Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Hi all, I'm Hawke. I've been reading RPS for a while now and decided it was time to get myself an account.

Network Hub
    Hello. I'm in the same boat as the above, cliche-ridden 'long time reader, first time contributor'..

Obscure Node
    Had an account. Seemed to have lost it. Can't remember the name.

So I'm batchclone #2 I guess.

Tastes in games far too esoteric meaning I know nobody who plays them sadly. (Turn based strategy etc...) And of course RPS stalwarts like AI War, Solium Infernum, all things Paradox etc...

Always up for some multiplayer with some good folks. PBEM, online... Chances are I own the game (unless it requires a ninjascopic PC).

If you're half as bored reading this as I am writing it, then I'm twice as bored as you.

Obscure Node
    good day to all.

i am new human (lol) here,hope to meet new friends to gather and share ideas.it was a wonderful chance to visit this kind of site . thank you so much for giving us a chance to have this opportunity!

Hello, I'm a new member now too after having my google reader permanently full of RPS witterings.

I work from home so spend too long playing Shogun 2, or TF2 when i should be working. I also like Neptune's pride which I am terrible at!

Add me on steam - Ethelred (the one with the medieval pic)

Hello. I comment a lot but only jumped into the forum before it got relaunched as this sexy new one. Only just got around to logging in. I'm a console kinda person first and foremost anything to do with graphics cards or framerate BORING. I blame it on a bad copy of Cannon Fodder I bought once. I loved that game but always played it round a mates house. Years later I saw it super cheap and practically ran home to play it. Hours of install/frustration/uninstall/install later and that was it for me and machines that don't load up games STRAIGHT AWAY. I bought you. What other products make you go through hurdles before you can use what you've just legally bought? (scuba gear, a new car. Lots of things really). I hear it is easier these days but the occassional new release gets the RPS crowd talking about specs and stuff. My mind switches off.

However, RPS is a fine website for some good old fashioned British* Games Journalism that is dead elsewhere now the the Triforce is now some Zoe Mode promotional tool and that UK:Resistance has gone. Most other gaming "news" websites are bad. Bad writing and bad journalism. This place be great though. It's my window into PC gaming that I'm too lazy to climb through(?)

What makes me sad: PCification of consoles, the way the games industry thinks retail works, version exclusives, lazy DLC, day one patches, in fact all games that require patches beyond fixing ridiculous exploits.

What makes me happy: Pretty much any game with dinosaurs in it, Timesplitters, most capcom things, Eggsonlegs, Japanese Pocket Monsters and Psygnosis.

*As a style rather than from Britain.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    What other products make you go through hurdles before you can use what you've just legally bought?
    http://www.amazon.com/SKLZ-SAQ-SPH01...7743120&sr=8-1

Also, "PCification of consoles" is a funny phrase that I never thought about, but I see what you mean and I think I'd be annoyed by it too if I owned a modern console. =)

Amazing dinosaur-related blog. Hello sir!

Obscure Node
    I'm Joseph. I own sword of the stars, and just now bloodbowl, but have nobody to play either game with.

And I read rps daily.

Perhaps, i thought to myself, I could compound all these issues and check out the forums?
    Last edited by Catguy; 07-10-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Obscure Node
    Another new member here. The first computer game I recall playing was Dungeon Master as a little lad. After that the golden box games, Populous, Eye Of The Beholder, World Of Xeen (still a favourite) and Civ 1. The first computer game I purchased was UFO: Enemy Unknown (as it said on my box) and on that way it went.

These days I'm getting back into gaming after having lost interest in the mid 00s. Catching up on missed games thanks to Steam sales and marvelling at the variety of modern indie games.

Found RPS via a Kotaku link and the site quickly became my go-to place for all things PC. And is now slowly daring my way into the wilderness of the forums.

Hello. I'm Chris (Toffer to everyone)

I've been reading RPS for about six months now. Big PC Gamer. (Started out with a Tandy 3000... jesus that was a while back) Do dabble in consoles on occasions.

I'm a writer / critic / another term for GamingLives.com and I'm also the Community Manager for KING Art Games :)

Hello!

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Been posting for a little while now, somehow avoided this intro thread (I guess because it's tucked away in here, and not where most of the discussions take place).

