Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    I just read every single one of them.

Everyone seems really nice! But also I get the sense we are all crushingly aware of the vast gulf of distance that seperates us from true social interaction. The Internet is to social interaction what telegram-sex is to sexual arousal.

I come out with unfounded crap like that all the time, then have a whole few minutes of doubt about if I should say it. I write tweets at people and then delete them.

On the comments threads I have the same avatar but a different name. It's my real life name.

I like all the games on the PC, although strangely thought Half Life 2 was pretty poor on a recent play through. I would have consoles also if I could afford to (shortly will).

I forced myself to post this because I almost deleted it, hating the entire thing for it's lack of eloquence and rambling structure.

Edit: oh god I didn't say anything I wanted to. You're all very clever and sexy here on RPS. But don't get big headed about it. Okay I need to be shot, this is rediculous.
    Last edited by measurements; 05-06-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: unending self-doubt

Hello all, I am Acroman...can't remember why I have the 56 bit in my username since I have been using this since the internet began!

I love World of Warcraft (still) along with many many other games including, but not limited to: Minecraft, Terraria, Blood Bowl, Borderlands, Super Meat Boy, Trackmania, Hitman series, Red Dead Redemption (Boooo no PC version yet), WH40k: Dawn of War 1/2, Total War and loads of other PC/PS3 titles that I can't remember. I love films (don't we all) with Star Wars, Kill Bill, Sin City, Anchorman and Hellraiser being a few of my favourites and I am a closet wrestling fan.

And now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

Obscure Node

Official Communication

Greetings ... I am a representative from the Department of Information Technology under the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India. Seriously. I don't have my ID with me right now but just trust me on this one.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkath View Post
    Yo I'm Darkath, I'm French, living in Paris, moving to Shanghai soon.

I follow RPS since quite a long time but never noticed there was any forums, now with this shiny new vBulletin board, i'm sure it will be good place to lurk, troll and glorify the almighty PC Gaming !

Currently playing Terraria (little indie gem), Starcraft 2 (pure eSport awesomeness), and Brink (laggy unbalanced stuff)
    Hai dar, Kai.

I'm Nick Stevens/VoodooFrog and I was on the old forums too. I'm a web designer currently but hope to go study game design. I made the Minecraft Survivalism mod so if you're annoyed that more Minecraft stuff got posted on RPS or that I dragged you back into addiction, then I'm sorry. :D

Hi, Also a long time lurker, with an interest in RPGs and games where I build things. Very happy to have stumbled upon RPS in my internet wanderings. I just felt that I should say so.

I'm J.B. (in the real world & on these forums) and digital_pariah in Steam etc.

Been reading RPS for some time now, liking the new forums. Nice to meet you all!

EDIT: Oh yes, I'm in England (South-East to be not very specific). And like many of you I play far too many games on this here PC.
    Last edited by J.B.; 06-06-2011 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Because...why not?

Love the new forum. Hi, by the way, I'm pnikosis, but this is not my real name though: It's not that people on the street shout "hey pnikosis!" just to get my attention. Mostly because there are not many random people in the street that want to get my attention, but also because as I said before, "pnikosis" is not my real name... But probably you already guessed that.

Hi, my name isn't really Bob and I am not a landscaping engineer. I hardly ever have time to game much anymore and generally get my gaming fix via RPS whenever the opportunity arises. I've been known to say incredibly stupid shit from time to time and would like to apologise in advance for any offence caused.

This is the internet name I came up with when I was 12, and I've foolishly stuck with it. Ah well, too late now. 'mechimp' or 'man-eater chimp' on steam if your that fussed! I found RPS after reading the tall-nut article an indeterminate amount of time ago.

My PC is rubbish as I'm poor with little technical know-how so I'm stuck with free/low spec games, still fun though!

I'm Swanny, mostly a WoW addict at the moment, but this site has helped me to support a lot of indie developers starting with AI War, and Mechanarium.
    I play guitar, 40K, Necromunda, and make the best damn chocolate chip cookie you've ever had (don't ask).

Well hello there fine folks, An Anonymous Source here.

