Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead0331 View Post
    Wargamers sure do stick together. Hello everyone.
    Good to see your shining face :)

Obscure Node
    Long time reader of the site, you guys always cover the games I'm most interested in so...figured it was time to get to know the community. Hello all. :)

Welcome (from a guy who just joined a few hours ago)!

Activated Node
    yeah yeah, yeah... I'm here now too :)
    Party ever onward!

edit:
    I guess this is the part where I blame LongBlade for my appearance.

I'm a tabletop gamer, but I must admit a recent addiction to Civ V (no... it did not just come out on the Mac - save the snark J-Z!. I just recently got it on a sale for about $8 and couldn't pass that up...)

Was once a staff writer for Wargamer.com, but apparently some guy named Scott has now written all of my articles, and the site there has gone to hell in a very large handbasket since some business deals went all side-screwy, so I was looking for a new place to hang my hat.

I'm also the guy that runs GrogNews.com, a military news and gaming blog, so feel free to stop by there some time and see what we've got.
    Last edited by bayonetbrant; 23-01-2012 at 04:00 AM. Reason: expanding my introduction

Quote Originally Posted by bayonetbrant View Post

Was once a staff writer for Wargamer.com, but apparently some guy named Scott has now written all of my articles
    Tell me about it. I've got a decade of news and articles in there. Attempts were made to erase my identity, but they're too clever by half. Turns out the buggy software we used for years forced me to hardcode a bunch of authors' names in the bodies of the articles.

Heh.

Ooh lovely, internet realpolitik. Is there any danger of you lot being followed by the matrix or whatever you're trying to escape? 'Cause that wouldn't be ideal. Either way, I think we're all very glad to absorb you in to the hivemind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakysh View Post
    Ooh lovely, internet realpolitik. Is there any danger of you lot being followed by the matrix or whatever you're trying to escape? 'Cause that wouldn't be ideal. Either way, I think we're all very glad to absorb you in to the hivemind.
    Funny you mention "matrix."

For several years Wargamer.com was owned by a niche wargaming publisher Matrix. When they got assimilated by Slitherine, that's when things started going downhill.

So in a sense, yes, we're fleeing a Matrix. But really we're fleeing what it morphed into.

There are some really good stories in there BTW but I'm not really ready to start sharing them.

Such a tease...

The only thing I know is that I remembered to bring a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Disapproval Robot View Post
    Such a tease...
    By sharing your D&D story, you qualify as an insider. However, I'm not really wanting to go public. Maybe sometime we can grab a beer at a con.

Hi - Tim1966. One time modder of Close Combat, Take Command and Battlefield Academy. Now part of the Scourge of War: Gettysburg team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1966 View Post
    Hi - Tim1966. One time modder of Close Combat, Take Command and Battlefield Academy. Now part of the Scourge of War: Gettysburg team.
    Cool. That's a solid pedigree.

A con, eh? Alright, I'm in but this time, you're the one who's gotta dress up like Princess Leia.

Howdy - my name is Ergonomic Cat, occasionally Wookiee, or SSG Wookiee. I'm a foreigner (in that I'm American) in RPSland, but I've been here for a while now, despite not being registered. After rediscovering Keiron's Blood Bowl write-ups, I decided to finally start playing Blood Bowl with some real people, so signed up for Divisions of Death last month.

Now I'm just vaguely hanging about.
    RPS Blood Bowl, Division F: Skitter About, Skaven Scramblers

Activated Node
    hi and hello im new to your world..

from philippines, is there also filipino's here?

Obscure Node
    Hello all;

Recent convert to RPS though I've spent a good few years reading far too much guff elsewhere. Thirty-*cough* something gamer, RPG fan and occasional Foot-to-Ball Manager and MMORPG addict. Can be convinced to play BF3 but usually only when I'm feeling masochistic.

I'm alvin. i lurk a lot?

Activated Node
    Decided it was time to stop lurking and join the community today! I've been reading RPS since about 2007 when I discovered pretty much all my favourite PC Gamer writers had gotten together and formed a blog.

I play a bit of just about everything. The UT, Quake, Half Life, Jedi Knight and Red Alert series with all their mods were LAN staples growing up, and I spent two years tailoring on Tatooine in Star Wars Galaxies. Right now I'm playing a lot of Kingdoms of Amalur, Dungeon Defenders, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim, while meaning to get back in to TF2 and Minecraft sometime.

My finest hour was appearing in RPS' Airbuccaneers header, after pulling off an awesome flamethrower-strafe-double kill with Jim aboard.

Pleased to meet you all!

Just call me Chrome for short.

Been a UK based PC gamer ever since I managed to get a rig capable of running something decent.

See you all around the forums.

Obscure Node
    I like video games, go figure.

I play TF2, Quake, Tribes and various RPG's, usally very badly.