Page 355 of 641 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365405455 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,100 of 12811
    HEAR- THE PLANE BETWEEN PLANES

A strange place full of living nightmares and strange ether creatures. Because it's categorized as outdoor map, I simply decided to nuke it into the ground with a dozen consecutive Armageddon spells.

CRYSTAL

Never called a plane but it might as well be one.

BONUS: The secret developer room
    New! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Not so new anymore! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    This thread is sooooo last Vegas darling. Get some New Vegas into your life.

Last edited by sonson; 20-03-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Last edited by sonson; 20-03-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    HEAR- THE PLANE BETWEEN PLANES

A strange place full of living nightmares and strange ether creatures. Because it's categorized as outdoor map, I simply decided to nuke it into the ground with a dozen consecutive Armageddon spells.

CRYSTAL

Never called a plane but it might as well be one.

BONUS: The secret developer room
    Codex fan?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Great shots Sonson. Are you using any mods or ENB? I don't remember night time looking so good in New Vegas, it was just a slightly not as bright day time.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    More Commandos Strike Force.
    It maintains Commandos' tradition of hard as nails gameplay. The developers didn't knew anyone who had ever finished Commandos 2.
    For the record, Commandos 2 isn't all that hard. I've beaten it a bunch of times, and I'm rubbish at games. Commandos 1 (or more specifically its add-on) is bloody impossible, though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Which one is Commandos Strike Force? 1,2 or 3? I see GOG only have 2+3 and some addons. These screens are pushing me to get it...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Heroes of Might & Magic V

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Great shots Sonson. Are you using any mods or ENB? I don't remember night time looking so good in New Vegas, it was just a slightly not as bright day time.
    Thank you pardner.

Am using ENB Shaders for New Vegas, Version 1.5, Project Reality which is a weather mod but seems to make things looks nicer somehow, and New Vegas Interiors although Iím not sure how much of that youíre seeing or even if it works with the ENB Shaders. Areas with plenty of natural lighting sources, like HouseísÖhouse are fine but places like the Atomic Wrangler look pretty dark inside with the 1.5 Shaders on, whereas they didnít before. But I found the interiors to be perfectly decent anyway, it was always the outdoors which looked bad, so itís worth the trade-off for me.

I also have texture mods too-weapons retexture mod, NMC and Poco Bueno Texture mod, two LOD mods to make the distance not look bad, a few other bits and bobs. They all make a difference to an extent but really itís the ENB doing all the work in these pictures. I added the HI res textures beforehand and thereís no real need for me to remove them but if you had to choose either or the Shaders provide by far the biggest improvement.
    Iíve also got EVE installed which while not particularly evident here adds a lot more bells and whistles, especially around physics and violence, and is very highly recommended. New Vegas Redisgned 2 is also not apparent but is essential Iíd say, more or less enhances NPC meshes from something youíd expect to see on a console a few years ago to something that looks more or less contemporary, and, most of all, like a human rather than some potato creature.

I know it sounds like a lot but it probably took me an hour in total to get all these things sorted, including .ini fixes and such. NMM will install most things other than the Shaders and meshes, which are an easy extract job. The thing that took the longest was looking through the available options, but Iíve narrowed that down for you now.

One warning though-the set up, shaders especially, are what the game construes as resource intensive, even running it through the 4gig memory exe itís inclined to crash every few hours. I have about 70 other mods running with it which wonít help but the rate at which it dies has probably doubled since installing the shaders. Thereís only so much bad engine design you can circumvent.

I have a system capable of running pretty much anything available on more or less the highest settings on a 1920x1080 monitor, I was running the above at a steady 45-60 FPS, and can do likewise with pretty much anything currently available , so itís not a system issue at all I donít think, but the limits for what NV thinks it can do are pretty poor and you *will* crash with it. I just save often and in the event of a crash Iím back in the game within 30 seconds, so I donít really mind, but be warned, if you want to make her pretty and bring her up to speed in visual terms there is a price to pay.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I'm always in the habit of saving all the time in New Vegas, Skyrim etc.

It got to the point where sometimes the game would autosave as I walk out the door, but I'd still hit quick save.

I must get around to trying out ENB on NV, the night time looks spectacular.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

F5 is a PC gamer's best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    Which one is Commandos Strike Force? 1,2 or 3? I see GOG only have 2+3 and some addons. These screens are pushing me to get it...
    Strike Force is none of the above -- you might be able to consider it Commandos 4, but really it's just a FPS spinoff.

somini would have the best information here, but as I recall it got pretty poor reviews.
    Last edited by Jams O'Donnell; 20-03-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    Strike Force is none of the above -- you might be able to consider it Commandos 4, but really it's just a FPS spinoff.

somini would have the best information here, but as I recall it got pretty poor reviews.
    Ok thanks for the info. Would you recommend the other games?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Pretty much what Jams said. It has 62 on Metacritic FWIW. I had a pretty good time with it a few years ago. It's decent FPS with some pretty nice elements in it (character switching means different playstyles, etc.). GMG has it for $3.99 right now, but they often reduce it to a dollar.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/se/e...-strike-force/

EDIT:
    Ok thanks for the info. Would you recommend the other games?
    Yes. They're great games if you like the genre and have a bit of patience. If you haven't played them, you should. Everyone should. The third is the weak link IIRC.
    Last edited by Fanbuoy; 20-03-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post

Yes. They're great games if you like the genre and have a bit of patience.
    They're very hard though, I can't emphasize that enough. Quite a lot of trial & error too.

Of the three Commandos games, I'd recommend trying the second one. It's the best in the series, and also possibly the easiest to get into. There's a bit of a learning cliff at the beginning but once you get into the swing of things it's great fun, and there really isn't that much trial and error.

Commandos 2 has the best missions, often riffing on familiar scenarios from classic WW2 films. Brilliantly, its manual also addresses the fact that they know that penguins aren't found in the arctic but that they wanted to put them in there anyway so shut up.

Edit: Commandos 2 would be in my list of the top 10 PC games. It might even make it into the top five.
    Last edited by Jams O'Donnell; 20-03-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    thanks for the opinions!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Tropico 4 - bought it during a recent Steam sale. It's been a bit of a mixed bag; I kinda like the aesthetics and variety of production chains, but there's tons of micromanagement involved that I don't really care for.

Last edited by Tritagonist; 20-03-2013 at 04:59 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Duke Nukem 3D - Megaton Edition. Unfortunately I still get insane motion sickness after about 5 minutes of playing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post

A bit late to the party, but yes, it's a FPS spin off.

About the difficulty, I genuinely recall the developers saying that they didn't knew anyone who had played it through to the end, perhaps it was about the first expansion.

It got poor reviews mainly because it came in the wake of COD1, and it was lambasted for trying to Follow the Leader. Which is true in a sense, but I don't think it's that bad. It still has some Commandos-ness.
    As I said it's Hitman, Sniper Ghost Warrior and COD rolled into one game. It has the Spy, the bloody Sniper and the Green Beret, which gives it much more variety than most FPS. It's still an old school game, you can save everywhere(save scumming galore), there is even realistic head bobbing.

It's like Deus Ex light.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?