New turn based strategy game title Kickstarter project

If you like turn based strategy games like the classic Warlords and the older Heroes of might and magic you might want to look at this project on Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-game?ref=live

It's a remake of those classics but free and played in the browser.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I am conflicted, because of this map:

As someone who grew up on Illuria (and to this day, no other strategy game map has come even close to the perfect balance and entertainment an 8-player Warlords 1 game would bring), I recognized it immediately. I do not know whether to discard the project as an obviously blatant clone, or give lots and lots of money to it because it is a very clever homage and the writers have obviously played the same games I loved.

Okay, guys. Who's in for a Warlords 1 PBEM? Elves, Sirians or Horselords for me!
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

You should give it a try Vexing, it is in fact a tribute to the old Warlords games (and other similar turn-based games), but the Illuria map is just one of many maps made by the mass. Anyone can make their own map and get it publish for play.

If you enjoyed Warlords, you will truly love this game. It's taken me back to my childhood and best of all, it is free to play!

Vexing:
    The Illuria map is recreated tile by tile by one of our users. I played Warlords 1 on my amiga a lot so its fun to get a chance playing it again. If you enjoyed Warlords you really should try this web version.
    I know its easy to write something of as a bad copy. However a lot of people who played warlords have found our game enjoy playing it again and are also part of inventing new features and ideas for the game with us.

Even if Warlords was an awesome game new fun ideas have arrived in other games during all the years that can be used to improve the formula. That's what we are trying to do together with our community.

Just stopping by to tell you that our kickstarter campaign was successful and that we have released 2 major new versions since last post.
    Many new improvements have been made.
    New graphics,
    new heroes,
    new items,
    Better AI
    improved diplomacy
    unit balancing
    real time web which allow simultaneous turns
    Here are some screenshots:

http://www.warbarons.com to check it out.

This looks amazing. Congrats on an - apparently - great job. I've spent so many hours on Warlords II: Deluxe as a kid, it's great to see something similar in 2013.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    This looks like the sort of thing I would have loved in computer class in high school. You should release a portable copy and make every attempt possible to evade school district firewalls.

Just stopping by to let you know that we have released 2 new versions of Warbarons, the last one today. The new version have many improvements and balance perfections. Here are three screenshots.

We will have our mobile version out in a few months too.

Kind Regards
    Piranha

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's very bad form to promote your own products on general discussion. There's a forum for that. Several of us read that forum.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I think the thread predates that subforum, to be fair.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    I think the thread predates that subforum, to be fair.
    Yeah, it probably does (and certainly predates its enforced use). I'll move it over there now in a blast of RETROACTIVE CLASSIFICATION.

(I'm glad this was bumped because I had forgotten that Warbarons was a PC Computer Game I wanted to look at).
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yes, I am glad this resurfaced, looks very very interesting!
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?