Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    As far as I can tell, they've enabled all units at this point (so there's a fair few number of units).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    I've scheduled an event for tonight for a spontaneous ALB romp (or W:EE if people are up for it). 8pm EU time/7pm UK time. Let's meet in the RPStalin group chat room and on the in-official RPS mumble.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'll be there, although I only have EE, not ALB

I'll be there too - would love to play Airland Battleface: The Wargame, but I'm more interested in actually playing anything - so I'm happy to jump on EE too!
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    I'm up for something, but I only have EE as well I'm afraid. I can't join in on Mumble either, alas, as I've not got a proper mic set up at the moment...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    I'm up for something, but I only have EE as well I'm afraid. I can't join in on Mumble either, alas, as I've not got a proper mic set up at the moment...
    You could always join in and just listen in, I've seen people use it before succesfully.

EDIT: Something got corrupted in my version of EE so steam has decided I need to redownload 7.7Gb. This means I wont be able to join in tonight.
    Last edited by pepper; 01-05-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Obscure Node
    Any action going on?

I've been playing regularly.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodtwist View Post
    Any action going on?
    I'm on fairly regularly (jonny1982 in game). I'm terrible though so I can't promise to be a useful partner/challenging opponent.

Activated Node
    is it just me or are all names in EE changed to question marks? that's pretty annoying if you want to organize a game

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Luuk, maybe a localization error? You might want to check the game files in Steam.

Anyone up for a game sometime soon? I missed out last time because steam decided to redownload all the files. I think this was caused by me intiating the download on my linux partition.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Obscure Node
    I'm up for playing some Wargame: ALB afternoons/evenings. (European time zones)

Soooo, I played with you guys once or twice back in the EE days, but comp stomp wasn't my thing. But I will be game for some multiplayer or campaign so yeah. lets play!

Obscure Node
    I got W:ALB, so add Pvtbones, I almost know what I'm doing!

I've playing ALB a fair bit. I've just been working through the solo campaigns though. They're pretty good. I'm glad I've done that rather than diving straight into MP, as it's different enough from EE to be confusing at first.

Yeah i've been learning that too. I got to a farily good standard in EE but my first game in ALB was a bit of a 'oh yeaahhh I remember them' kind of game.

The aircraft are great though, use them wisely and you can really turn a battle, which was what was missing in EE imo.

My ingame name is snipes I'm also still in the rockpaperstalin steam group as snipes.beans I believe from last time.

Would be interested in some 1v1 campaigns or something. Comp Stomp isn't great as the AI is a bit shit.

Yes, the planes are great, although it's taken some practice not just to get them all killed immediately! The main things that have taken some getting used to are all the little balance tweaks. MBTs seem much tougher, whereas artillery is not nearly so powerful (although still useful). Units seem to rout a lot less but get panicked more easily, etc.

I'm actually finding the solo campaigns quite tough as well (admittedly I turned up the difficulty). Not because the AI is particularly good, but the 20 minute time limit sets a far faster pace than I'm used to from EE. Anyway, yes, I'd be up for some games at some point soon! A two player campaign would be great.

I'm steadily adding people as they come up in this thread- jonny1982 in game. I'm mainly up for multiplayer, comp stomps get old fast. I'm enjoying the game, the changes are quite subtle from EE but the whole thing seems to play a lot better. The worst of the unit spamming from EE seems to have gone as well.

I think the time limit in the campaign is great. At first I thought it was crazy but it really is pushing you to be more clever with your strategies.

There are obviously good draws and bad draws. And knowing when to either hunker down and turn the map into a meatgrinder or go for the jugular is now an actual decision you have to make rather than just throw units at each other until one of you wins.

The points you capture during these draws as well can mean the difference between life and death in the next battle on that map.

Quote Originally Posted by purdz View Post
    I think the time limit in the campaign is great. At first I thought it was crazy but it really is pushing you to be more clever with your strategies.

There are obviously good draws and bad draws. And knowing when to either hunker down and turn the map into a meatgrinder or go for the jugular is now an actual decision you have to make rather than just throw units at each other until one of you wins.

The points you capture during these draws as well can mean the difference between life and death in the next battle on that map.
    I agree absolutely; it just takes some getting used to! I'm not a quick RTS player anyway (I'd no hope with Star Craft). I'm starting to get bored of the AI too... how do 1v1 campaigns work anyway, in terms of organising things? I guess it's not like match making.