Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Has Giant Bomb been hacked then?

I ask only because I got a rather odd email earlier, just plain text with no links and claiming to be from Giant Bomb. It says they were cleaning-up my account and they had to change my password - it includes a new password and as there's no links it's clearly a very poor phishing scam if it's one of those!!

Going to the site, any attempt to login with old or new password just fails as their authentication server seems to be down. I guess there could just be loads of people doing what I'm doing or!?!??

So - has it been hacked or am I over-reacting??

Network Hub
    No such email here.

They did just launch their new website a day or so ago, and it still seems to be a bit... iffy on stability. That might be related to why you are having trouble with the authentication server.

I'd suggest going to giantbomb and doing the whole "forgot password" resetting process, just to be sure no one has gained access to your account.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    No, they had a huge website overhaul so it has still some bugs and hiccups, They're currently ironing out all the little things.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Yeah I think my podcast RSS feed is broken.

Network Hub
    They said the RSS feeds would go down for a while before coming back up properly. Should've been sorted out already, but the whole new site has been a bit unstable lately.