Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
    Hello there, dear people.

Name's Hali Poisson (just call me Hali), I'm a 19 year old gamer from Finland who is desperately looking for a MMORPG (or another game with a human-interraction) to replace WoW, but so far failing at it.

I have either too little or too much time to play, but be sure to tell me if there happens to be a game I have overlooked in my searches ;3

Hali out!

Greetings one and all! TWChristine here, although simply Christine is easier I imagine. I've been a gamer since our family bought an old Apple IIe complete with neon green monochrome screen. I don't know what else to say..I came here to ask a single question but have to respond 10 times (curses!) before hand. I'm not even that active on the main site really (present Sunday Papers excluded) but ah well! :)

Im sure we can speed it up, Ill go hassle jams. Welcome everyone!
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Obscure Node
    Hi everyone,

My name's jimmi and I'm usually too scared to post things in forums.

Hello, hello, hello. I'm Jonathan. I'm notionally some sort of video games professional. I also bake.

Hello there, I'm a spaniard, law student, writer wannabe and translator by luck. Been lurking for a while in the forums and I did thought I had an account already! It must've been for the comments only...

Obscure Node
    Hi, I'm Dode. A few people here know me from Blood Bowl, a game in which I am pretty active. Lurked for a bit but thought I'd say hi.

So, hi.

Hello all, I'm Lanzer. I'm hoping to get involved in RPS as a volunteer writer for Planetside 2 and DOTA 2. I've written a lot of unpublished articles for these games, but haven't found a home for them yet.

Glad to meet you all, I sincerely hope I can contribute something soon!

Obscure Node
    Hello all, I'm blob. Been lurking for a long time and finally decided to create an account. Looking forward to many good discussions.

Hi there! I'm a long time reader of the site and avid PC gamer. 30 year old gamer from California. Been gaming my whole life, mostly PC but I've had my share of consoles.

My current project is this gaming blog: http://www.geekcynic.com/

Let me know what ya'll think. It's not PC exclusive, but it does feature a ton of PC content. This FF14 travelogue is our newest segment. http://www.geekcynic.com/alco-touris...-travelogue-2/

Happy to be part of the community!

Hallo there. I'm Full Metal Monkey, i'm 25 years young and living in sunny ole South West London. I've been a reader of RPS for quite a few years now.

I'm a member of the long running [VS-UK] gaming clan, been a member for the last 12 years ever since Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and Battlefield 1942 days. We've become more of a community than a clan now but things are still going good. http://vs-uk.co.uk is our website/forum if anyone is interested in taking a peek and our Teamspeak is unpassworded and run on our own dedi server along with a couple of game servers.

I thought i'd already had a RPS Forum account but it must have been PC Gamer i signed up on the forums with. In anycase i thought id pop on and say hello. Joined the Rock Paper Shotgun clan for Diablo 3 in the last week. The big 2.0 update has really improved the game in my eyes and this is coming from someone who was a hardcore Diablo 2 player. I was one of the first, if not the first people to get the Trang-Oul armor set for the Necromancer. The set was added in either 1.09 or 1.10, can't quite remember now but it was VERY rare.

I have a small YouTube channel which i upload to every now and then. My most recent video i uploaded today which is a very poorly focused Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls CE unboxing. If anyone is interested the link is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ysl...ature=youtu.be

Anyway, take care all!

Activated Node
    Hi Everyone, name is Zdenko, born in 84. got 3 priorities in life (in this order):
    1. family (2 kids, 5-year old (its his birthday today!) and 1 year old sons)
    2. PC gaming
    3. make living (job for one of those mega-global-multicultural companies)

And as for the 2nd one, I'm here daily monitoring RPS and reading the comments under every article. I find it refreshing that people share inteligent opinions on www, usually it's just hatred and stupidity - not so on RPS.

Obscure Node
    Hi, I'm Alesch. I've been reading RPS for a few years now, but I never bothered signing up for the forums until now. I broke my ankle about a week ago, and now I cannot find a comfortable way to sit at my desk. It really limits the amount of time I can spend playing computer games, so I was hoping to find some people to play a game of Dominions or something. Something turn-based, that I only have to put in a little bit of time every day to play, because my painkillers leave me napping.

So yeah, up to four months of doctor-mandated time off, cheap Canadian drugs, unlimited nap-time, and (hopefully) soon a game of Dominions 4? I am living the life. You may all feel jealous if you'd like.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by halipoke View Post
    Hello there, dear people.

Name's Hali Poisson (just call me Hali), I'm a 19 year old gamer from Finland who is desperately looking for a MMORPG (or another game with a human-interraction) to replace WoW, but so far failing at it.

I have either too little or too much time to play, but be sure to tell me if there happens to be a game I have overlooked in my searches ;3

Hali out!
    Interesting name for a finn, nice to see more of us (we're a rare breed here).

For MMORPG, i had a bit fun with friends in Rift a while ago so you might like that, or guild wars 2 seems to have RPS people playing (i mostly browse the forums with "New posts" button and their threads pop up all the time).

