Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Not sure i'm up for a MP campaign but i'm generally up for MP games. Still a beginner tho. Biggest issue i have is attack paralysis - not being sure where to attack, slow build up - then telegraphing my intention and getting stomped!

thread necro - Start playing Wargame AirLand Battle. It is the best thing since sliced bread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm up for a game duke, I got ALB now too, and so does a friend of mine. Add me on a steam, im online most weekends.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Obscure Node
    anybody fancy some ALB?

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by a1ml3ss View Post
    anybody fancy some ALB?
    I'm on quite a lot - I typoed my username though, it's cyberpinkdreams if anyone wants to add me.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Obscure Node
    I've added a bunch of people on steam, hope you dont mind. I'm determined to find people to play with for this game (and red dragon when it comes out).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    I've been playing the game again as well, but it's really a game that should be played in either 1v1 or with a good team. Pub-stomping is common now, and frankly no fun, no matter which side you're on.

Really looking forward to Red Dragon, a lot of the promised changes will be very welcome. Also maybe we should share some decks? I imagine it might be something new people might be struggling with, considering how bad the tutorials are.

Obscure Node
    Hiya guys, thought I'd join the forums at long last, especially since you're posting about my favourite game, WAB! I've played a couple of times with the Rock, Paper, Skulk guys and thats always been enjoyable, so if anyone want to be play with me and my friends just add me. Ingame nick is Afro. Always happy to show some new guys the ropes.

Something that you might want to check out as a new player is the 10v10 tactical games, that's the ones with 2500-3000ish starting points. That means that you dont start with that much units, and the general income is low so it dont turn into the regular 10v10 spamfests. I've been trying to teach a friend in regular 2-4v4, and he just got overwhelmed with the (fantastic) depth of the game. As someone said, especially attacking can be hard. In the tactical games you will usually only have to focus on a small area, with a few units and you definitively get punished for doing things wrong, but it might be easier to learn from that as well because you actually see what wrecked your stuff, instead of panicking all over the place.

Some decks as requested: Category A USSR. This is my "A-game" PACT deck(but pub you will see me more often with cat-b ussr or the minors ^^). I consider it a very balanced deck with a lot of different options. If you're new I'd drop the SEAD BM and Su-25, they are kinda hard to use effectively. And it's not a human-wave deck, conserve your troops.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=212921170

Cat A USA, a balanced A-game USA deck. This is slightly outdated, needs a FOB, and should be tailored to playstyle. Lacks ATGM plane(Raven + Hornet is a lot of fun ^^).
    http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...B6C2B1650F1DB/

A tip if you're new could be to only get a couple of fighters and instead get a ton of AA and just dont worry about the airwar until you get more comfortable with whats going on.

Any questions hit me up.

Network Hub
    Some friends and I (including Wargame Marshall, Boogie Van) will be participating in the Red Dragon beta this coming week. We usually roll as part of a 3-4 man team, so for those who will also partake and wish to try their hand against us shoot me a message at my Steam name, Apokatastasis.
    The less you speak, the more you hear.

Bought Red Dragon this week and have been introducing a friend to ALB via skirmishes. I'm in the Rock Paper Stalin group on Steam (CherryPhosphate) so hit me up any time after 8pm for cold war shenanigans