Anyway, the name is Corey, I got my nick from These Arms Are Snakes' final album. It's slightly less ridiculous than other names I've used over the years, and it's never already taken.

Big fan of RPGs and RTSs. In the 90s I was in love with Syndicate, Mechwarrior 2, Warcraft 2, Dark Reign, Fallout 1 & 2, and whilst I got distracted by shooters on console these last 5 or so years, I'm back on the PC and unsure why I ever left.

Quote Originally Posted by Cunzy1 1 View Post
    What makes me sad: PCification of consoles.
    Surely this is dry humour...? Because PC gamers are constantly moaning about the consolification of games?
    As a gamer on both consoles and PCs the only PCification I can see is the prevalence of patches these days - but even then that's more to do with ready access to the internet and not what platform you're on (I can remember a short time when one would have to get patches from magazine coverdiscs, expansion packs and other physical media, and even then it was a bonus, not a must-have just to play the game. Either people knew how to code, or they knew how to QA back then).

I think PC gamers have it far worse - we have to deal with all kinds of graphical hiccups leftover from the console versions (including but not limited to: nausea-inducing FOV, lack of graphical options in the menu, games not utilising the computer's full power because they've been designed with console hardware in mind, and needing to find and tweak config files to deal with the above), control issues such as mouse lag or a game just playing poorly until you plug in a controller, unnecessary delays between the console and PC release... I'm sure I could go on.

Anyway, it's an interesting viewpoint, and I'm definitely not trying to put you down and tell you you're wrong, I just think there's more to it than you realise (I also only changed from predominantly Xbox gamer to predominantly PC gamer in the past couple of months, and I was amazed at all the issues I had to deal with because so many games are console ports, so it's an issue that's fresh in my mind. Sure, I'd read about all of them on RPS before, but until it affected me directly I hadn't given it a second thought).
    Last edited by TailSwallower; 14-10-2011 at 07:04 AM. Reason: NEEDS MOAR ( )!
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Activated Node
    Hello everyone,
    Not such a long time reader, but damn new here :)

I'm a pc gaming enthusiast since the 90's... but in the last year or so my gaming
    is down to a minimum :( :( something i'm hoping to fix in a hurry.

Obscure Node
    Hi all,

Been reading for a few months now - time to get involved.

Currently playing on my laptop: Eve Online (2 months in, PvP)

Currently playing on a small white box that is not a PC: Dark Souls

So... hello.

Hi

The last game I played on pc was call of duty 2 (aside from a brief flirtation with medieval TW 2). However after starting to read some RPS articles I've decided to give it a go again, I'm even building a new pc which is all rather exciting. Then I'm going to play all the other total wars and maybe this BF3, I've heard of.

Other than that I like lots of things, most recently things that go wub in an obnoxious yet alluring manner.

So, yeah. Hi!

Activated Node
    Citruspunch here. Gaming developer since... fuck I'm old...
    Love RPS style and humor and joined so I could rant about From Dust. Glad i stayed!
    ================================================== ===
    Find me here: Steam / Origin / XboxLive : Citruspunch
    ================================================== ===

Obscure Node
    Hello there, I'm frewster (also know as amf66 in some parts) and have been reading RPS for the better part of a year now, and am just now starting to become involved in the forums. :)

Obscure Node
    Hello, I'm Bluester. Some of you might remember me from such games as Minecraft and ArmA II. Been meaning to sign up since this whole thing started.

Obscure Node
    hey,, i'm Raed from palestine :D

glad to be here

Obscure Node
    Long time reader, first time poster. I'm hoping to get online with BF3 RPS server tonight. Don't expect to fly anything though.

Greetings. Some of you may know me from other parts of the Interweb, or possibly even real life. I really enjoy RPS' articles, and will probably mainly use the forums to occupy time when I don't have enough articles to read, or when I'm waiting for one of the usual weekend columns to appear.

In terms of gaming, there are a lot of things I like - usually willing to give it a go depending on price and whether it will work on my computer. I mainly play indie and old games due to the sheer number of them and the price point. At the moment I'm mashing buttons in Binding of Isaac while looking anxiously over at Fate of the World and wishing it weren't so daunting in comparison. So, yeah, I bought the two bundles that were nearing their closing dates last weekend.

Happy gaming!