Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Obligatory Hello Gentlemen.

RPS has slowly but surely become one of my regular sites (along with EG, PA Report & Polygon, and cant forget the ZP reviews), I don't play enough games, heck I probably spend more time reading about games than playing them but hey, you can't play BROWN MILITARY SHOOTER 5000 on the toilet, well you probably can, heck I'm sure gameloft have made dozens of them, but i hardly want to play a turd while trying to pass one.

I'm a pretty full on gamer, I bounce back and forth between consoles and the marvelous PC master race, for the last few years it's pretty much been dominantly pc with the odd console exclusive thrown in.

Thanks to eyefinity, and the way that it is one of the best things this platforms does over the consoles, when I play a game now, it's glorious. I really feel like a member of the master race, my peripheral vision needs no longer be bothered by what lies beyond the window. Sunlight and grass? Who cares!

Of course, 90% of the time, this flat out, doesn't happen. I would estimate from personal experience that for every one game that out of the box runs in eyefinity, 9 or more others just don't work, or work terribly. You want to use a menu, NO! You want to have a wide FOV? NO! And in trying to fix this, I really get back into what made me love pc gaming in the first place. Chasing that fucking carrot. I patch, I reg edit, I .ini edit, I run a fixer, I write an angry email to the dev in the form of a haiku, I write a polite letter to the dev in the form of a ransom note. I scour forums, follow the trail of cookie crumbs until eventually, finally, I get it working, then I realize the time, and go fuck it, time to go to the pub.

PC gaming isn't about playing games (If I wanted to do that, i'd just play consoles), it's about all the other shit that gets in the way, wasting your time. It's about spending all night trying different skyrim mods and then going shit, bedtime, I'll play tomorrow. It's about going to play far cry 3, only to realize that nvidia fucking hate you and don't have a SLI profile ready for you yet. It's about buying more games than you could ever possibly play (my steam library grows fatter than a man with diabetes), for crazy cheap prices, and then you do the math and realize that you only play one in three of them. Or worse, buying games on day one, even though you're going through what is known as 'MMO relapse'.

So yeah. Name's Jack, I'm from Australia (the land of shitty ping!), and I ramble way too much.

Obscure Node
    An 18-year-old with a passion for strategy games and a wannabe writer accumulating the 10 posts necessary to start a thread on his literary XCOM-retell attempt. :)

Obscure Node
    Hi also a long time lurker and PC gamer - always thought i should make an account but...;)

Been in the BF community long years but got bored and found a nice sandbox MMO 2+ years ago that's still alpha and got highly addicted ...

Still waiting for a cool FO 2D MMO...

Obscure Node
    Hi, my name is Ciprian, @Zapakitul on the internet. I'm a freelance game designer and programmer with some industry experience (worked on a couple of Gameloft games in the past few years). I found out about Rock Paper Shotgun in 2010 from twitter after mistaking it for a iOS game that one of my followers made (the game was named Rock Paper Laser). Google brought me to the website and I kept an eye out for it ever since.

Edit: forgot. Happy New Years RPS!

Obscure Node
    Hi All, I've been lurking here for ages but a long-awaited PC upgrade means I'll be able to do a bit of multiplayer for the first time in a while. I'll be looking for games in BF3, GW2, PS2 and Borderlands 2 mainly, but I tend to flit between games a lot (I tend to go a bit mental during Steam sales :-( !

Tonyferrino on Steam, tonyferrino77 on Origin
    Last edited by tonyferrino; 02-01-2013 at 04:44 PM.

I'm Matt. I live in Arkansas and think that running water and electricity are pretty cool.

Network Hub
    Yo. Been reading RPS a few years & decided to get a login after I started playing Planetside 2. Live in Oxfordshire. In no way do I regret my choice of username.

Same as above, been reading RPS for years and now playing Planetside 2 solo has gotten lonely I thought I'd register. I live in York atm, 6 year experience games industry professional fwiw.

Obscure Node
    I'm not really a werewolf, but I do like gaming.

So hello! Hoping to make some new gaming buddies after being ditched by previous pals who favoured marriage, children, careers, etc over shooting and stabbing things online. Go figure.

I'm a London-based software developer, been reading RPS for a couple of years (although a lot more since I actually invested in a decent PC), and thought this might be a pretty decent place to talk video games. Hopefully without all the... intensity that seems to stalk the subject elsewhere.

So! Hello, good people. I look forward to meeting you all.

I'm WaxwingSlain and I'm too old to be playing computer games. Rock, Paper, Shotgun is my favorite gaming blog and one of my favorite blogs for any topic.

I am a long-time gamer, but relatively new to multiplayer. Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to join the other RPS Planetside 2 players. Ah.

I live in Chicago, USA
    Last edited by WaxwingSlain; 14-01-2013 at 07:55 PM. Reason: update

Hello everyone, I like to lurk on teh streams and play der vider games.

Obscure Node
    Hey guys ! I'm a French gamer who study in Czech Republic for now, fan of RPG, RTS and some other games... I'm please to see you =]

Obscure Node
    Hello!

From UK, developer. Been lurking and reading for a while.

Finally decided to join.

Looking to get back in EVE Online with RPS.

Hello. My name is Dan and I'm new to RPS, though I find myself on here more and more these days as an antidote to all the console nonsense and thought it high-time I joined the forum. Subscriber of PC Format since 1997 and can be found lurking on The Other Place forums a lot; ever since the PC Format forums morphed into Techradar. I'm a PC gamer and modder, having made mods for the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games, Far Cry, Minecraft and Terraria. I used to own a 360 but it got old real quick so I sold it.

Currently sitting next to a P6T Deluxe mobo in a Corsair 600T chasis, Core i7 965 Extreme CPU and 6Gb of Corsair 1600 RAM - now shopping around for new bits to build a brand new Über-gaming rig in preparation for all the UnrealEngine4 games coming our way very soon (hopefully).

When I'm not sat here I'm either at work as an Information Officer for an NHS practice out in the Leicestershire countryside, reading books at home (currently reading the epic "Winter of the World" by Ken Follett) or watching TV/DVD box sets (Complete "Hustle"), watching films on Bluray or posting rubbish in Youtube.

I'm 36, a human male Earth man and single.
    Last edited by soopytwist; 23-01-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Hi my name is Tobias Johnson I'm a games developer that resonantly graduated from a masters course at Glamorgan university, currently setting up a business called Dojo Arcade and creating our 1st game Soulfinity, been keeping up to date with whats going on in the gaming world through Rock Paper Shotgun :)

Really enjoying the site and forums, the fact it's dedicated to PC gaming is perfect!

Hi all, I'm Dare. I feel like I am into making games forever, but now it seems like I can finish something finally :) BTW, I also like playing games, specially racing.

Obscure Node
    I've been a pc fanatic for so long but never realised it until I've first gazed upon this site.Thank you for exposing my discriminatory nature.

Hello ladies and gentlemen, after lurking for well over a year I decided to register for the RPS forums. Looking forward to talking with you all!