Page 102 of 626 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 12516
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    It doesn't count if you picked the one pretty orc face, making you identical with every other orc player in the world. ;P
    In all fairness, there were two (!) okayish female orc fairness (I picked the the one that looked a bit dumb :P). Female trolls however only had one face that didn't look like an old hag just waiting for some children to come to her gingerbread house. Though trolls did have a much better choice of hairstyles....

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Big pointy ears is a pretty common fetish. Hence all the elves. And draenei. And succubi. And catgirls.

And you're scaring me about Ghent.
    In Japan right? And pretty much anything is a fetish over there. :p

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    In Japan right? And pretty much anything is a fetish over there. :p
    Blizzard's an American company, and characters with oversized ears and headgear:

night elves
    blood elves
    trolls
    orcs
    goblins
    wolfmen
    cowmen
    goatmen
    succubi
    anything druids can turn into

Characters without:

humans
    dead humans
    dwarves
    gnomes

The ears have it!
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Characters without ears:

• Walking skeletons
    • Zerg
    • Protoss

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Sorry, Nalano, but I like the manchin on the right woman. Aveline carried it off brilliantly considering she's a BioWare-designed character.

Anyway, Saints Row the Third (again)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    More Sins of a Solar Empire Trinity:

So, these orange guys here jump into my turf. Unfortunately for them, I'd been hoping for this; note the yellow ships (me) incoming along a phaselane in the background.

That batch are on the right in this image. The batch on the left is my other fleet, recently jumped in, or as I like to call them at this moment the "Sucks To Be You" fleet. (The UI on the left should indicate the numbers we're talking about. Also I have a heavily upgraded Starbase [it can throw meteors], Hangar Defense, Repair Bays and about 10 Beam Platforms)

THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!

And, thanks to a Phase Jump Inhibitor (stops them running away for a while), it did not go well for their orange fleet. I think pretty much the entire thing was destroyed, and I now have a bunch of capital ships level 6 and 7 with most of my forces intact.

I love this game sometimes.

Shadow of the Colossus, as emulated by my computer. Note that I ballsed up the resolution-ing somewhat, so there are a few slight glitches.

Also suffers from a bad case of PS2 textures, but dat art style:

10701185599571755008_screenshots_2012-05-23_00013.jpg10701185599571755008_screenshots_2012-05-23_00009.jpg10701185599571755008_screenshots_2012-05-23_00005.jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Skyrim: Conjurer about to get the shaft

2012-05-25_00001.jpg
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by CWalker View Post
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Just played a bit of the PS3 version, it remains a stunning game both graphically and in the gameplay. Still adore this game from playing it on the PS2. Impossible to recommend it highly enough to anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of it already. Play this game!

Anyway, a bit of Guild Wars 2, while my shakes are subsided:

gw004.jpggw017.jpggw030.jpg

Click for hi res niceness (imageshack direct link)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CWalker View Post
    Shadow of the Colossus, as emulated by my computer. Note that I ballsed up the resolution-ing somewhat, so there are a few slight glitches.

Also suffers from a bad case of PS2 textures, but dat art style:
    I have so many issues with this game and as such will now pick-my-bone.
    I'd say it's one of the best looking games on the PS2, but it pushes a little too far and so stutters, which can really mess up the gameplay. Also, many of the textures look awful on a decent sized screen and have that shimmer which makes a person nauseous.

The story and characters are non-existent, but people are so in love with the game they attribute it far more credit than it deserves on this front. I've seen some essays on this game which border on insane; like taking a haiku and extrapolating a novel. Minimalist stories are hard to pull off and this game does not accomplish it. When people say their favourite character is a horse you know something is up. And the game has no subtlety whatsoever: kill a beastie and black energy shafts stab the main character, well who'd have thought that's a bad thing to be doing?

However, the music is fantastic. Kow Otani did a great job and I recommend people try and pick this up. I'm pretty sure it is responsible for so many peoples reaction to this game, like how the John Williams piece "Duel of the Fates" made The Phantom Menace seem like a better film.

Finally the gameplay. It has a great idea, which works really well for 1/4 - 1/2 of the game; the first 4-8 Colossi. There's some great variation there and epic spectacles. But then it falls apart when you see the repetition and basic AI patterns. Or when the AI bugs out and doesn't do what you need in order to be able to beat it (eg. make the Colossus stick its head in a damn hole so you can jump on top of it)). Or when Wander gets stuck on something invisible while trying to scale a Colossus, leading to him falling off and the whole thing having to be restarted.
    And while the 'travelling to the next Colossus" bit is interesting a few times, it soon becomes really dull and annoying when you keep getting stuck in dead-ends.

This is a game that needs to be redone on a modern system with every gameplay mechanic and facet is made fluid, perfectly fluid. Until then, in my book it remains a decent idea which needs refining. God I needed that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    The Walking Dead:

The angry black man routine works EVERY time!
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 26-05-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    SWKTOR2

YAAAARGH

OPEN DOHR

Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    YAAAARGH
    That was my reaction when I tried to read the tiny text.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    The angry black man routine works EVERY time!
    Angry black men are also courteous enough, between their angry shouting sessions, to label their screenshots - so that we don't need a "PLEZ LABEL UR SCREENZ" post like this every page :(

Quote Originally Posted by Danny252 View Post
    Angry black men are also courteous enough, between their angry shouting sessions, to label their screenshots - so that we don't need a "PLEZ LABEL UR SCREENZ" post like this every page :(
    My bad, fixed the post for you. It's The Walking Dead.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    My bad, fixed the post for you. It's The Walking Dead.
    Yay! Merci beaucoup

Obscure Node
    Two Dreadnoughts duking it out in the Kinetic Void Alpha.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Went to the plastic surgeon in SR3 to get a hair cut. Seriously. I liked the ponytail but I like this style better.

This happens more often than you'd think:

Insurance Fraud is fucking hilarious. This high score of mine happened completely randomly:

Yup. Insurance fraud was one of the best things in SR3.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    I was always going to the plastic surgeon in SR3 to change my character's hairstyle. And yes, Insurance Fraud was amazing. Got bounced halfway down the road once, pinging off ambulances, fire engines, and police cars.