There's a game club for dozens of games though, and i'm yet to find one which i'd regret playing with so just look up on them. People are quite inclusive here.

Hi, I just started on here. I am an avid gamer with interest in many different types of games. Lately my favorite games are usually MMORTS or MOBA games. I joined RPS because it seems like a good community that has a fair few suggestions on games.

Hi guys, been a big lurker for a long time and wanted to share a project I'm involved in,

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...16-bit-classic

its a sci-fi singleplayer and co-op game with platforming and roleplaying elements. You gain skills and upgrades to solve alien mysteries and make game changing decisions that affect your ending. Your gameplay alternates as you progress throughout the game, we have platforming, classic rpg gameplay, top-down shooting, and multiple vehicle sections connected to a time-timetravelling adventure narrative.

We currently support all PC platforms, and aim to simultaneously release on Vita/PS4 and Xbox One.

Thank you for your time.

I only just noticed this thread. I'm mostly Jamozk Ekhiss (from an obscure browser-based strategy game that's almost dead), though I'm Mandalore in the Knights of the Old Republic community, Delam Farano in The Elder Scrolls and Dark Souls, and J. D. Stryker in Star Trek Online.

I'm currently playing Dark Souls 2 and Civ V in equal measure, though I do also play PlanetSide 2 (NC on Cobalt), Star Trek Online (Vice Admiral in Starfleet), Lord of the Rings Online (level 42 Man Champion), I've been meaning to play Dungeons & Dragons Online again, and I've done the tutorials in DotA 2 and have played against bots a few times, but never real people. And I play Team Fortress 2 when I'm short for time.

Other games I sometimes play:
    1. Assassin's Creed - currently waiting for a good sale on Black Flag, as I've played all the others (Brotherhood is best).
    2. Batman: Arkham [insert location here] - I've only just started Origins and haven't got round to really playing it, but I've played the other two.
    3. XCOM: EU - Colonel Patrick Thomas is responsible for the continued survival of humanity.
    4. Mass Effect - I started just before Dark Souls 2 came out, which was probably a bad idea, but I've just finished Noveria and it's great.
    5. Crysis - you know what's annoying? Finding out that CryEngine means fences aren't suitable protection. The hard way. You know what else is annoying? HELICOPTERS.
    6. Half-Life - sometimes. I got all of them on Steam Sale, but I have yet to finish the first. I mean, it's a good game, but I've never felt it feally draw me in.
    7. Deus Ex - yeah.
    8. The Elder Scrolls III-V - Morrowind is the best, despite its dated engine and graphics. Oblivion had problems but was still good, Skyrim is a good game but it doesn't have the good storylines of Morrowind.
    9. Fallout - I've got all of them (Steam Sale), but I only really play New Vegas.
    10. Star Wars Battlefront 2 - because mods make everything better.
    11. Star Wars Jedi Knight - haven't played for a while, but I've been meaning to get back to Jedi Outcast.
    12. Portal - beca| |use it's awesome.
    13. Deadpool - because DEADPOOL.
    14. Minecraft - Minecraft.

My backlog:
    1. Spec Ops: The Line - got it free buying stuff off Gamefly, and I heard good things about the story.
    2. Bioshock Infinite - because people say it's great, and Steam Sale.
    3. Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion - because people say it's good, and Steam Sale.
    4. Heroes of Steel - because the Trese Brothers are good devs, and it's their first PC release.
    5. Left 4 Dead 2 - because it was free last Christmas.

I thought my backlog was worse than that...Anyway, I hope that's enough of an introduction.
    Last edited by Jamozk Ekhiss; 12-05-2014 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Forgot Minecraft

Obscure Node
    Hi all,

Long time reader and lurker, 21 years old, I enjoy playing RPG's, and strategy/sims, I'm also getting more into roguelite games recently. Dota 2 too.

UK pc gamer, nice to meet you all.

Hi all,

I've been reading RPS for a long time now and I've occasionally done some forum lurking as well. Thought I'd finally join in.

I'm 33, I'm a tabletop as well as computer gamer and I'm interested in most games except for sports simulators. My vote for the best game ever, ever, really, honestly, ever, would have to be split between Portal and Planescape: Torment. I mostly play various single player RPGs, but that's just because I apparently like having stories told to me. I've somehow become a huge fan of AssCreed without really meaning to. Sometimes I feel I should apologize for that.

I've been forever trying to start playing DOTA 2, because I think it's important damnit (even bought the latest compendium!), but just can't get around to doing it. I also keep thinking I should really play an MMO as an actually sociable activity, but I never do. Hopefully that'll change with Wildstar (I thought the same for EVE and Guild Wars 2...).

Obscure Node
    Guess I'll say hello before going to the WildStar thread :)
    Long time lurker, less so on the forums.

I'm 36, live in Holland, lately mostly indie games attract me. Triple A games are few and far between, except when there are sales :)