Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Anyone have any preferred strategies they find usefull? How many command vehicles would you spawn for a routine 1500 match?
    I usually do one CV plus 2 inf AA, 4 inf ATGM, 4 inf rifles, 4 medium tanks and 3 scouts to start with, then build on that depending on the foe/terrain. Usually runs to 800-100 points.

Remember that you don't need to destroy FOBs, if you can capture them with a couple of infantry units those infantry are almost immortal until the supplies run out. Instead kill command vehicles in reinforcement sectors - that way the opponent HAS to respond with a significant shift of their forces.

T-55 and T-34 rushes are hard to counter because each vehicle costs only 15 points. However, they generally lack machineguns (so infantry will win) and can't keep up with the ROF of autocannons like those on the Marder I. You really can't afford to commit an equivalent points value of AMX-32 or Patton RISE tanks to that sort of fight as they'll be in your rear armour before you can kill them all.

Don't forget to leave at least two AA and two inf units to guard your base, especially if you have an arty heavy build. A zippo or T55-PzkmpfFlm can really help clear up any infantry infestations. As do sappers/combat engineers. If there is a forested reinforcement point CAPTURE IT AND STICK FLAMERS EVERYWHERE, the enemy will be unable to shift you except through massing several hundred points of artillery.

I'm terrible, though.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Ok I love this game.

Put a good few more hours in today and I'm slowly getting used to things. My favourite thing at the moment is having lots of artillery, scouting out positions and following up with a few tanks. Had an amazing game before where someone sent a load of Delta force to our base and the sneaky buggers caused all kinds of havoc. Great fun.

edit: I won't be around for MP tonight, it's BF3 this evening with my friends.

Any advice on how to clear a well defended area?
    I had one 3v3 match where we eventually controlled the entire map except their initial zone, which had plentiful forests and was on a hill. Having tons of points I figured I'd just steamroll them with mass tanks and infantry. Suffice to say, it didn't go so well. My allies fared no better, simply feeding them points by advancing into that mess. They won the game because of that one place.
    The only tactic I can think of is buying expensive artillery units and leveling the zone. I know I get scared and want to move my units when I see the shells/rockets streaming in.
    Oh yeah, and as me and Wolfenstein found out today, you lose if you have no command vehicles. I had no idea.

Network Hub
    Well, what you can do is remove the point behind holding that area.

EG: If he's trying to take it to gather resource points, find a section of the zone you can defend, and stick a command unit there.

If he's trying to take it to keep himself reinforced, attack the base of the reinforcement arrow, and defend there.

However, the best method, by far, is to work out the situation he's weak to. Most typically, because he isn't moving, this is artillery. Best method is to figure out hwere he's got his AA, hit that so it's stunned, and then strike at it with ATGM helicopters. Then it's a slow process of picking off his defenses bit by bit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Random Note:
    You can neutralize the enemy's control of a sector by parking one of your own vehicles in there. With parking more CO vehicles than your enemy you'll take the sector for yourself.

Network Hub
    Besides the CP that allow re-enforcements to enter at a different zone what is the point of capturing zones? It's a odd one because I played a game last night and rushed two zones one with my main force and the other with a single Command Unit. The other guy just spawned a load of MI24's and went a long convoluted route to my base and picked off the the Command Units. Felt a bit cheap and really anti strategy.

Each CP gives you it's points every 4 second which whom you can buy new units.

Against spams/rushes you have to recon early, spread out and buy the best counter. MI-24s are evil but expensive and a few AA-missiles can pick them off.

Banned
    Feel free to add SCARLET WOLF people.

I need people to play with who dont QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT SO MANY QUITTERS ARRRRGH

Activated Node
    I just got this game, and it's awesome! Took me a while to figure out what was going on, but I think I understand the basics now.

I've joined the steam group, hopefully I'll see some of you in multiplayer over the next few days!

I suck at the moment though :(

Network Hub
    Quick query, for those interested - any particular night of the week (Euro) preferable for getting together? There are a couple of other clans knocking around we could go and throw rocks/papers/scissors at. (Or busts of Stalin.)

2012-02-29_00006.jpg

bragging rights.

I'm online most nights and in the afk channel in mumble so i don't really have any preference. I suggest using the announcement function of the steam group for any events.

in other news i'm fairly in love with the Buratinos. They are cute little things, a bit like my first MLRS by fisher price but do they pack a punch. This is from a single salvo that stunned a whole lot of other things too.
    2012-02-29_00007.jpg
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 29-02-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Network Hub
    Tomorrow (Friday) night, 7pm. We shall do warfare. Do it for the tanks. They love you.

There's a freeform event on sunday by the way. Unfortunately at the same time as our ARMA 2 FOLK session...
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 02-03-2012 at 02:50 PM.

http://www.wargame-ee.com/index.php?...s-infos&id=110

New Update has been released, bringing 7player comp stomp and new maps. Def. willing to try that one out.

Obscure Node
    2-3 command, i think the top guys only use 2. Most shift their whole force to one of the middle reinforce zones, plus command of one of the 4 pt. zones. I sometime use 3 if I'm going to play defensively, and they basically try to out-economy the other guy - meaning that I don't need to hunt down his forces, I just need to be earning points faster, and then reinforcing and covering flanks faster than he can build up an attacking force.

Starting some skirmish now. Join us in mumble and online.

Activated Node
    I just bought this, even though I've never been a multiplayer gamer. What have I done? I don't play with other people, I've never even pushed the mic on my headset down in front of my mouth. I barely know how to use Skype.

Oh dear.

Network Hub
    Oh shoot. ^^; I kind of got caught up in other things and forgot all about this. Would anyone like to take over coordination duties for Rock Paper Stalin?