the forum. Started out console gaming through the 90's. Finally saw the light (thanks, brother!) around the turn of the century/millennium and been an avid PC gamer for about the past 10 years (though I still find some enjoyment in consoles). I came here at my brother's suggestion. Thought I'd stay for the community and discussions I've seen after poking around a bit. I'm looking forward to my stay!

Obscure Node
    Hi, I'm PasPossible, from Cheese Land. Been reading RPS for a year (iirc), finally decided to register on both forum and news comments recently.

Started gaming on Mac, consoles (and friends' PCs) since the early 90s. Rapidly fell in love with the FPS genre (I still played/play other genre though, mostly TPS and RTS), I got into PC gaming in 1999-2000 and got my own PC with 256k DSL Internet Access in 2001.

Fully lived the golden-age of modding (even did some little mapping myself), especially Half-Life 1 multiplayer mods (haven't missed one... the list is damn long !).

I tend to regret the mods playerbase of 1999-2006. I know it sounds stupid, but back then it was easier to find teamplay-oriented players who weren't focused on their individual performances (having to find, download, install, patch to the latest version the mod kinda filtered out the "common" playerbase).

I still have difficulties to accept the death of modding (now official...) and the flop of recent multiplayer mods focusing on teamplay (on Source/Unreal Engine/etc). It feels so unfair and illogic.

I often compensate by thinking that the creativity went to the indie scene (which is kinda true), and RPS helps me in my quest for awesumz-indie-gamez.

also, regarding RPS, the excellent humour in the articles, picture alt texts and comments really brighten my days :D
    Last edited by PasPossible; 12-08-2011 at 05:02 AM.

Obscure Node
    Howdy. I am f4stjack and reading RPS for 2 years I think and recently registered (I know, shame on me). Had a c64, amiga, and a pc so I think that makes me an ancient gamer. I am also an academician who has gotten his m.a. from criminology (ironically I got my b.a. from Philosophy...).

Hello guys, I'm Andkon a.k.a Andrew K. O...

I love playing PC games and Online games, but lately I been interested in online flash games :)
    hope you will guide and help me here in the community.

thanks

Obscure Node
    Hello im Neo i am a flash game developer. Have a nice day everyone..

Quote Originally Posted by neopets View Post
    Hello im Neo i am a flash game developer. Have a nice day everyone..
    Hello and welcome
    Andre K. O
    andkon - neopets - starfall

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Hi, I'm Nalano and I couldn't help but notice that the introductory posts are the first and last posts of a great many people on this threa.d
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Hi, I'm Kergguz, long time lurker. Kergguz was my first WoW characters name many years ago. Stopped playing WoW but the name stuck. Very Orcy, I like it. My gaming tastes change like the seasons but currently got a love for all things multiplayer. Playing Super Street Fighter 4 AE, Terraria, Magicka and Bloodbowl. In fact the RPS Bloodbowl league is my next stop. Bye for now!

Hey - Long time nuisance in the chatter of the steam group - got sick of everyone telling me to "check the forums", and decided it was time to register my account.

Obscure Node
    I'm Jim Rossignol....wait no. I've done that wrong. Sorry. I'll come in again.

Hi, I'm Hall. I am a student and long time lurker. I will likely only post when I have something startlingly insightful, informative or witty to say. You won't see me often.

Hey all, I ve been an avid RPS reader for a year or so and have finally gotten my act together and registered for the forums to get some games in with you all.

A bit about me: name is Gordon Calleja, run a sizeable research center for games in Copenhagen and do a lot of game writing and some designing (mostly boardgames with a few indies in the pipeline). Started gaming with table top RPGs at 4 (Dad opened the first gaming club back home in Malta) in an epic campaign that ran for a good 12 years weekly. Got into digital gaming as soon as it was around through my dad's friends and have been at it since.

Am mostly into multiplayer shooters and open world action (mostly PC) but have to play most genres and platforms due to work. Have been playing games workshop stuff since it was around and am verrrry keen on getting on the RPS Blood Bowl league.

Ole!

