Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    The names Frenz0rz, or just Frenz if you prefer. I've been a avid RPS follower for quite some time, and try to contribute to the comment threads as much as possible. Oddly, though, I hardly touched the old forum.

I'm also the staff writer for Team SAO, which you'll probably see me plugging occasionally. Forgive the state of our website, it's fairly new and we're waiting on a software update so that we can transfer a lot of the old features. SAO 16 (one of our occasional clan events) is coming up next Saturday, so feel free to pop in for a game of Left 4 Dead or Blood Bowl.

Right, that really is enough plugging. As for me, I play quite a broad spectrum of games. Basically, if a game is regarded as being good, I'll give it a go regardless of the genre.

Hmm... I cant seem to figure out how to embed links into text here. Anyone know?

- Team SAO site: www.teamsao.com
    Last edited by frenz0rz; 03-06-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Obscure Node
    Hi I'm Will, my handle came from a dream where I had a net made of a thousand rabid eagles strung a meter apart. I used it to catch a flying killer whale.

Since girls do not exist on the internet I can safely reveal here that I like to eat fermented tofu.

Hello, my name is Joe. I'm an unemployed uni drop out, and I use words to mask my failure.

Obscure Node
    I'm a maths research student. This means I read books and papers all day whilst wishing I was doing anything else but read books and papers all day.

Always enjoy a game of Blood Bowl, and will generally play any game - however badly designed - if it has a good story. I get easily addicted to MMOs but single player sandbox games bore me to tears. I hate all RTS games with a passion ever since I wasn't immediately good at them as a kid and wrote them off forever.

Greetings one and all, I am the one they call Sidian. RPS is by far my favourite gaming site and is quite wonderful. These forums seem to be a big step up from the last ones, so I'll probably be more active on here from now on and I hope to make some good gaming buddies in the future. I like most game genres but my favourite games are old school, classic RPGs with good writing and plenty of choices and consequences such as Fallout 1, Planescape: Torment and Arcanum.

I'm Jimmy. Hit me up for ARMA, Red Orchestra (+Darkest Hour), Men of War Assault Squid and flying shenanigans. I'm usually in steam group chat if you want a game :D

Obscure Node
    Hello gents, RL handle is Bill, i've been on the forums and commenting on the site for a while now. Longtime gamer and onetime pundit sort of between things and generally enjoying the craic. Good to see the new forums are up!

Obscure Node
    I am Yodith, aka Jodi, and have been playing PC games for a good 15 years. I work in digital media in a primarily SEO, blogging and social media driven role for all manner of high-profile multinational clients. I'm fairly old skool PCGF and have been on the diaspora sites for quite a long time, for those that still means anything to.

Although this is a PC gaming site, I'm also a keen console gamer and don't let platform get between me and a good slice of action. I'm generally a single-player only type although I enjoy a bit of BFBC2 online and used to be a hardcore WoW raider in a World Top 25 guild. My MMO days are now long behind me although RPGs generally remain my preferred genre by quite a stretch.

I also enjoy writing and blogging outside of my professional capacity and would be eager to get involved with any gaming-related blogging projects anybody here is running. Drop me a PM if you've got something on the go.
    Last edited by Yodith; 03-06-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Obscure Node
    I am AbyssUK, I may or may not be a senior member of Anonymous you'll never know.
    I get angry about DRM and even more angry at stupid people who think DRM will fix piracy.

I am a real scientist who does experiments and stuff, not that rubbish biological/medical stuff but REAL stuff with metals and ceramics and mud.

In my spare time I plot ways to take over the world, I am planning on writing a book about it.

Hi folks, my name is Markus and I'm infiltrating RPS on behalf of the German government. Your humor confuses me but I try to blend in by playing Blood Bowl with you fine gentlemen.

Nice new forum, by the way, should prove to be much better than the old one.

Obscure Node
    Hola, I'm UW. I've been about for a while.

I've got square brackets around my name now because there is a 3-character minimum as a new feature on the forums.

Obscure Node
    I'm Chalky. I post stuff on the internet from time to time. When I'm not writing introduction posts on rock paper shotgun, I moderate guildwars2guru.com, a Guild Wars 2 fansite. That game's going to be quite good, or so I hear.

Activated Node
    I am Allan Schnorr. I live in Brazil and I am a PhD Student who plays PC games in my spare time.

Obscure Node
    Hello, I am Seb, and it's all Jim's fault.

By day I do internet things, by night I make games. Or is that the other way around?

Obscure Node
    Hi, I'm Simian9, been lurking on RPS for ages... nice new shiny forums have galvanised me into registering. Into most things, FPS, strategy (RTS, turn-based), RPG. Hope to do less lurking and more non-lurking.

I'm State. I tend to read about games more than I actually play them. I'm also a machinima.com director of GTA IV videos.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    I am Soldant. I'm a long-time lurker who has read all of your insightful comments and I just generally like the RPS community. By day I'm a nurse. On weekends I volunteer as a medic.

Hello.

I'm Duke Nasty VI.

I'm a computer science student.

Edit:

It turns out I'm not very good at introducing myself. Some short facts: I like most game genres as long as the game is good. I've been reading RPS for a few years now and I had at least 5 posts on the old forum. Right now I'm playing Football Manager 2011, because I'm very fond of procrastination. Especially when there are exams coming up. Oh, and I'm from Norway.
    Last edited by Duke Nasty VI; 03-06-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Obscure Node
    I'm Maykael, I am a philosophy major that is not pretentious and I think this is the best place to be on the internets. I also really like this new interface.

I'm Renfield, and I started following RPS ca. 2007, and never stopped. Not even when Quinns phoned it in that one time, or when the comments ooze topical hatred! Edit: Though as charmingly as one can ooze.

When not reading RPS, I mostly play RPGs (p&p included) and strategy/tactics stuff (only virtual). Sadly, due to a lack of resources for a proper system, my current PC is a quasi-gaming laptop, just about managing DA2 in medium settings, and shall therefore remain nameless. It cannot remove its own eyeball.

Also, I don't hate consoles. They give me a means to follow more of the current gaming catalogue than my PC allows, and are therefore pretty alright in my book; and/or inherently a viable gaming medium.

tl;dr -

I love RPGs, I love strategy, I love tactics (and in the game), and I require more minerals, so my present PC is a bit meh. When not gaming(!?), I think about thinking, and listen to too much classical.
    Last edited by Renfield; 05-06-2011 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Dates mixed up.