Page 378 of 552 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388428478 ... LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,560 of 11030
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Gorgeous Chivalry shots! I should start playing that again, was a lot of fun! :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Here we go again: Homeworld 2

Almost 10 years on and this game is still absolutely gorgeous.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by asskicker View Post
    Gorgeous Chivalry shots! I should start playing that again, was a lot of fun! :)
    Much obliged squire :)

Damn, Homeworld still looks great. Could never really get into it unfortunately butI remember at the time being blown away by it's visuals and it's incredible opening sequence to adagio for strings
    Last edited by SephKing; 20-04-2013 at 11:59 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Yeah. Wow. I need to play it, is the first one best played first? Also are you using mods?
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Yeah. Wow. I need to play it, is the first one best played first? Also are you using mods?
    No real need to play the first; the story is pretty good, though not in the sense that there's an amazing plot to follow but more that it's great at conveying the sense that you and your entire race are royally fucked and you have to fight to survive.

I'm not using mods, just a simple .ini edit to get it running in widescreen. I think they managed to hit a golden spot just where 3D graphics could be rendered smoothly enough to not be directly offensive and artistic abstraction which implies a lot more detail than what's actually there. Some shinier textures and fancier shaders and it could be released today without betraying it's age.
    Last edited by Skalpadda; 21-04-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    No real need to play the first; the story is pretty good, though not in the sense that there's an amazing plot to follow but more that it's great at conveying the sense that you and your entire race are royally fucked and you have to fight to survive.

I'm not using mods, just a simple .ini edit to get it running in widescreen. I think they managed to hit a golden spot just where 3D graphics could be rendered smoothly enough to not be directly offensive and artistic abstraction which implies a lot more detail than what's actually there. Some shinier textures and fancier shaders and it could be released today without betraying it's age.
    Don't forget Homeworld: Cataclysm if you can find a copy. Much as I love the main games I actually prefer HW:C as the missions aren't as cripplingly hard as in HW1 - where you can screw yourself over for the next mission without knowing - and doesn't have the Adaptive AI of HW2 - which punishes success.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    There's a mod for Homeworld 2 that adds a load of complexity, but also the amount of visual density. I know it was called Point Defence Systems, but I want to say they maybe changed the name to something else after one of the versions. The trailers were usually pretty sweet. A look at its ModDB page suggests it's still actively being worked on. Which, quite frankly, is a bit bonkers.

Burtal Legend (I know there's a typo, but considering my feelings to it at the moment, I'm okay with that).

As much as I deride the actual gameplay, the aesthetic is wonderful. It's a damn shame the game can't keep up with it though. Also, the engine sometimes. Whilst the recommended requirements are (questionably) high, I don't have absolutely everything set to full. Even so, the as you can see in some of the pics some of the textures aren't great and the frame rate can get really spotty while driving. I think the one word that could best describe BL, in its entirety, would be "inconsistent". Such a shame.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Here's some more from the Sonic Generations Unleashed mod. I was messing around in the final level, Jungle Joyride. It's very pretty.

Who builds a tower in a lake??

Dancing tribal badniks!

Out towards the ocean.

Waterfall enclave. (Apologies for the blue ball. Only way to capture as much of the buildings as possible.)