Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Hey Ladies & Gents. Like Mr. L_No here, I've been a long-time lurker.

I'm a big time PC Gamer. I do own other consoles as well. Looking forward to be locked in awesome discussions with all of you fine folks in here! :D

Obscure Node
    <<< Additional generic lurker comment.

Been following for the past few years, extremely avid reader. Super excited to get involved in the community!!!!!!!!!! I've been putting it off for a while to keep time freed up but, well, it's time to face fate and just accept that I'll be spending all my downtime here for eternity.
    I'm a 'murica reader in the Eastern timezone. I'm an extremely die-hard PC enthusiast with a built-up command center (read: basement the girlfriend is not allowed in without saying the password) in which I keep my home-made cockpits, e-driving equipment, and command station (read: PC/HDTV/couch). I'm mostly a sandbox MMO enthusiast, but have not been excessively involved in an online version since SWG.
    *A side note on that topic, I'm currently following The Repopulation closely and am extremely excited for it. I hope, assuming the game turns out as advertised, that I am given the opportunity to enjoy the pleasure of spending many a wee hour with some fellow RPS'ers carving our own little niche into its world.
    Personally, I'm a 26-year-old male working in law enforcement, where I have obviously unconventional shift work that allows me to not be permanently bound to timezone differences. I'm a huge motor-freak (petrolhead?) and regularly decide whether to pay my mortgage or buy a new toy ....priorities. While 1% of my life goes into gaming and fast things, the other 99% is spent spoiling my Doberman Pinscher.

Obscure Node
    Hello, good evening, greetings, etc. Not new to the site, very new to the forum. Go easy, yeah?

Multi-plat gamer but PC is my weapon of choice. List of over 50 games on my steam account that are still unplayed; I seem to have more fun buying ridiculous numbers of games in sales than actually playing the damn things.

I've sunk a lot of hours in to BF3; it's not healthy, but it's a thing. Actually running a 24h charity event on BF3 in April; I'll probably be mildly spamming that for support, should I be permitted.

In other news, I have a cat and a motorbike. They don't combine, unfortunately. That would be awesome though. A meowterbike.

Obscure Node
    Hello here. They call me Tzefa
    I spend most of my time playing PC games online so you'll probably see me joining in where I can
    I play alot o' league of legends and Planetside 2 atm

Obscure Node
    Hi all! I joined just to reply to a thread. Maybe I can reply to more threads? The possibilities are endless!

OY!! First post here - been lurking/reading RPS for I don't know, three years? Been a part of my daily routine for too long now. No idea why I never signed on for the forums, but it's probably because I read the majority of the articles on my intelli-phone, and am often curious as to why there is no mobile theme. (I'm a web developer, why don't I just make a completely non-obtrusive one for you guys?)

I digress - I'll be showing up on these forums quite often now, I suppose. Not that you care. My computer's broken right now, anyway, and I'm actively building another one. Just have to transfer some funds and I should have a fine rig up and running in about two weeks, and I can hopefully get back to dropping in on FolkARPS games again. Used to frequent RPS Steam Chat until my motherboard fried, and I look forwards to making obscure game references and puns whenever I possibly can. Oh, and I wrote something that was in the Sunday Papers once! So that's neat too. Not that I'm trying to be a braggadocio, but I was proud.

Back to trying to cope during my brief hiatus, sans-computer.

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    Old timer lurker here as well, am looking for an RPS CS:GO outfit. Do we have one?
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSignalX View Post
    Old timer lurker here as well, am looking for an RPS CS:GO outfit. Do we have one?
    I havent played in a looong time, but I'm alway interested in playing with others. Add me: Raaritgozilla

Obscure Node
    Hello! I've been a regular RPS reader for quite a while, and now I've found a good reason to sign up for the forums. Which is - getting smashed by other (hopefully) human Blood Bowl players in the RPS Challenge League.
    What else can I say. I like turn-based games and games telling an unpredictable and/or gripping story. I also have a bit of a spaceship fetish, which I've been satisfying in Eve Online for over three years now.

And I'm constantly impressed by the community this site has managed to build! It's a shining beacon of benevolent light in the anonymous darkness of internet discussion places. Big up yourself!

Hi! I'm a West Australian based long time reader. I've joined mainly to try and get into the social clubs. Feel free to add me on Steam or MW:O, I look forward to playing with you all.

Hello. I'm a long time reader, occasional poster and 2 time attender of RPS social club in London (both times getting far more drunk than was good for me). If you add me on Steam and see I'm playing a game that you would like to try on multiplayer (either competitive or co-op) give me a shout and I'll happily give it a go.