I've been following RPS for a few months now because of your awesome consistency in being above average. Thought those new forums would be a good occasion to start commenting.

I play games. On a PC. The one I'm using right now as it happens.

Obscure Node
    Greetings all!

My name is Kevin Veale, I'm a PhD student of Media Studies at the University of Auckland in New Zealand. I've written a Masters Thesis on storytelling in videogames, and a PhD on comparative storytelling in various digital media forms including videogames. I've been delighted to see the Sunday Papers articles about feeling in games, since that's pretty much the direction I've been going too. I lecture a summerschool paper about games and game culture because I am Incredibly Lucky.

Becoming a game academic was a great self defence for loving games yet remaining rubbish at them.

I've been reading RPS for several years. I wasn't in on the ground floor, but I was pointed at it by a friend (I think) within the first few months.

It's been a great resource for me, and I've been referencing articles left-right-and-center. Hell, I've written up a draft for a journal article which I realised is entirely devoted to games I only learned about from RPS.

(cue background clickery involving money.)

Well, if nothing else, this post has reminded me that I intended to become an RPS subscriber months ago, and forgot because I'm a Goddamned Genius.

I think the game which made the biggest impression on my formative years was Starcontrol 2, which I'm delighted to see has made it onto GoG.com as well as the glorious effort that is the Ur-Quan Masters. At some point I might do a more detailed rant about it.

Uh. Hmm. I guess that's it. Oh yeah: because I clearly decided that the life of a penniless academic raving in the streets about fireants and communism wasn't a big enough challenge, I'm a fiction writer.

I think that's where I sign off. I'm @krveale on Twitter if anyone's interested in bibblings about games, fiction, relevant academic wank and the like.

Hi, I'm Caleb/Cable (seewhatididthere?) i also study at the University of Auckland (yay!) doing law and science.
    I've been lurking around RPS for a while i was brought here thankfully by Quinns' mine the gap series, i also play games on my personal computer when i find time as i have many to get through having only recently been truly brought into the fold of playing electronic games.

Hello People,
    I'm Joseph, a student (thing) from England. I've very recently finished college and I'm now waiting to go to University where I'll be studying games programming. Between then and now I'll be reading, playing games, playing guitar in terrible bands and attending various social alcohol consumption events.
    I'd been reading RPS for quite a while now when they made this new forum (The old one didn't appeal to me much) so decided to join!

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    I discovered RPS after becoming sick of Kotaku and now I can't go back. I'm a decommissioned Irish terrorist of not to be sneered at proportions- I used to enjoy Modern Warfare but it got a bit tedious and boring. I like em all, big and small, something with a good story and brilliant music is what I'm really interested in though. I make and study music in different forms, sometime this summer I'll be asking your opinions on some of this :)

Network Hub
    Hello.

My name is Ross. I've been playing games since the ZX Spectrum. I'm 34 and from the UK. I used to run a gaming community. Now I don't.

I'm currently playing The Witcher 2, Dirt 3 and Theif: Deadly Shadows.

Hello, hello. I am squirrelfanatic and I like good video games. I started off with an NES, made my way through the (short) N64 era and I am still happily playing on my Wii on and off. Wait, you don't care about consoles here, you say? But I also DO like PC games, yes sir. Matter of fact, these days I "do" more PC than consoles. As I said, I like good video games and I don't care too much which platform they're on, as long as I have access to that given machine.

Multiplayer-wise I enjoy some TF2 from time to time and I have a history of Guild Wars which will be extended as soon as GW2 is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    Hi, I'm Caleb/Cable (seewhatididthere?) i also study at the University of Auckland (yay!) doing law and science.
    Cable has been my go-to nickname in forums for years, and yesterday i tried to log on with your name, only to find that I wasn't registered yet :(

So I'm ̉scar/Oscar, both here and in real life. I'm a Spaniard currently studying translation and interpreting and will move to Munich to do my Erasmus next year woohoo. I'd love to end up in the localisation side of videogames. Also I promise my Spanish is much better than my English. I like games and stuff.

apologies for thiefing it, i hope you can develop a sufficiently acceptable alter ego for use on this forum :)