Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    I'm Alexander and I thought it is time to introduce myself in this thread.

I'm 23 year old Belgian/American living in Ireland. Currently in my last year in college as a Programmer/Physics aka Computer Games Development.

I tend to lurk on the forums and read just about every article on RPS.
    Can be found on Steam, Evolve and Eve Online.

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Obscure Node
    Hey up, I'm Dan, based out of London Town. Used to be involved a lot with the good old days of the PC Gamer Forum and associated CounterStrike clan. Now mostly just a lurker, reader and chuckler...

Hello Good folks of RPS,

My internet name is Drayk. I live in the center of Europe with my gf and my toddler twins.

I am a gamer. There, I said it.

I mostly play RPGs, Adventure, Action games (with a twist) + some classic or experimental games.
    I love my PC but I am a bit unfaithful and also play on Xbox, Wii, Vita and Ipod.

Voilà.

Obscure Node
    Good day everyone. Long time reader of RPS, and finally decided to join the forums as well. I'm either known by jimbonbon or James depending on whether I know you in my virtual or real life (in that order). Jim to those who can't remember which is which :)

If you wanted to put me in handy boxes then I am a system builder, overclocker, PC gamer and graphics enthusiast.

Activated Node
    Hi, I'm BDH. I've been hovering around RPS and the RPS forums for a while now.

Of late I've been more interested in developing games in XNA then playing them. What I may even end up doing is a little diary type post on RPS in the vein of an AAR about my experiences or whatever if there is any demand for it.

Hi. I'm a gamer and my fiancé hates it. I'm also growing older. Each day, in fact. My nickname is self-imposed penance for being lazy.

I wanted to join a gaming forum where people running it are older than me, which you are. So that's great.

Hi, I'm Korvus and I like PC gaming. However for the most part I've played single player or multiplayer with friends, but they don't have quite as many games...So figure I'll try here having lurked around for a while. Will probably try Blood Bowl, which I used to play tabletop against folks but haven't tried the PC version against people...

I'm also a final year student in the frozen wastelands of Scotland... So probably should be working my dissertation now...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums new dudes, enjoy your stay and stick around!
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Hello! Great to be here!

I've been a gamer most of his life but it wasn’t until the SNES era that I realized the potential of video games as an artistic medium with games like Final Fantasy III, Chrono Trigger, and Earthbound. I was a former writer, but now work full time at Experimental Gamer (www.experimentalgamer.com) where I handleprogramming, art, design, and writing. When I'm not creating games I like surfing Wikipedia, reading film and game reviews, and playing Ultimate Werewolf. My superpower is an enhanced sense of timing.

I'm currently working on Boot Hill Heroes (www.experimentalgamer.com/boot-hill-heroes) - a spaghetti western style retro RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Hi, hello, good evening, day or whatever.
    I'm a a youngling gamer (duh!) who's searching for a forum out of nostalgia and this seemed to me to be quite interesting place to visit. I'll be honest, english is not my native language and it's a bit rusty in my opinion though I never was perfectionist, so I apologize for typos and stuff. Furthermore I won't lie, that I bought games at all, about 90% of games I played till recently were pirated, but watching Totalbiscuit and listening to his arguments I decided to straighten up and be a responsible consumer (of course the fact, that I got a job around a same time, that I started listening to TB is also relavant).
    My name is Paul and this is my story.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Howdy, I'm a long time lurker (which doesn't really make sense as I have posted a few threads and replies), just getting into actual social gaming for the first time ever thanks to a clan (sorry, 'platoon') who invited me to join up on BF3. I'm here for Arma II, mainly, as I don't really play anything else online and frankly if you're playing Arma II offline, you're doing it wrong. Hope to see some of you in the field. That would've sounded douchey if it were any game other than Arma... Ok maybe it was a little douchey.

Off to a great start making friends.

