Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Hi!

Long time reader, occasional lurker, first time poster. I've been gaming since the days of the BBC Micro (Flowers of Crystal at school on Friday afternoons), progressing to the ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64, then eventually on to the PC. I enjoy Civilization and building/management sims, with the occasional RPG / puzzle game as a change of pace.

Network Hub
    Hi! I got pulled onto the forums from the recent community post - when I realized my favorite boardgame (Blood Bowl) could combine with my favorite website, I was in. As to how I ended up on RPS, I got bored one day from lack of having any good games, looked up some list of top 100 PC games ever, took a list of about 40 of those that looked interesting. One of them was Neptune's Pride, a few google searches later I ended up at the game diary from this site, which was epic. And now I've finally gone and posted something.

Obscure Node
    Hey there. I've been reading and lurking for a while and some latest new made me wish i had a account, not it's done. :3

i've been playing computer games mostly since 1994 ( Prince of Persia and Aladin on MS-DOS, was a pain in the ass just to launch it ), got really sucked in when i discovered Fallout 1 and ever since it's the platform i enjoy, mostly for FPS and RTS. And i do miss good old RPG, it gets boring to only see action-RPG.

So see you guys around.

Edit: oh and i'm not a native speaker so if from time to time there is some misspelling or else don't kill me on the spot.

Hi - I recently found this site and haven't worked much since. I'm from Dallas, Texas - so I speak slow and have a cowboy hat.

Hello, RPS. Nice to meet all of you.

Activated Node
    I am Mister Vec. I am not the only one that you will find out and about in the great wide world, but I am certainly the most self-absorbed. I enjoy hitting bits of metal with other metal, doing things related to computers and playing games on said computers, pontificating, and pretending I know things other people would find interesting. What I do for a living is horribly uninteresting and I've never done anything of note.
    While I am as ignorant and irrational as the next man, I am also arrogant enough to assume I possess these qualities in greater abundance than is strictly normal and foolish enough to think that that's worth bragging about.

Oh hi RPS. I didn't know I had an account here until I got the email about the hacking that happened.

Hello RPS. I just realized that I apparently didn't have an account here. I thought I posted here in the past however, maybe I was imagining things?

I'm living in the Netherlands (albeit not being Dutch) and play PC games since my first PC in ancient times (a 386 with incredible 25MHz!) and play quite a variety of games but never got all that much into multiplayer.

Hi, all!

The short version: I'm a young American, I'm a platform-agnostic gamer, and I write things. They are rarely things people pay me for. That is not, alas, by design.

I like: things that are good. I swear I'm not being a smartass - I just never know how to answer that question, because I like so much stuff. In terms of things that are relevant to RPS, though, well, I tend to like games where you do more than just shoot things, games that are funny, games with good writing, games that don't take themselves too seriously, games where you have lots of options, games where women aren't treated like dirt, and all the other things the RPS Hivemind tends to enjoy. Oh, and I'm an Obsidian fan, though I don't have the hideous chip on my shoulder about it that some do. I even love Alpha Protocol, despite the fact that it is kind of terrible!

Outside of RPS-relevant stuff, I'd say I generally like the stuff a lot of nerds like. You know, comics, good anime, SF & fantasy, horror, etc. And I dig classic literature, philosophy, art films, all the pretentious college crap. I think that more or less covers everything.

I hate: stupidity, elitism (of PC gamers in particular - present company excepted, I hope), whining, bad writing, bullshit, tedium, fan culture, most fans of pretty much anything I enjoy, nerdy memes that wear out their welcome the moment they come into existence ("arrow to the knee", "the cake is a lie", etc.), olives.

So, uh, howdy!
    Visit my blog on Tumblr!

...I mean, you know, if you're into that.

Long time website lurker, still managed to miss the fact there was a forum. derp

I'm a Londoner still on my training wheels (Only been here about 7 month now) and spend a lot of my time playing games as you'd expect. I play a wide variety and spend far too much on my steam account that never gets played. I'm stuck with an internet thats presently as reliable as the russian space program in terms of speed but still manage to get some regular TF2 played among some other multiplayer games. I'm currently studying Computer Science at London Met and hope to apply what I learn to creating my own games in the nearish future. Failing that, at least I can have some sort of career at the end of it

Interests
    I've only recently started trying to get into board games but have become faced with the fact that the people I know don't want to play said games so I'm left a little stumped. I also read quite a bit with commuting about on the tube

Dislikes
    Full stops at the end of a sentence that itself is the end of a paragraph. This strikes me as unnecessary and is even more annoying on signs. Also steam friend requests that are only for trades for my hat. Muchos annoying

Hey all. I opened a Hello World thread in the wrong forum, but that's what n00bs are for, I guess.

I'm an exile from Wargamer.com. A long time writer and editor about games.

I prefer PC games, but have a couple of consoles that get sporadic use.

I have played old school RPGs, and have a growing collection of miniatures.

Genres for PC games runs the gamut, excepting sports titles which I generally don't care for. Currently playing Skyrim, though at Level 40 I'm starting to realize I've hit most of the game. I'm hoping for some DLC to keep the binge going, but am not optimistic it'll come through any time soon.

Hi folks. PC gamer mostly turn based wargames and rpgs. And anything that allows me to shoot zombies!

w00t! Heya Bison.

Hello everyone, I'm usually called Steelie on the Wargamer.com where I am a mod. I've been a gamer since running home from the store at age 12 with an Avalon Hill wargame tucked under my arm that I bought with my birthday money. And yes, that was many, many birthdays ago! Anyway, long-time lurker here, first time poster. Thanks for letting some of us sneak aboard.
    "Always keep your pants and your guns where you can find them in the dark".......Robert Heinlein

Yeah, introduced myself in the wrong thread. Long time RPS reader, PC gamer (some Wii) and Board gamer.

BTW, we have a board game forum here?

Another exile from the great Wargamer diaspora. I'm just here because Gusington said there'd be snacks.

I am also an exile. I thought here would be a good place to reunite with everyone.

I worked over at Wargamer for 10 years as editor, writer, mod, and admin. Now I'm addicted to Skyrim, hoping to break that addiction with Shogun 2. Is there a dedicated Skyrim thread here? I have so many questions, like 'how do I stop playing?'

Glad to be here! Oh and I ate all the snacks. Mostly fish. But tasty.
    I like turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Disapproval Robot View Post
    Another exile from the great Wargamer diaspora. I'm just here because Gusington said there'd be snacks.
    Yay. Don't worry about Gus eating the snacks. I hear SoM has some specially made for the Cthulhu meeting that got canceled tonight.

Unless...*we're* the snacks for the meeting.

<gulp>

Hi...I'm here because Gus is holding my turtle hostage. He told me to meet him here and not to involve the police.
    Wit ye further, or how? -Voluspa

Wargamers sure do stick together. Hello everyone.