Page 197 of 659 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 13169
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    I don't think he was saying there's anything wrong with that. He was just trying to make a point that capturing a fleeting moment during a cutscene is no less a valid shot than one by someone who spends ages staging shots in Skyrim. Whilst I realise you take yours whilst playing and capture moments from your gameplay, there are plenty who load up all the graphical mods and lighting tweaks etc purely just to take shots. Changing the lighting and DoF on a shot by shot basis. Not actually playing the game like that.
    Can't say i've ever gone that far. I did get a friend of mine let me stab him, shoot him and blow him up with C4 in battefield 3 once but that's the closest i've got to 'staging' a screen. ;-)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze-X View Post
    Your point would be valid if people weren't staging screen shots. What's the problem with a screen shot of a very nice looking scene rendered in the in game engine, whether the player has control or not? A lot of the skyrim shots are so staged, using the free cam to position and get the right poses, removing the Hud, graphical tweaks which mean they can't obtain a playable frame rate but looks good in stills.

All I did was press f12 at a moment that I thought the designers had put a lot of effort in to and that it should be shared with people who might like to look at it.

So phooey.
    It honestly wasn't meant as any kind of insult to you, merely a comment I wanted to make about screenshots in general. It's obviously a vaguer distinction in games than in real photography, because everything in a game was created by someone, and players often have the freedom to pause the game and pick their camera angles. But there is still a difference between pressing F12 at the time the developers chose to show you a scene, and searching out those photo-worthy scenes yourself.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    What The Hell is Going On: The Game ( aka M&B: Warband: Napoleonic Wars).

Screenshots to an extent I spose. Currently modeling a ACR for Ground Branch.

Colors are placeholder at present.

Last edited by DetCord; 14-09-2012 at 02:57 AM.

I've been playing some Diaspora today. I liked what I found

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
    Screenshots to an extent I spose. Currently modeling a ACR for Ground Branch.

Colors are placeholder at present.

How far did they complete the game ? How are they going to fund it now when kickstarter failed them.. I hav ebeen waiting for this game since 2009 :/

I purchased the art book for this game and it is so good, as an aspiring concept artist it's nice to see some games with wonderful inspiring art direction.

(Click for 2560x1440)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    How far did they complete the game ? How are they going to fund it now when kickstarter failed them.. I hav ebeen waiting for this game since 2009 :/
    They're still moving ahead. The plan at present is to release a MP version and build on that as it progresses. They might relaunch the KS with that in mind at a drastically reduced funding goal.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Awesome alice shots

Dark Souls

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    This site seriously needs to start adding user 'levels' where you need a certain number of posts before you can post links or images. Would prevent retards like this spamming the threads.

Pre and post LM renders in 3DS.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
    Pre and post LM renders in 3DS.
    Are you going to bake that down to normals or is that the "complete" model? Also I would recommend putting a small chamfer on some of the edges, otherwise it looks a bit too sharp and unrealistic.
    Last edited by byteCrunch; 14-09-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by byteCrunch View Post
    Are you going to bake that down to normals or is that the "complete" model? Also I would recommend putting a small chamfer on some of the edges, otherwise it looks a bit too sharp and unrealistic.
    It's not even close to being complete. Constant tweaking has become a past time as of late.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Dark Souls so ugly ps2 ps2 bad texture

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Really? I thought the textures were pretty decent considering they're only supposed to be seen when it's all blurry anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Freedom from the prison!

What a rude moose

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Really? I thought the textures were pretty decent considering they're only supposed to be seen when it's all blurry anyway.
    To paraphrase another...
    Quote Originally Posted by TixyLixx View Post
    God Dark Souls looks like shit, it's like a PS2 game or something.
    I mean, it's pretty much The Bouncer all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    . . . (which is a pain in the ass with skyrim as the camera moves at about 100mph).
    SUCSM is the console command to change the flying camera speed. 1 is slow, 10 is fast. Annoyingly it resets to the default value (10?) every time you start the game.
    Guild Wars 2: Infiltrator Dan / Cutthroat Dan / Vile Dan / Fervent Dan

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    To paraphrase another...

I mean, it's pretty much The Bouncer all over again.
    But it plays better than any next gen hack and slash/action game in my opinion.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog