Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Definitely takes some getting used to, I've also gotta re familiarise myself with a lot of the mechanics.

Im a similar player too then! I normally have a great plan set up of where my units will go and then the enemy does something i didn't expect causing me to have to adjust my force balance and i fall to pieces :p

For example in the campaign today I was using an unfamiliar deck and bought a load of what I thought were AA, they turned out not to be. I'd literally just panicked mid game and the unit picture looked familiar but I didn't think to double check the stats before they entered the field..

The campaign gets set up and then player 2 is invited, there is no matchmaking as such, or as far as i've seen anyway. It then plays out exactly the same way except you have to wait for the other player. It still autosaves after every battle etc so if you come back to it you can have the AI take the players place or reinvite the player after loading the save.

Hi! I got Wargame: Airland Battle a few days back and would love to have some people to play with/against (I don't have the original though). My nick in the game is HildemarDasce, and Hildemar Dasce (with the space between the names) on Steam.

I'm slowly starting to figure out how to reason around the decks, and it's tons of fun tweaking them after each match. So far I've only played two online games (but a bunch of skirmish ones), but hopefully I can hook up with some of you folks.

Hope to see you ingame!

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Well, I've finally worked out what the icons on the top right of the unit information cards mean. I was finding it pretty hard to work out which planes were for what before then. I've not started on customising my own decks yet. I had highly refined ones in EE, but there seems to be a fair bit more to it in ALB.

Anyway, a 1v1 campaign sounds good - fancy arranging a time to play? Otherwise see everyone in matchmaking I guess!
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Well, I've finally worked out what the icons on the top right of the unit information cards mean. I was finding it pretty hard to work out which planes were for what before then. I've not started on customising my own decks yet. I had highly refined ones in EE, but there seems to be a fair bit more to it in ALB.

Anyway, a 1v1 campaign sounds good - fancy arranging a time to play? Otherwise see everyone in matchmaking I guess!
    yeah sounds good, it'd be good to try it out and see how it goes. Add me ingame and we'll sort something out. I can normally do a few weeknights or possibly a weekend for a few hours.

ingame name is snipes

it would also be nice to get some RPS 2v2 games going as there seem to be a few of us in the thread wanting to play.

Obscure Node
    Hello all, I play this whenever I can and would like some regular people to play with - the quality of the game online depends how much co op there is and I'm dying to see what its like with a mic...
    I'm not good, but I'm not bad either...
    My usernames a1ml3ss if anyone minds me adding them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    We should organize another session soon. With Folk ARPS we usually have a t least 4-5 ppl playing and I see a fairly active base in the RPStalin group as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    We should organize another session soon. With Folk ARPS we usually have a t least 4-5 ppl playing and I see a fairly active base in the RPStalin group as well.
    I'm really keen to play an on-line campaign with someone. I'm getting a bit fed up with match making. The worst behaviour is being in a 2v2 when your team mate quits because his rush didn't work. You get the impression that there are a lot of people who just do that over and over again.

Edit: feel free to add me in game - cyberpunkdreams.

I've tried the online campaign with a buddy and it really isn't the greatest thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    I've tried the online campaign with a buddy and it really isn't the greatest thing.
    Fair enough... I wish they'd make battle groups in the main MP persistent then.

We had quite some success with the last spontaneous event and got a great 4v4 going. I'd love to see this happen more regularly but I'm not sure how best to accomplish this. Should I designate more officers in the group so people can create events on the fly? (Iirc there might even be a setting to allow every group member to do this).

I'd also love for the game to get some exposure on RPS frontpage, any suggestions?

Yeah, I'd like to get involved more. I played the public MP quite a bit but the atmosphere's not great. Ranked 1v1 matches are better as you don't have to worry about your team mate being an idiot ;).

As far as exposure's concerned - maybe just ask them?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'd love to join in, me and a buddy both have W:EE.

Getting more expose is difficult. I doubt they would dedicate a article on the frontpage to something with a rather small community.

You might have better luck persuading them to make a article with a list of different communities RPS forum members run that people can join.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

I've been playing a lot of WGAB (Woogab??) recently, started to get really into it. I think I'm almost at the point where I get most of the tactics, to the point where I'm not fretting about the game mechanics and units, but am enjoying the ebb and flow of a battle.

Still only really playing skirmish at the mo, real humans scare me, but if any RPSers are up for a good fight maybe we should organise something?
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Quote Originally Posted by mrchinchin25 View Post
    I've been playing a lot of WGAB (Woogab??) recently, started to get really into it. I think I'm almost at the point where I get most of the tactics, to the point where I'm not fretting about the game mechanics and units, but am enjoying the ebb and flow of a battle.

Still only really playing skirmish at the mo, real humans scare me, but if any RPSers are up for a good fight maybe we should organise something?
    Aye, I usually play a couple of games per day (usually) ranked, so just hit me up if you want a game (I've banned myself for this weekend though, in order to prevent my dreams from being completely filled with tanks and helicopters, at least for a couple of days!) My handle on Steam and in-game is the same as on here.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Aye, I usually play a couple of games per day (usually) ranked, so just hit me up if you want a game (I've banned myself for this weekend though, in order to prevent my dreams from being completely filled with tanks and helicopters, at least for a couple of days!) My handle on Steam and in-game is the same as on here.
    Excellent will do... I've got you on Steam already from Blood Bowl.

Later I'm going to put together a PACT deck so I can stomp the horrible NATO forces - also this will hopefully teach me the different PACT units (I get my MIGs / T's / BMPs mixed up really badly..!)
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Quote Originally Posted by mrchinchin25 View Post
    Excellent will do... I've got you on Steam already from Blood Bowl.

Later I'm going to put together a PACT deck so I can stomp the horrible NATO forces - also this will hopefully teach me the different PACT units (I get my MIGs / T's / BMPs mixed up really badly..!)
    I mainly play Pact. I've got quite a few decks, all limited by nationality and type. My East German mechanised is my favourite at the moment ;).

Just getting into WGAB so available for games, add me on steam if ya like.

Banned
    WARGAME - RED DRAGON!

New game coming soon I think.

That was pretty interesting. I've actually given up on MP in ALB - I just got too frustrated with all the spammy and gamey tactics people are into. Wouldn't mind trying an MP campaign with someone though, as they seem to have buffed it a lot in recent patches.

Has anyone tried the conquest v2 yet? I've only played 2 games but I really, really liked the changes.