Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Hello, Brainboat is not my real name. I like to play computer games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Prolar Bear's Avatar
    Hullo people. I am Prolar Bear. That is, a professional polar bear. I might eat you all if I get hungry.

Obscure Node

Hi there!

Boo8er here! I love to play video games and PC games. Currently I am expanding into Tabletop RPG games as well.

Hej all!
    Long time lurker here, name's Jens or otherwise Captainwinters, trying to balance blogging, pursuing a career in journalism, basketball and the occasional gaming. Enjoy most genres, especially story driven rpg's/indies and the odd fps!

Obscure Node
    Greetings!

Part time lurker - visit the site every few days, never the forums though. A mediocre gamer - I love it, but get handed my hat in most games when I try online. Play my old favorites the few spare hours a week I have - Age of Kings on Steam, Empire Earth II a few times a year, C&C Generals from Origin (blarg, origin... oh well, at least it's available digitally finally), Portal 1+2, Rainbow 6 3, and Ghost Recon 1. (Come on Rise of Nations to Steam!) I likes my oldies - can't keep up with the twitch gaming or pay to win games of the kids these days.

Just recently stumbled on the Neptunes Pride Saga, which got me to register - and wish I had enough computer savvy friends to get a game started.

Edit: Welp, just said heck with it and bought a membership to the Neptune's Pride 2 thing. Reminds me of Civony/Evony which I liked except for the pay to win thing, sooo, figured I can talk my buddy into playing. Up to host a complete newb game if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Moose; 18-06-2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Typo, and notice about newbie game...

Obscure Node
    hi, Im stu, Fairly new to the world of PC gaming, Mainly playing BF3, Rift and trying to make my way through a mountain of games on Steam.

Name: moms (I’m pretty sure that’s not the name my parents gave me, but it’s the one I’ve been answering to for, what seems like, most of my life.)

Location: USA, USA, USA. (Shouted loudly, while fist pumping the air.)

Games I Play: FPS, Racing (ok, crashing), and almost anything else my kids will play with me.

About Me: At the moment I am suffering from PS2 envy, as the entire family is playing it on their snazzy gaming computers, but I have an old nongaming Dell, which just can't handle the "awesomeness" that is Planeside 2, evidently.
    But that is about to change.

Why I’m Here: I kinda just like this place.

Quote Originally Posted by moms View Post
    About Me: At the moment I am suffering from PS2 envy, as the entire family is playing it on their snazzy gaming computers, but I have an old nongaming Dell, which just can't handle the "awesomeness" that is Planeside 2, evidently.
    I understand that, the PS2 RPSers are a bunch of fun. If you change your mind, just drop us a line in the PS2 subforum ;D
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    I understand that, the PS2 RPSers are a bunch of fun. If you change your mind, just drop us a line in the PS2 subforum ;D
    It's not my mind that needs changing, it's my computer, but once that's done... :D
    Of course, I've never really played an MMO.. I think that's the correct term. (Is there a gaming glossary around here, by any chance?) I also live on the west coast of the United States so my ping would probably limit any combat effectiveness I may have.. though probably don't.. my record with lasers is in the negative. *sigh*

And yet, I just can't shake this feeling that I was born for Silly Mondays. ;)

actually, US people have had no problems whatsoever playing on Miller, which is where we usually play. and it is an not quite an MMO. its a free to play shooter more, which just means that its a shooter foremost and it has a progression of equipment similar to other multiplayer shooters nowadays.

only that you play with hundreds of players all the time :D

I suggest trying it out for the call to arms thats coming on the 21st, if perchance you get to upgrade your pc by then.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Seriously doubt I'll have my kit together by the 21st, but I will take a rain check on that invite, if'n ya don't mind.
    Thanks!

Hello. I'm new here. I enjoy indie PC games. I'm twenty-nine, married, and have a kid on the way.

HELLO HI I have a funny username and sometimes I play games that my laptop can barely chug along with. I swear I'm good at some games, HONEST. Mostly I play SSF4AE2012 (a fantastic name with a fantastic acronym) because if you shove the absolute lowest settings into that, it runs at a nice 60FPS. Still kind of awful at it, though.

Hello all,

I'm Kevin from Belgium. Been lurking for a long time on RPS, but now I'm finally also on the forums. Been playing games for about 16 years now and you could say that my life revolves around gaming. I work in a game store in Belgium, I occassionaly write reviews for a Belgian gamesite and since a few months I also have a youtube channel.

For a long time i've been a fan of any type of game. But lately I play allot more indie games. On my Youtube Channel I feature a different indie game every day for pc and now also Ouya and I keep things informative and entertaining. I always wanted to create games, but since that didn't work out I try to help out the small developers now to get their games out there. And just to give an example, I've now also put up my own website to make things a little bit more interesting.

Other then games, I also enjoy anime/manga, cosplay and movies. Wich in total makes me a total geek :p

My name is Dean. I also respond to pailhoarse, butterflymcdoom, and "suspected social misfit without any clear direction in life." You can find me in Los Angeles, working in an office, working on a relationship and generally puttering about the video game universe.

Cheers.

Hello folks, I'm Luke. Terribly English. Here most likely to partake of Natural Selection 2 and Payday 2 because 2 is a number that seems to be appending games of interest lately. Or something.

Hi,
    My name is Kristof.
    Favorite games are the stalker games, diablo 3 and timesplitters 2.
    I also enjoy movies, especially horror movies.
    I am looking forward talking to you all.

Obscure Node
    Hello, fairly new to RPS but its by far the best gaming community I have had the pleasure of associating with. I'm in the Mid West of the states so timezones are a pain for your Call to Arms (ping isn't so bad). Really hoping to find some good multiplayer games of EU4 and any strategy game really.

Activated Node
    Hello everyone,
    I'm Robert from Germany. I've been lurking on RPS for a while now. Lately I have a lot of time on my hands and many games to play, so I'm looking for a nice community to join and play those games with. And the people here seem like a lot of fun.
    Looking forward to meet you all!

Obscure Node
    Wow, shock raper popgun has very active forums. Seems like there are so many blogs and forums (Forai?) that the users get diluted to the point were most posts don't get many replies. I joined so I could get advice on buying components to build a gaming PC i preparation for RTW2 as it's ten years since I last built a PC and also had a hefty system. It was interesting watching it gradually going from a machine that could max out Far Cry to not even running many games then finally dying after about seven years. Anyway I've been limping along with lame systems since then and now it's time to upgrade.
    I can't create a post though as I guess I have to be active for a while first.

On the subject of RTW2. Are there any London based meetups for LAN wars?