Page 329 of 613 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,580 of 12249
    Those Skyrim shots, hot damd.

Henke, do you play on easy, because I would like to like the game (love the atmosphere), but the combat really sucks monkeyballs. I just can't get used to it...

I played it on Normal. Switched up to Hard briefly at one part but it was too hard to be enjoyable.

The combat-bits really are more like puzzles than actionscenes. Takes some getting used to.

Warframe - Beta

Co-op F2P third person shooter with nice character asthetics and interesting "tribal" (or asian?) drum music.

You got there something in your face, pal!

Yes, we come in all flavors

ARGH! I slipped!

Melee can be very devastating.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Henke View Post
    Discovered it by chance. You can get it from the old mutant man who lives in an open building just around the corner from Henry's appartment. You need to give him lots of stuff before he gives you the gun though.
    I gave him everything he wanted, then he just disappeared. Probably a bug. Is there even ammo for that anywhere?
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Henke View Post
    I played it on Normal. Switched up to Hard briefly at one part but it was too hard to be enjoyable.

The combat-bits really are more like puzzles than actionscenes. Takes some getting used to.
    I'm on the the amusement park level, on hard, but that level is much harder, is more like a stealth game.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Is there any built-in screenshot function in Uplay? The Steam overlay is so handy, it feels wrong to have to use other software. If there isn't, which software do you guys recommend?

Got to love terrible AI in a game like this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    This time I will finish it.

The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I give you three days before you throw in the towel, tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Is there any built-in screenshot function in Uplay? The Steam overlay is so handy, it feels wrong to have to use other software. If there isn't, which software do you guys recommend?
    There's FRAPS, and then there's everything else.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Network Hub
    I'm not sure why Fabl3 bothered including the Princess set of clothes when the Prince set is so damn suave.

Network Hub
    Started playing Spec Ops. RPGs are designed to penetrate tank armour, right? http://youtu.be/5g9pGVwfaVk

And when making a sign with missing letters, make sure there's room for them...

Last edited by Barnox; 20-02-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar

steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar

steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've been enjoying Far Cry 2 recently. Yes the checkpoints and driving are terrible. The secret is to take a boat or drive on the train tracks. The second area is worse than the first though. Forgot to turn the graphics settings up for the two in the middle.

2013-01-12_00005.jpg
    2013-01-13_00003.jpg
    2013-02-17_00001.jpg
    2013-02-16_00001.jpg
    2013-02-19_00003.jpg

How do you get the pictures to show up full size?
    Last edited by Internet; 20-02-2013 at 03:59 PM.

@ Internet: Have you tried Dylan's Realism Mod? (Copy-pasted from a recent RPS thread, in turn copy-pasted)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dylans-far-cry-2-realism-mod
    “This mod fixes what Ubisoft left unfixed. Dylan’s Realism Mod changes Far Cry 2 from an Africa-based sedan and pickup truck simulator into a (semi accurate)
    African conflict simulator. Realistic weapon damage, recoil, realistic ammo loads and weapon reliability have been added, along with a more effective stealth suit, and revamped AI weapons. (No more SPAS12s and AR15s for militiamen). Checkpoint AI has been tweaked as well. Checkpoint guards now have a 60% chance to chase you after passing through, as opposed to 90%-100% in vanilla. Militiamen also communicate more frequently in combat, and use suppressing fire more often. However, you are now as vulnerable as the AI. A single burst of rifle fire can kill you, so you are probably going to need that extra ammo and stealth suit.”

Wow, that was ugly. I haven't tried it myself, but it seems interesting?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    @ Internet: Have you tried Dylan's Realism Mod? (Copy-pasted from a recent RPS thread, in turn copy-pasted)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dylans-far-cry-2-realism-mod
    “This mod fixes what Ubisoft left unfixed. Dylan’s Realism Mod changes Far Cry 2 from an Africa-based sedan and pickup truck simulator into a (semi accurate)
    African conflict simulator. Realistic weapon damage, recoil, realistic ammo loads and weapon reliability have been added, along with a more effective stealth suit, and revamped AI weapons. (No more SPAS12s and AR15s for militiamen). Checkpoint AI has been tweaked as well. Checkpoint guards now have a 60% chance to chase you after passing through, as opposed to 90%-100% in vanilla. Militiamen also communicate more frequently in combat, and use suppressing fire more often. However, you are now as vulnerable as the AI. A single burst of rifle fire can kill you, so you are probably going to need that extra ammo and stealth suit.”

Wow, that was ugly. I haven't tried it myself, but it seems interesting?
    My monitor only goes up to 1366x768 resolution (the old one came down with a bad case of whacked with a bed), so that also makes it a bit uglier. I don't mind too much though, it keeps me from having to upgrade.

But no, I don't want to make combat more realistic. I have maxed gear and I die enough already. The bushes and grass obscure vision so much that half the time I'm just looking for one guy who's lopping off chunks of health. It takes a very short amount of time to kill most enemies once you see them. I also forget to save when I'm traveling, and since half the game is traveling I don't want to die more times.
    Last edited by Internet; 20-02-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    My monitor only goes up to 1366x768 resolution (the old one came down with a bad case of whacked with a bed), so that also makes it a bit uglier. I don't mind too much though, it keeps me from having to upgrade.

But no, I don't want to make combat more realistic. I have maxed gear and I die enough already. The bushes and grass obscure vision so much that half the time I'm just looking for one guy who's lopping off chunks of health. It takes a very short amount of time to kill most enemies once you see them. I also forget to save when I'm traveling, and since half the game is traveling I don't want to die more times.
    I should clarify: The "ugly" part was how the copy-pasting ended up in the reply window. The last sentence was about the mod (but applies to the game as well). The game can be quite beautiful and your screenies were nice.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I should clarify: The "ugly" part was how the copy-pasting ended up in the reply window. The last sentence was about the mod (but applies to the game as well). The game can be quite beautiful and your screenies were nice.
    Oh, thank you. I'm not a graphics aficionado, but the game gives you so many opportunities to take good screenshots. Wish RPS proper would show the best screenshots of the week in a main post.

Also, I would recommend picking up Far Cry 2 for cheap on the next steam sale. I have a huge rant about it, but it's a not great game and a worthwhile experience, much like Alpha Protocol.