Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Hey folks, how are you? My name is Brian, long time reader of RPS and long time PC gamer. :) My biggest PC game passion is space games, especially combat flight simulations like Tie Fighter and Freespace 2. I play most other types of games too, mainly strategy games and RPGs. Currently I work as a freelance search engine optimization consultant when not gaming. :) It's a pleasure to meet y'all.

I’m Baron Crocodile. Recently built my first gaming PC after several years on the PS3, and I’m always up for multiplayer, especially anything co-op or team based. Steam ID is baroncrocodile.

Hello. Figure I'd come to a cool PC gaming site, since I read the dang articles on occasion and always hear about how cool everyone here is. I go by Grandpa Deiter mostly, but also Deiterbomber, Demitri Omni, and a few other odd names. Nice to meet all y'all.

Hi, my name's Alex. I've read RPS news for quite a while. Bit of a casual gamer and put off by games that are complex, but I'm looking to change that and get in with some of the RPS forum events.

Hey gang,

My name's Mike, I've been a big fan of RPS for a while now (I think I went Evil Avatar => InGameChat -> Idle Thumbs (RIP) -> RPS)

I'm 27 and grew up on a BBC Micro, a Mac Classic, a 33MHz Win 3.1 PC and onwards from there.

My all time faves include Elite, C&C 1, Warcraft 2 & 3(SP), FreeSpace (and Wing Commander 4 actually), SimCity 2000, Starcraft, HL, Midwinter!, Stryker's Run!, Deus Ex, Morrowind, San Andreas, The Sims 2 (I know) L4D1... Eh lots of things.

I was inspired to join because to date I only really like playing MP with my RL friends, but they increasingly have "lives" and having just read articles on PlanetSide 2 I am super keen to have a company to try it with. And the 1873 April fools comment threads made me think the RPS community are quite cool.

Wow I wrote a lot sorry I'm on the coach to Oxford with nothing else to do (except iNethack)

Cheers dudes

Having just read your articles on BloodBowl and Solium Infernum I could also potentially be persuaded to dip my toes into those maybe.

High fives to anyone who instantly recognises my portrait :3

Mike
    Last edited by Undermind_Mike; 09-07-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Er I wanted to mention my portrait?

Network Hub
    Hey

I'm from the UK. I've been reading RPS for a little while now, got into PC gaming recently with a mid-range machine and I, after being on consoles for gaming most of my life, now buy the majority of my games on PC and spend most of my gaming time on it. Especially TF2. That game, never played anything quite like it.

Hi, I'm Wooly Wugga Wugga. I'm a long time reader of RPS but have only just decided to join the community. I kind of miss the old days of gaming but I try not to be obnoxious about it.

Just signing in. I make adventure games based on classic books. I spend most days sitting in my basement with a candle, old computer and pile of old novels. Sometimes I surface to see if the outside world still exists, and that's when I visit RPS. :)

Hello, sterlingdax here, I like reading the news here, etc, etc

Obscure Node
    Hey all, its dpred. I've been reading RPS for a while now and finally joined the forums. I get all of my news off of this website and I've really enjoyed reading it for the past few years. Looking forward to posting here from time to time.

'Sup. I'm the only voice of reason and that's why I go by NegativeNancy on the main RPS site. Nice to make yer acquaintance my lovely peeps.

Now get out here STALKERS / I said come in!

Hello all,

My name is Damon (or Sentry, whichever user prefers) and I'm the manager of a used games shoppe and 16 PC LAN center in Denver, CO. I'm also fervently interested in a whole mess of things, spanning a whole mess of topics, and generally just make a mess.

I used to be a regular reader of Destructoid, but experienced a few internal and external sensibility shifts that saw my interest and engagement wane somewhat over time. I've been reading RPS on and off for about two or three years now, but only really locked in consistently about five months ago. Now - though I still care to keep up with certain industry or console newsings - it's pretty much the only gaming-related blog/newssources I care to read and in which I also care to invest personal interest.

In other words, I love these (and you) guys.

So, I figured, might as well make myself an account and keep an eye on discussions and whatnots. I'm really not very good at the social thing, so I'm not sure how visible I'll be, but if you find yourself suddenly (and nearly secretly) accosted with makeouts, chances are that it was me.

Cheers~
    -Damon

By the way, how the effin fricken frack do I change the image that appears when I post a comment?

I've logged into my Wordpress profile, I've set a Portrait on the forum, I've set an AVATAR on the forum, where have they hidden the article comments portrait control? ._.

Thanks!

Obscure Node
    Howdey all,

I'm Dougal from good ol' blighty. Been lurking round these parts and the old forum for a while. By day I design stuff for newspapers and magazines, by night I get moaned at by the missus for being anti-social, it's a hard life.

Been gaming for donkeys years. Recently been giving the indie publishers some love (and cash obviously). Terraria Magicka and Frozen Synapse have been tickling my fancy as of late.

Hello, lovely people! I've read RPS for AGES and both the articles and comments make me laugh so much that even though I'm not funny I wanted to be surrounded by more hilarity.

That and I need something else to do at work other than actually do some work.

Like most things in life, I suck at games but enjoy them too much to let that put me off.
    Who shot first? Probably not me - I'm rubbish.

Obscure Node
    Hello! I'm RedBarchetta, or Steven. Only recently started to read RPS with frequency, so decided to sign up and join in with the festivities.

hello everyone im John, live in Ireland and play alot of Red Orchestra and cant wait for 2. im also in The Wild Bunch Clan, so if your interested in playing red orchestra or any other game add me STEAM: TWB*BlueJohn

Hey, I'm Joe, I live in Copenhagen.. working at Unity Technologies and attempting to squeeze any free time I have into game development projects!

Obscure Node
    Hi,

I'm Michael and I'm here 'cos I've got a secret crush on Cardboard Children.

Activated Node
    Hey, my name is Maximilian, and except for my recent and very tasty defection to Ratchet and Clank, i've been a PC gamer since 1997 or so. Why? Mainly because IN SOVIET RUSSIA (and all it's successor states)the console gaming never really caught on, even with the NES being fairly popular once. Probably because few people imported anything officially, and PC games are easier to pirate. So there. *Russians Russians Russians!*

I also enjoy shoehorning gratuitous, jarring, and overall unneccesary references to a great variety of things in my documents and speech.
    Last edited by Kollega; 09-08-2011 at 05:30 AM.