Page 295 of 638 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,900 of 12745
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    They look quite impressive. How much did it set you back though? Also, are all games able to cope with the extra space?
    Compared to other IPS panels they were at about the same sort of price range as the 27" monitors, so cost me £470 which i don't think is ridiculous for the quality of it, nicely built, sharp images and the colours are nice and vibrant which is what i was after for my work.

As for games i found the most recent and well supported games all work with the aspect ratio and the interface scales. I tried some older games from 2011 were the menu's are letter boxed but in game the full screen is utilised.

Performance wise it causes a lot less stress on my gpu than my other monitor that goes to 2550x1440, get closer frame rates to 1920x1080 so its really smooth yet it still seems of the same sharpness.

Far Cry 3 - Minimap goes near enough to the corner but it still seems too big but i'd prefer to disable it all together in my next playthrough.

Guild wars 2

Torchlight2

Saints Row 3 - Menu's didn't scale in this one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    As far as i know,yes.
    :'( What a waste of a great franchise.

Dark Souls

Well that's gonna leave a mark...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post

Well former GSC made new company and they're making F2P MMO Survarium,with skill perks and leveling up.. I don't understand why they don't just make STALKER clone,they're good at it..Its a shame really.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    If rumors are to be believed in the GSC forums, STALKER 2 is frozen for the moment and GSC had a hand in the Lost Alpha mod.
    Can still hope for a sequel... Alternatively I would settle for a good solid mod that would incorporate all existing maps from the games and the alphas/betas etc.

Dark Souls

Well that's gonna leave a mark...

You're an evil, evil person.

I cannot decide whether to give Dark Souls a go or not. I generally despise boss fights, but I really like how it looks -- it seems like it has a great atmosphere

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    I cannot decide whether to give Dark Souls a go or not. I generally despise boss fights, but I really like how it looks -- it seems like it has a great atmosphere
    You should. I'm terrible at that game, but Dark Souls' world and monster design is just so damn *interesting*, I want to see it all.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I was the same and ended up buying it in a sale. The atmosphere is great but I cannot stand the gameplay. I managed to die even when using a trainer! But different strokes for different folks etc.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    Yeah. I know.
    This base now has only a single empty tile left (but will destroy one hanger).

Playing on easy with lots of different saves allowing me prepare for the worst but i do fear the attack. will post some pics of the attack if it happens.
    No XcomUtil or UFOextender, eh? You should really get them, since, among other things, they provide better starting base layouts (access lift as a natural chokepoint, don't mind my mind shield):

and the lifesaver auto-sell:

In related news, blaster launchers are awesome. (Unless they're in the hands of an alien).

Obscure Node

I hear great things about Dark Souls but I keep putting off playing it. Is it simply just combat after combat, or is there exploring like in, say *dare I say it* Skyrim? Are there towns to explore etc. I'm guessing not because as far as I know you play an undead guy who probably wouldn't be welcome around towns and villages.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    I was the same and ended up buying it in a sale. The atmosphere is great but I cannot stand the gameplay. I managed to die even when using a trainer! But different strokes for different folks etc.
    Dying is part of the game, you're suppose to since it's the only way to learn. No Pain no gain so to speak.

The first mistake most people make is assuming it's a hack and slash and start playing it as one, it's way more tactical since you'll need to study every monsters behavior and patterns. One you've figured it out, it's a cakewalk.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    You're an evil, evil person.
    In my defense ....he is really tall ...and he swung first ;)

That's a damn shame about STALKER 2.

Meanwhile ...in Far Cry 3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    The Souls series has the best boss fights this side of Bayonetta.

Meanwhile ...in Far Cry 3
    Looks like somebody let Antony Gormley loose in FC3 http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidmcnuh/4868679962/

You can always try before you buy these days. It's only if you like it and don't buy it afterwards you're an asshole.
    Virtual Pilot 3D™ NEVER NOT SCAM!

Network Hub
    Figured I should post my last shots from my playthrough of Dishonoured:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My favourite part of dishonoured are these decorations that shot confetti in the party map.

Already played through Dark Souls on XBox, just started my first character in the PC version, a huntress named Tig.

Last edited by Henke; 18-01-2013 at 10:20 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I don't remember the character/armor texture being that high res, did they improve that from the console versions?
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog