Page 174 of 608 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 12148
    Crysis 2 arrived on my doorstep today. Soon I, too, shall witness such sights.

Network Hub
    RAGE isn't too bad looking. Could look better, I just always play with AA off for some reason, even though my PC can handle it.

The worst part of From Dust. "Use your powers wisely! Oh, also one of them is a tsunami button, and another is a volcano. Have fun!"
    Last edited by Barnox; 07-08-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Network Hub
    Orcs Must Die! 2

Setup:

Getting ready...

Orc killing time!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Need for Speed: The Run

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    DIRT: Showdown

At last I hit an easy section;
    'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile

Some more rumble in the jungle thanks to Crysis 1. I never really got far in this game the first time I played it, and now a remember why. It's bloody hard! Maybe it's just me but I'm finding it pretty tough even on normal.

It was looking like a nice day for a pleasant walk in the woods by the stream.

But they just had to ruin it.

With Julia Bradbury by my side it would have been the perfect day.

Arkham Asylum

It's really so much better on a pc than console, I thought it would suck with m+k.

Last edited by duff; 08-08-2012 at 01:59 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    I always found Crysis hard when I played it how I wanted to play it - quiet and stealthy. That's when the AI would screw me or I'd fuck up a lot. When that happened I had to go Rambo and the game always seemed easier. With judicious use of running away too, of course.

Several years after finishing it myself I watched a youtube series of a guy playing it on a difficulty modded to be harder than the hardest one in-game. The way he played it was incredible and just made me feel bad about myself.
    Found it, this guy's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX9Fjh08Oek&feature=plcp

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar

I warned you about not letting me leave conversations, bro. I warned you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    lol
    KOTOR did it really well (both of them but kotor2 more)
    making you feel powerful.

now i wanna replay KOTOR2 :(

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    lol
    KOTOR did it really well (both of them but kotor2 more)
    making you feel powerful.

now i wanna replay KOTOR2 :(
    Stasis Field then Force Storm is so powerful it's akin to cheating. But I love doing it.

And now is the perfect time to replay KotOR 2, with TSLRM. Get to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I always found Crysis hard when I played it how I wanted to play it - quiet and stealthy. That's when the AI would screw me or I'd fuck up a lot. When that happened I had to go Rambo and the game always seemed easier. With judicious use of running away too, of course.

Several years after finishing it myself I watched a youtube series of a guy playing it on a difficulty modded to be harder than the hardest one in-game. The way he played it was incredible and just made me feel bad about myself.
    Found it, this guy's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX9Fjh08Oek&feature=plcp
    Yeah that guy was pretty damn smooth.

Trying to take down a 12 man patrol in the forest is nigh on impossible to do with out going Rambo at some point though. My problem is some bugger with a shot gun always seems to land a hit on me, and then pop, all my suit energy is gone in that one hit. Kind of makes a tactical withdrawl very hard then, especially as by that point you have probably been encircled. The sods seem rather proficient at avoiding my grenades too. Might have to practice cooking and throwing a bit more.

I've had to tweak that Extreme mod that I was using, as it put in location hit damage. So hit in the head your aim would go all over the place; hits to the legs would slow your movement etc. It just made fire fights way too tough. Well it did for me anyway. The guy who made the mod seemed pretty efficient http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGRqSTQ1Lms

Network Hub

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Trying to take down a 12 man patrol in the forest is nigh on impossible to do with out going Rambo at some point though. My problem is some bugger with a shot gun always seems to land a hit on me, and then pop, all my suit energy is gone in that one hit. Kind of makes a tactical withdrawl very hard then, especially as by that point you have probably been encircled. The sods seem rather proficient at avoiding my grenades too. Might have to practice cooking and throwing a bit more.
    A few tips:

Spot targets with binoculars before you make a move. It makes it easier to avoid getting surrounded and keeping track of their sight ranges.

Cloak drains very slowly if you stand still (up to two minutes I believe) and lying down in bushes will also make you near invisible if you need to recharge.

Headshots kill any of the standard human enemies in one hit, at any range.

Fists kill in one hit in strength mode and are completely silent.

Silencers wreck your damage at range so go for headshots.

The SCAR is an excellent sniper rifle while doubling as an assault weapon and can be silenced so don't bother with the precision rifles (other than picking them up to get the scopes for your other weapons).

The AI will only react if they see you, hear you or see/hear one of their comrades go down directly, so if you attack a patrol from the back you can often pick off a few before the others notice anything (they also don't care about dead bodies, even if they were talking to them a second before).

For easy mode: Line up headshots while cloaked, quickly decloak, shoot and recloak. If you get spotted, cloak and run and hide in a bush until the enemies calm down.

It took me a bit of practice before I could reliably pick off targets without getting detected but once you get the hang of the mechanics it's really fun to get into the sandboxy nature of the game. The higher difficulties are also quite well done and punishes you harder for mistakes rather than make the enemies harder to kill.
    Last edited by Skalpadda; 08-08-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    A few tips:

Spot targets with binoculars before you make a move. It makes it easier to avoid getting surrounded and keeping track of their sight ranges.

Cloak drains very slowly if you stand still (up to two minutes I believe) and lying down in bushes will also make you near invisible if you need to recharge.

Headshots kill any of the standard human enemies in one hit, at any range.

Fists kill in one hit in strength mode and are completely silent.

Silencers wreck your damage at range so go for headshots.

The SCAR is an excellent sniper rifle while doubling as an assault weapon and can be silenced so don't bother with the precision rifles (other than picking them up to get the scopes for your other weapons).

The AI will only react if they see you, hear you or see/hear one of their comrades go down directly, so if you attack a patrol from the back you can often pick off a few before the others notice anything (they also don't care about dead bodies, even if they were talking to them a second before).

For easy mode: Line up headshots while cloaked, quickly decloak, shoot and recloak. If you get spotted, cloak and run and hide in a bush until the enemies calm down.

It took me a bit of practice before I could reliably pick off targets without getting detected but once you get the hang of the mechanics it's really fun to get into the sandboxy nature of the game. The higher difficulties are also quite well done and punishes you harder for mistakes rather than make the enemies harder to kill.
    I ditched the Scar early on due to lack of ammo so I've just got the FY71 and the shotgun as primary weapons. Silenced sniping at a distance in single shot mode with suit strength on to reduce weapon sway is the best way I've found to tackle large groups like that so far. However anything less than a head shot will not kill, and at that distance getting a head shot is mostly down to luck and spamming rounds. The advantage is that it keeps them at a long distance and searching their immediate area for you rather than spreading out in your direction, and of course it use up a hell of a lot less ammo to whittle their numbers down.

Using the bino's to mark them is all very well, but you got to see them first.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Holy shit, that might be one of the best let's play vids I've seen so far. Love the guy's delightfully diabolic commentary as well... Makes me wanna play Crysis again.

Anyway, here's some RAGE shots.

You can't outrun the buck buck, son...

The 1st glitch in the game provided quite a view.
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    That Ironma play-through thing of Crysis 1 is fantastic. I've seen bits and bobs every so often and it never fails to impress me. Anyhow, in a Crysis related theme, I finished 2 just now so have a batch of shots to show off. Whilst C2 is definitely a great game to look at, I actually think it looks better in motion.

Hmmm, what to eat, what to eat...

Shadow dancing.

Dakka dakka dakka

Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeee eee!