Obscure Node
    I am Operatives. I'm interested in FPS and MMO games currently. I'm involved with Star Trek Online presently, until Planetside 2 comes online. I'm also looking at Perpetuum, as the player-driven game is very enticing (and I don't want to dive into Eve).

I'm a web developer. I develop the web. You might have heard of it?

Hey I'm Callum,
    I go by the names of Wheelz or Doldge on most games. I've been reading RockPaperShotgun for a while now and thought its probably about time I got in amongst it. I'm currently just finishing my second year of a Bachelors Degree in ICT, with a major in programming.

finally got sick of doing most of my gaming in singleplayer, so thought I would try and become a member of an active gaming group. However, I'm currently living in New Zealand so I'm fairly limited in who I can successfully game with, although I have noticed the odd kiwi and ozzy lurking the forums.

In terms of games, I'll pretty much play anything as long its on the PC, and not too demanding on the hardware.

I also forgot to mention that I'm a Master Debater.
    Can be found on Steam, Evolve and Eve Online.

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Hello I'm The Doge but I can also be seen using my old gaming user name duedmen. I'm a recent reader of RPS starting in about January after I found the articles more enjoyable then the escapist. I'm largely a fan of grand strategy games like Vicky, EU, HoI, and CK , as well as RPG's in its many forms from Baulders gate to Fallout New Vegas. I also like shooters mostly the likes of red orchestra, day of defeat, and CSS. and finally RTS games they don't involve base building like men of war, ground control, and world in conflict. I guess I should say I'm sort of an all around gamer as they're aren't many games I don't like. I'm currently playing Lone Survivor,EU3 death and taxes as Wallachia, Super Monday Night Combat, Towns, L4D2, and TF 2. Also I'm Canadian not American there is a difference as we get caffeinated on both tea and coffee and secretly worship cults dedicated to our great overlords the spirit bears. GLORY TO THE GREAT WHITE BEAST OF THE NORTHERN SNOW!

hi. I like cows. If you spoke portuguese that would be obvious. I love RPS and read it religiously, even though it's not perfect. I came here looking for people to play CKII with, let's see if I find some.

Activated Node
    I discovered RPS through TB's channel, and have been lurking on this forum and checking the frontpage pretty much daily at work since last year. Decided to sign up for the forum today so I could participate in the Guild Wars 2 beta guild.

I'm also a roleplayer since about 2008 and have held a whole bunch of administrative and leadership positions in various roleplay projects and communities spread across Garry's Mod and WoW, but I'm pretty much done with it nowadays due to the gargantuan amounts of drama it carries with it.

Obscure Node
    Hello there! I go by Nechronox in most gaming circles, but I occasionally respond to my real name, Murray. I've been a long time reader of the site, and figured I'd sign up for the forums for funsies. Or something like that. I can mostly be found playing RPGs of all sorts, though any game with RPG elements or co-op can tempt this lost soul.

I'm currently playing Dark Souls and Iron Brigade on the fun boxes, but don't hold that against me! I was until recently deep in the clutches of Dungeon Defenders and Skyrim on Steam. My most-hyped-for forthcoming games would be Darksiders 2, Torchlight 2, and Borderlands 2. Whoa, a trio of 2s!

Speaking of Torchlight 2, having just pre-ordered the four pack on Steam, I find myself with three extra copies of the original Torchlight as gifts. Would anyone like one for free? The original might not be as fancy as the upcoming sequel, but it's still an excellent example of a single player Diablo-esque game. PM me your Steam handle if you're interested in checking it out.

ETA: the three copies are now spoken for, thanks fellas!
    Last edited by Nechronox; 29-04-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Hi. I've read RPS for a long time now, so I figured it was time to sign up when I saw the "play Tribes Ascend with RPS readers" article. In general, I like shooters and RPG games. My real name is also Boris and in RL I'm a computer science student.

hello, i am awsomcool1 i love this server but, i cant get whitelisted and i cant find whitelist thread on website. plz help!
    IGN: awsomcool1
    dont tell me i spelled awesome wrong, i did it in purpose.