Obscure Node
    Yeah, so I've been lurking around these parts for about 2 years now, and it seemed like time to finally make an account and start posting replies to other people's replies to topics.

My name is Patrick D'Arcy, I live in London/Liverpool and play a lot of video games. I study psychology at university and write video game reviews on my blog sometimes (i.e. the occasional time I remember I have a blog). I've played tabletop RPGs, MMORPGs, and most major releases for the past 10 years. I played in the RPS Warband (King Top Team) and...yeah....that's pretty much it. Looking forward to being more involved.

Obscure Node
    hi, my name is mojo, i like to drink vodka and watch cartoons.

Hi there, Internet.

I'm Whitmore. I like the name because it sounds like Wit More. I study Computer Science, Psychology and Philosophy. I intend to combine them all one day into a project. I also play too many video games(Like, all of them.)

Obscure Node
    I never did post in here. I probably should.

I'm Yann, I've been reading and commenting on RPS since the beginning. I still remember the glossary and its awful jokes. Jokes I know were awful, because many of them were mine. Anyway, I'm digressing too far into I Was Into Them Before They Were Cool territory, so I'll stop.

I live in South Wales, but travel to the London area most weekends, and so have been to a few RPS pub meets. Also, 2 Game Camps, and a variety of other geeky things that involve London in some way. In other words, a few of you may have met me in real life.

I don't post much in the forum, it has to be said.* I spend far too much time on forums as it is. I'm a post-graduate, er, graduate, of a few years. I'm freelance games journalist for websites. Which is a fancy way of saying that I'm unemployed. Hopefully, that will change (to being a fancy way of saying I have one of the lowest-paying jobs available). I also know far too much about ancient literature.

Um, I like PC games? I think that may have been a given.

Yes, on reflection, I imagine it was a given.

Good.

That's your lot. You can move on now.

No, really. Shoo.

*in fact, judging by my post count, this is my first post since the last changeover. Gosh.
    Last edited by Wiper; 10-09-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Activated Node
    Hi, I'm Shark.

But are you A shark? Because if not I will be disappointed.

Hello all!!

I'm Nathan, avid PC Gamer. I carry a specially made crucifix so that anytime I see a console I won't let it affect me.*

I am a huge fan of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series of games (in case you haven't noticed). I am a Forum Administrator and Network Administrator for the FileFront/GameFront Forums and Network Sites (I also run STALKERFiles.com)

I do own one console (bought a used 360) for one game and one game only. Red Dead Redemption. If Rockstar ever gets it's head out of it's ass and releases RDR for PC I'll sell the console, have no need for it otherwise.

If you ask my family they'll tell you I've spent way to much money on my PC (and they are probably right) but I do enjoy gaming in Eyefinity. Beside, who needs clothing and food?

I enjoy mostly walks on the beach and candle lit....wait, erm... Wrong bio. I enjoy First/Third Person Shooters, RTS and RPG games. I steer clear of JRPGs, I'm weird enough without even more influence by the Japanese.

Outside of gaming I enjoy hunting, fishing, RV'ing (been to 40 out of 50 US States so far, love Alaska the most) and movies.

I think all music made after 1987 is pure shit and the fact that if you search "Somebody to Love" on YouTube and see Justin Bieber results before Queen is a travesty against music and everything good in the world.

I won't bore you with my political views but lets just say I hope to see a different kinda "change" come 2012 when we boot that idiot outta the White House and put someone who isn't trying to destroy this country in there. I won't hold out much hope though, they are all politicians after all.

Now if you'll excuse me I have some zombies to kill and in a few hours when it unlocks, I have a meeting with some Hero's of Stalingrad.

*Complete lie. It would be cool though.

Obscure Node
    Hello everyone!

I 'm bsplines and I 've been a PC Gamer for about a decade. I 'm mostly interested in Strategy and RPG games. Right now I 'm playing Alice: Madness Returns.I 'm currently studying in Manchester and will probably be here for quite some time.
    I 've been reading RPS for some time now (I think I started with the Neptune's Pride diaries) and I finally decided to join the community.
    Looking forward to my stay here!

Obscure Node
    I am Tardain, and I love Minecraft