Page 219 of 674 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,380 of 13471
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    And some weather effects from pCARS:

Last edited by kataras; 19-10-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Post some crashes from game,i'm interested to see if they look any realistic by now. Looking back at all major pc racing sims..all of them lacked that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    @ Casimir: You 're right but I never saw the point in sex in those works either. It doesn't bother me but I cannot see how it ties in. All I 'm saying is with the controversy over W1 and 2, releasing a concept art like that doesn't do their work any justice.
    The point is that sex is undeniably a large part of adult life, and so a story without it is constrained in various ways. You can argue that they're trying to make it seem normal, or they're hoping to profit from sensationalism. It's probably a bit of both like it was for TW2, because many of those who identify themselves as 'gamers' are happily entertained by the prospect of a game not pulling punches in a manner similar to an HBO series or simple 3D titillation.

As for the concept art itself, well it does a lot more than just show some girl with her chest thrust out. We have an almost modular looking torso (similar to Ghost In The Shell) which itself is a bit of a detriment to sex-appeal, and also the giant-fucking-blades popping out of the arms which I imagine are meant to represent your Poison Ivy type character - ie. attractive yet harmless looking person who can actually fuck you right up (see: Scarlet Lake, Fall-From-Grace, Black Widow or Seline Kyle type character). Not to mention the very appearance of the girl shows we aren't dealing with some sort of utopian future here.

As a piece of concept art it was stupid to release alone. You want to mingle this sort of thing in with a few other pieces, showing the range of motifs that your game offers. But CDProjekt are still young, Assassins of Kings was excellent, and the Cyberpunk world does strike me as the kind-of-misogynist type, so I have faith that the final product will be a bit more aware and very worthwhile.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    There wasn't room in their inventory for The Guide, so they forgot its best advice.
    DontPanic.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
    It's an ugly game with textures Doom 3 would be ashamed of.
    Dude, you need to step back from life and take stock of where you're at.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Post some crashes from game,i'm interested to see if they look any realistic by now. Looking back at all major pc racing sims..all of them lacked that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
    Sorry but that isn't the issue. The reason his screens look "good" is due to the singular fact that the forum automatically compresses the image and thus, making it appear far better than it actually is. Dishonoreds' textures are extremely low resolution and the models are very low poly, SweetFX altering the CSR isn't going to have an impact upon that.
    Not sure if it's sarcasm, or just graphics whorism (Sorry, people discussion sex and women in video games, but it's an expression, all right). Did you read http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...ical-analysis/
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's a shame how obsessed people get with textures. If you (literally) take a step back and just appreciate the art style and overall look of the game, it can be quite stunning.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Nice shots.
    I love the textures in Dishonored, and actually the example shown of the bricks looks great. Everything looks like concept art, which is awesome.
    It's not the textures that are the problem at all, sorry to the graphics snobs... it's the alpha or lighting that just looks too foggy, but sweetFX seems to fix this (which is basically just ini edits, no?)
    Last edited by Sparkasaurusmex; 20-10-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar

Skyrim

The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    It's a shame how obsessed people get with textures. If you (literally) take a step back and just appreciate the art style and overall look of the game, it can be quite stunning.
    Pfft. This is the PC we're talking about! We need 4096x4096 textures for a lamppost. :p
    Guild Wars 2: Infiltrator Dan / Cutthroat Dan / Vile Dan / Fervent Dan

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    You aren't a true PC gamer unless the first thing you do is zoom in on the nearest brick wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    You aren't a true PC gamer unless the first thing you do is zoom in on the nearest brick wall.
    ...or spend less than 20 min playing with the graphics settings to try and balance visuals and performance.

OK, maybe that's just us poor PC gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by dan. View Post
    Pfft. This is the PC we're talking about! We need 4096x4096 textures for a lamppost. :p
    Haha, but there is a fine line between being a graphics whore and a dev not taking the time to release hd textures for the pc. Can't comment on Dishonoured because I haven't played it yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I actually did notice some fuzzy textures as soon as the game started (I don't usually), but I soon got used to it and the game really does look good. Style means far more than technical achievements.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    So apparently the next BF3 patch will add a console command to remove the color grading or whatever it's called that everyone is bitching about all the time. It will fuck up the IRNV sights and possibly some other stuff but otherwise make the game colorful without needing 3rd party hacks (which can get you banned and such).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Crashes from pCARS:

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I don't even know what happened here:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkasaurusmex View Post
    Nice shots.
    I love the textures in Dishonored, and actually the example shown of the bricks looks great. Everything looks like concept art, which is awesome.
    It's not the textures that are the problem at all, sorry to the graphics snobs... it's the alpha or lighting that just looks too foggy, but sweetFX seems to fix this (which is basically just ini edits, no?)
    Thanks man. Not really sure what sweetFX does (you just drag and drop the files) but it certainly does the trick. I really love the watercolor painting style to the game.

Ravaged