Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar

Youtube and Twitch Streaming, Which Is Better?

If you upload gaming playback, Youtube is almost unchallenged 1st choice. But what about streaming?

People around here start to find Twitch much more appealing in streaming. Youtube for technical reason doesn't have that streaming quality as solid as Twitch. Video hanging for Youtube streaming every hour is almost commonplace, but not so for Twitch. (And please don't ask dumb question like how we can access those online services, "I can tell you, but then I would have to kill you" :p)

What is worrying for Google probably that Twtich may start to challenge Youtube even on paybacks. If I watching or uploading on Twitch which also support payback, very naturally I would prefer Twitch to Youtube for playback.

Google is very keen on appealing to gamers. 60FPS playback is primary for this market in the first place.

So any of you can share you view on this?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Youtube Streaming isn't really designed for the same market as Twitch

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/0...twitch-killer/

YouTube GAMING is - coming soon

Also - I hear the cool kids - the ones with the biggest beards and foppiest hair - are using other streaming servers now - but being old I can't tell you which ;0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I seem to have had less problems with Youtube streaming than Twitch. Youtube rewind and pause live streams is great.

Twitch VoD is terrible.

Youtube has the weight of Google behind it, I'd be very surprised if their coming streaming service isn't superior, at least from a technical standpoint, to Twitch.
    ~

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Google isn't what it once was, it's a stagnating service desperate to buy steal or mimic other people's ideas.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

In my opinion Twitch is still the better and more popular livestreaing website then YT is, but let's not forget such website as Hitbox. I heard it's faster then twitch, but not as fast, any recomendations?

If both services provide the same quality of streaming then it really boils down to which logo you can put up with starring at the longest.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Google isn't what it once was, it's a stagnating service desperate to buy steal or mimic other people's ideas.
    You're right, Google isn't what it once was, but that's because it's now a little bit of everything. Along with Apple. Both will be a large part of future tech industries for a long time to come, for better or worse. That means to stay forward in the minds of people, however, they must be able to handle big data better than the competition. Streaming is integral in that, so I don't see them dropping the ball here.
    ~

Obscure Node
    Twitch doesn't make as much money as Youtube as far as I know. Twitch doesn't allow for 'editing' if you were to error yourself. I would think Youtube is better :)

Obscure Node
    yah i think youtube is more better and more popular than twitch

Twitch is way more popular in the streaming department than Youtube is, but streaming is all that Twitch is. I personally feel that Youtube Gaming could grow bigger than Twitch purely because people like me (1.2K subs) don't have to leave Youtube to stream and it can all be on one site.

If I recall correctly many of Twitch's more negative decisions, such as streams being delayed when they never used to be, hampering streamer and viewer interaction, was because of server load from the multitude of streamers that they, unfortunately, couldn't handle. That is a problem I would not think will be encountered by Google, and therefore, on a technical level, I would fully believe, with their weight pushed behind it, Youtube's Streaming service will be better than Twitch's.

Hypothetically, if Youtube and Twitch offered equal streaming platforms and it was a choice between the two, I would pick Youtube every time. I feel the additional functionality and it all being in one place is great, whereas Twitch purely offers streaming, nothing more, and there's nothing I'd miss by not utilizing it.

So right now, Twitch all the way, but this Youtube Gaming streaming feature that's coming out, if Google haven't half-arsed it I do believe it'll be the superior streaming choice.