Right now I really want to try and get a co-op game of Men of War:Assualt Squad going so any takers feel free to get in touch.

Steam name = netsukemonkey

Adios!
    Mike

Obscure Node
    Hi all,

Naetharu here, I am a York based researcher who spends way too much time reading RPS when I should be doing real work! I've decided to take the plunge and join the forums too. I'm hoping to get involved with some of the social groups with a bit of online gaming.

a.k.a. Swede

Ex USN Deepsea Diver, ADS Pilot. IRONMAN. Rugger. CrossFit instructor. Canyoneer. WoW feral movie maker, Coldbear. Turn based tactics guy. Chaos Gate aficionado and faq writer (15 years ago under name parl2001).

Alexandria, VA

Hi everyone!

chouzar here, regular RPS reader, I would like to play some more games from my unplayed list. Really like tactical games, I'm thinking on joining the Frozen Synapse league, and if anyone is interested I'm up for some Battles for Wesnoth and Field of Glory.

Obscure Node
    Hello!

First time poster and not really long time reader. I recently bought myself a new machine and I need to find more people to play with! A friend of mine suggested that I should check out RPS when we were talking about planetside 2 and here I am.

I'm studying at the moment and in a couple a years I will hopefully have an exam in system science and work as a programmer. My native tongue is swedish btw.

Obscure Node
    Hello all, 52fitz here. Been reading RPS for years. It's been too long (though a lot of fun) playing single-player, time to get more sociable.
    I work in the tech side of broadcasting and enjoy running (and walking) in the hills.
    Favourite games, things like HL2 and Stalker. Hoping to learn and enjoy stuff like Arma.

Hello again, lurking on and off the site for a few months but making an effort to actually read daily because I always end up here and some point, so making a conscious effort to get on the forums too :D

Hi everybody,

Im Dan from CODE Team, 2 people team called Creative Output Development (CODE)

When I said im going to develop games, everybody said NO - you donít have fancy game development education, you must have at least 4 years of experience, be realistic, get real job like your friends, you never gonna get girlfriend without a job, girls donít like loosers then stop dreaming and get a job, you are
    not good enough, you donít have millions of dolars for office, workers, licenses, equipment give it up! today id software, dice, rockstar games are a big shots do you really think you and your friend can compete with them? ďIm just tellin this for you own goodĒ not to bring you down, your plan wonít work its just impossible, and look at your friends they have famillies, children, apartment in a loan, stable ďgoodĒ job, a car and what do you have Daniel? nothing, you are broke, no money, no job, you didnít even finish your engineering degree.
    I didnít pay attention to all of this crap and guess what? I actually make games :) I didnít listen to that NO, the best way to start making games is to DO IT!
    What happens when somebody says I canít do it? I DO IT.
    There is no ďmaybeĒ, I wanna make games, hard work beats talent to the knees, Whatever it takes I WILL DO.
    If I wonít believe it, who else will?
    I will use that attitude as a blueprint for the rest of my life.

I would love to tell our story maybe you guys might be interested in taking a look at.

Our Story
    1) CODE Ė the beginning.
    Jarek:
    Iím Jarek. Right now I am about to graduate Electrical Engineering degree. Normally I wouldnít even think about game development as my carer but chain of events happened that set me on that path. First of all I always have dreamed about being programmer and because of that I started to learn programming very early. I wrote my very first program in C when I was 12 and since then I never discontinued my passion for programming. In time I tried very different languages and styles but never committed to any of them. When I started my studies I already known most programming languages used there. There where not many as this was electrical department and we focused mainly on micro controllers. One of main events that set me on my new path was meeting with cousin that graduated Technical University. We ended up talking about game development as a job. He was first person that told me that it was not a bad choice for career and gave me lots of encouragement. I didnít think that I had necessary skills because designing software differs greatly from programming hardware. After giving this some thought I realized that my hardware programming skills will become my advantage. When you think about it the very first games where made by electrical engineers. Then about month later my childhood friend proposed that we could build our own game. Full of doubts but determined I accepted his proposition. Shortly after we started my doubts have diminished and found myself learning and experimenting all day long. Soon with practice I learned all I needed to create our first game.
    My story offers only a small piece of wisdom.
    1) Never give up your dreams. You have ability to shape your reality just as reality can shape you.
    2) You have to gain trust In yourself. For me to gain that inner strength I had to put my trust in others that had faith in me. In time I gained trust in my abilities.
    3)There is always room for improvement. Never stop learning.

