Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Yeh-teh, kikomba, sasquatch, skunk ape, yowie, abominable snowman... I have many names. Darragh is the one my family have been using for 36 years.

I've been gaming since my early teens, only discovered PC gaming less than a decade ago, and RPS two years ago. Much like my hirsute namesakes, I've shunned the spotlight, preferring single-player gaming to online multi-player (mainly because I suck, but also because it's so hard to find communities where I feel like I could fit in). So I'm here in the hope RPS can bring me out of my gaming shell.

Obscure Node
    Ohai RPS community,

I'm W0nk0, and if you want to know what my life revolves around, it's kinda easy to stalk me on the interwebz. I have been reading almost everything RPS publishes for months now, and it seems like people here are as old, useless and prone to wasting plenty of otherwise unused brain cells on games as I am, and I think that's awesome. So after discovering there's an active forum community on RPS, doh!, I joined today!

I live in central Europe, (but on a U.S. schedule), I play several hours a day, and when doing that I like stuff that it takes a while to wrap your head around. During last year, I've been playing about 2000 hours of World of Tanks. That addiction is slowly fading and I don't know what will replace it yet. My previous addiction was Company of Heroes, and I wish my next one could be Wargame European Escalation, but it seems like the latter is already being abandoned by the players.

I hope I can find other lunatics here and pick up new ways to waste my life!

Obscure Node
    Hi all, I'm DuncanFx.

I'm an Assistant Producer at an educational multimedia company during the day and an occasional board game and AGS game creator in my spare time. I'm mostly a reader/lurker here on RPS and the forums, but having now settled after relocating for work and gotten myself back on a semi-decent PC, I'm looking to get back into some multiplayer gaming - anything and everything, but Arma 2 and Minecraft are my current faves. Hope to see some of you in game soon.

'ello, name's Velko. Statistician, trumpetist, sentient spirograph. Between work, (more-or-less drunken) trumpeteering, and the missus, I have sadly little time for games nowadays. And when I do, it better be something which I can pause and save... Though yesterday I did manage to spend six hours on M&B Napoleon! But I digress. Interested in playing Arma2 with nice RPS folks some day. Though I think my GMT+2 timezone means that for a proper game I need to have Wednesday off...

Obscure Node
    Hello i'm Neil quite surpirsed i got that username. Anyway i was born and raised on Counter Strike 1.6 and love zombie games. Currently playing through Dead Space 2 and just got The Walking Dead game which is awesome. My Steam name is [+Distorted Goat+]. Also i'm Scottish AYE!

My name's Dave and I'm a software engineer in the Atlanta, Georgia (USA) area. I've been playing paper and pencil RPGs for about 30 years though not in the last couple of years and play some computer RPGs including the later variations like Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim. In the past I played the early Wizardry and Might and Magic games and TOEE and I'm going to play that last one again now that I have bootcamp running on my Mac. We had a D&D 3/3.5/4 group for quite a while but it broke up after a layoff a couple of years ago so these days I still play the occasional boardgame, but most of my gaming has been on the PS3 (not online). I'm interested in maybe playing coop RPGs or learning how they work to maybe reunite my old group though that might be a long shot.

Hi im Kannaaashi, seems like Kannashi is already taken so I'm stucked with this one.nice to meet you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kannaaashi View Post
    Hi im Kannaaashi, seems like Kannashi is already taken so I'm stucked with this one.nice to meet you!
    ^
    LOL :)))

KaiotakiBun here..from asia.

Unangbangkay here, in from the Philippines, a city whose main gaming claims to fame are availability as a "mission" region in the original Syndicate and now a nod from the next Medal of Honor game. I occasionally write for Destructoid.com, but mainly for its J-culture sister site, Japanator. Visit us and you can read about fun Japanese things without being spit on by elitist PC nerds!
    Last edited by unangbangkay; 11-05-2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: spellign

Might as well introduce myself! Argentinian here, wishing I was somewhere else with pretty internet connections and a higher concentration of gamers who enjoy tactical shooters and realistic strategy games in a <10000km radius. I sometimes write for a local gaming magazine ( [IRROMPIBLES] ) about... well, tactical shooters and realistic strategy games! or the odd article about an pseudo obscure indie game.
    Hopefully i'll get to shoot (tactically) some of you in my stay here, see you on the field!

Obscure Node
    Hey forum users! I registered mainly because I eventually want to join up with the DayZ crew. But I also generally love the coverage on this site. One of my favorite gaming sites currently, great work by Rossignol and crew.

Obscure Node
    Hi Forum! My name is Felix, I'm from Germany and have stumbled upon RPS about two years ago. I fell in love with the articles and the general atmosphere pretty much straight away. I've also been impressed by the quality of the comment "threads" alone, and I'm looking forward to reading more well-thought impressions & comments on the abysmal state of gaming today :p

Like most RPSers, I'm old & have been playing games for a long time. My favourites are probably: Pirates! on C64, Civ I (in CGA!), Railroad Tycoon, the original Starsiege: Tribes which I've played competetively on the US ladder around 1999-2000, Tribes2 (again played comp, this time on the Euro Ladder, which I coded the "PredictIt" stuff for). Currently, I'm liking Tribes: Ascend, I'm waiting for The Secret War and I spend way too much on those damnable Steam sales. Being "grown-up" has advantages (being able to afford the games you want) and disadvantages (not having enough time to play the stuff I keep buying)...

Anyhow, I'll just keep on rambling and vanish into the background to the other grumpy old men :p

-sprot

Obscure Node
    Hey guys! I'm Michael from The Netherlands.

Been reading RPS for quite some time now, the Day-Z threads got me to finally register to the forums.
    I'm 30 years old, so my gaming career pretty much started with the C64 and went on from there. I play a ton of different genres, though I think RPG is the genre that keeps me coming back for more.

Well, see you guys around!
    -DutchDrunk

Hello all. I'm BTAxis, and like DutchDrunk up there I'm from the Netherlands, only I live in Sweden now. I got lost, okay? Anyway. 30 years old, interested in strategy games mostly, though I can enjoy the occasional RPG and city builder as well.

Not like anyone reads this, but see you around.

Obscure Node
    Hiya. 44 years old (gulp) and from London. Been gaming since I had to type the machine code into my ZX80 from Your Computer magazine.
    Favourite ever game : Wasteland.
    Favourite game this generation : Portal 2

FINE, I'll register already. Bunch of pushy...

Hello! Porkolt is the name of some type of Hungarian meat stew that I've never eaten.

I registered because mr. Rossignol told me to. Sadly, I don't play a lot of multiplayer games. Nevertheless, I'm willing to find a few more to try out at your recommendation. Cheers.

Obscure Node
    Hello,

I'm Gibrel, from Brazil. Looking for people to play with.

See you arround!

Greetings! I'm Salix, named after a tree since all the good names were gone. Been lurking around here for a while and decided its about time I actually did the introduction thing.

Hey all,

DJSoulglo here. 33 from Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Currently playing CoH, Diablo 3 and Portal 2. I've been reading this site for years, but only now did I realise my steam friends list is still oddly empty :)

Obscure Node
    Hey, I'm Scuzzball.
    Been a part of the GitP community, but the steam gaming bits have been dying out lately, so I'm coming here to make friends and play games.