Daniel:
    Hi
    Iím Dan,
    When I started my College IT Engineer degree (2008) I wanted to be an sys_admin I found a job as help desk junior admin in hosting company, I loved servers but I also loved perfection and in help desk job after 3 years I was frustrated mostly because of customers and endless emails from them.
    On summer I went from Gdynia (Poland) to Dublin (Ireland) and got hired by big gaming company. My long CV of hosting skills and passion for games since child helped me with getting job, I also was lucky to know english and polish (more languages you know better for you).
    My job title was ĎQuality Assurance Game Testerí, I quickly figure out that big company people are not ďgod likeĒ they are mortals like Me and You.
    People there inspired me, it was like heaven for gamer in every single day.
    My main objective was to see how this big colossus works from the inside, I was curious about everything.
    After summer I went back to Gdynia to continue my College degree, I changed my plans from being an sys_admin to game tester, I had a map on my wall and marked Vancouver EA Games QA as my another direction.
    During my last years of college I found an internship (2011) as 3d artist in small gaming company, I learned 3dsmax in 28 days from tutorials and Blender in 9 days and I love Blender since then.
    Some day after I was fired, they told me I was not good enough, I was burning inside not only of that reason and that I was first in my life fired.
    I was enraged because I was working after work till late to speed-up my skills to be as good as other people there, I wanted to be the best with big ambitions and was treated like piece of ****.
    I regretted that I went back to my country for small salary (500 euro/week Dublin, 125 euro/month on internship Gdynia) and to continue my useless college degree that didnít learned me anything.
    I quickly realized that college donít give me guarantee of stable good payed job, and job is based on hope. I started to thinking about my own company, making better games and treating employee like human not like cog.
    2) I need backup!
    2 January 2012
    I proposed my childhood friend Jarek to join me on making our own games, and he said Yes.
    Our ENTJ/INTJ Team work amazingly perfect and we were like a sponge, starting to read lots of books. We started to contact everybody in the industry, and didnít think that I will ever talk to Trip Hawkins (Founder of EA), one of my dots connected from my map, it was QA EA Games, but QA changed from quality assurance to questions and answers from Founder of EA and I was delighted.
    After checking out histories of other companies there are two similar patterns:
    1) 1-3 founders
    2) ridiculous, sickening work ethic.
    We changed our logo and name couple of times, first it was Epileptic Games but we figured that word Epileptic was inappropriate, then it was badpixel but it was taken, after that we figure out RAGE (Really Awesome Games Entertainment) influenced by DICE (Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment) but there was one problem, id released game called RAGE, finally Jarek proposed CODE (Creative Output Development) and we were happy with that name.
    Itís hard to work from home where family distracting you every 5 seconds, after release of our first game called Very Little Monsters we are planning to get office.
    We started Very Little Monsters knowing nothing, we started from scratch. Reading motivational books kept us inspired and determined, one brick at a time and soon you have a wall - Will Smith.
    We started excersise to keep our sanity and health in good shape (fire dance, running, gym, krav maga, boxing).
    Books was our main source of absolutely everything, In my early years I have hated books, the main problem was that books in school didnít caught my attention, now im reading books like crazy, its almost like Neo from matrix ďI know kung-fuĒ.
    We found as much about tasks and time management as we could google.
    Hope it is useful for someone that lost his job and his entire world and faith collapsed in blink of an eye.
    Always remember that hard work beats talent to the knees, you have 24 hours every day, use it.
    Donít listen to people that donít make games, they donít have a bloody clue what are you talking about, ď3d mesh? Whats that!Ē if they cant do it Ė they will tell that YOU canít do it, so always ask people that make games. Never let failure to be an option, as long as you wont give up you wont loose! When life beats you down you get up, when they shut doors, you can go back by window.
    Work hard, there is no other way around.
    -CODE Team.
    www.code-software.com

Like us if you like us :D
    http://www.facebook.com/CreativeOutputDevelopment

Obscure Node
    Evening all,

I've been reading the site for what must be a couple of years now, so its about time I said hello and got involved in things - hopefully the online banter will be as entertaining as the article comment threads!

I work as an applications programmer and have intentions of trying my hand at a bit of game development, assuming that I can tear myself away from the steam sales/indie bundles that have been vapourising my free time lately...

Obscure Node
    I'm foop, and I've been playing games on electronic devices of one sort or another for the last 30 years.

I play the sort of things that RPS loves, which is probably why I read it. I've used to be hugely into EvE, but becoming a parent made that somewhat hard to fit in. Recently, apart from my constant dabbling with Dwarf Fortress, I've been trying to play Planetside 2. I've discovered that I suck at sniping.