Page 430 of 640 FirstFirst ... 330380420428429430431432440480530 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,600 of 12791
    Tritagonist, that Munar lander is pretty much identical to the first one I used. It seems to be the Toyota Corolla of KSP: reliable, easy to handle but not very exciting. :)

Edit: hell, my Minmus lander was similar as well.

Last edited by Stellar Duck; 25-07-2013 at 09:32 PM.
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That's clearly a staged landing. I can tell by the shadows, and because the flag isn't moving.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    Well, OK. The HD 7770 was as far as my budget would stretch when getting an entirely new machine at the beginning of the year. I get 40-60 FPS in Skyrim at 1080p without ENB. It drops to between 20 and 30 with ENB, which would be perfectly playable if it didn't crash all the bloody time.
    Ah, those numbers are indeed good. I haven't used ENB for Skyrim, but I have noticed some irregular behaviour from the game with other modifications. Could it be ENB changed more than it advertises - settings perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Duck View Post
    Tritagonist, that Munar lander is pretty much identical to the first one I used. It seems to be the Toyota Corolla of KSP: reliable, easy to handle but not very exciting. :)

Edit: hell, my Minmus lander was similar as well.
    Hah, yeah I suppose so. I slightly adapted the models used in various tutorials on YouTube. I'd wanted to use those more rigid beams, but apparently they don't yet work properly in all directions with the six-point connectors, so I couldn't go that design-route.

Unfortunately I landed my second, driveable, rover almost 25 kilometres from the manned craft, which meant a lot of driving back. At least I didn't forget to add a remote-control module. That said, it was good fun coming up on huge craters and finding ways to either get through, or around it. Quite odd how a totally barren location can have so much character.

Excellent landing by the way, and with a full crew no less. The surface there looks toxic! I haven't yet attempted to get there, that should be an interesting challenge.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post

Excellent landing by the way, and with a full crew no less. The surface there looks toxic! I haven't yet attempted to get there, that should be an interesting challenge.
    Thanks for the kind words. However, all was not well. What the picture doesn't show is that while landing the craft spun out of control due to me overcompensating and not being ready for such low gravity. Before I got it under control again it had spun around a number of times and graced the surface with the top, knocking off the parachute I needed to return to Kerbin as well as one of the solar panels. And I'd spent way too much fuel getting it under control.

It really is a great game.

Thanks for the kind words. However, all was not well.
    It's not a Kerbal mission if all goes well!
    What the picture doesn't show is that while landing the craft spun out of control due to me overcompensating and not being ready for such low gravity. Before I got it under control again it had spun around a number of times and graced the surface with the top, knocking off the parachute I needed to return to Kerbin as well as one of the solar panels. And I'd spent way too much fuel getting it under control.
    Now that you mention it, the top does look like it's missing it's chute! Perhaps putting it an orbit, followed by an EVA to a rescue module is in order! Simply the fact that this is possible is such a great thing! About the landing - perhaps you already knew this, but I had to rummage through the control list to find it - if you hit Caps Lock you switch to a more nuanced control scheme, making the effects of button-pressing less pronounced. It was a huge help to me when performing another landing on the Mun.

Speaking of which, I figured Tomlin Kerman was getting a bit lonely in his two-man rover, so I flew in his colleague Jebediah Kerman. I probably burned too much fuel on his landing, but the result came out nicely: parallel parking on the Mun!

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~

It's not a Kerbal mission if all goes well!

Now that you mention it, the top does look like it's missing it's chute! Perhaps putting it an orbit, followed by an EVA to a rescue module is in order! Simply the fact that this is possible is such a great thing! About the landing - perhaps you already knew this, but I had to rummage through the control list to find it - if you hit Caps Lock you switch to a more nuanced control scheme, making the effects of button-pressing less pronounced. It was a huge help to me when performing another landing on the Mun.

Speaking of which, I figured Tomlin Kerman was getting a bit lonely in his two-man rover, so I flew in his colleague Jebediah Kerman. I probably burned too much fuel on his landing, but the result came out nicely: parallel parking on the Mun!
    Yea, important detail with Caps Lock. I forgot about it though. I'd taken a break from KSP for two or three weeks when I flew that mission and on top of that I was trying to sort out if the game was playable with my new joystick. So in all the confusion of remembering the throttle and staging I completely forgot about Caps Lock. But as you say, it's a perfect time for a rescue mission. I can't, though, as the new update messed up that save game. I suppose Bill, Bob and Jeb are forever lost in that version of reality.

Edit: All of that might have gone well enough, but as I said, the gravity on Minus is almost negligible. A minor corrective burn can almost send you back into orbit. So, for the next trip there I'll be on guard.

In the new version though, I've started constructing a space station. It's had a few setback (I forgot to add docking nodes, so I need to get the pilot down again. However, the rescue attempt didn't go so hot so I need to send a rescue mission for that guy as well. At least both crafts are in the same orbital inclination so it's just a matter of getting the first guy and then burning retrograde until I can catch up with Jeb.

Anyways, the view from the first part of the station is lovely, even if it will be decommissioned after I get the pilot home:

Last edited by Stellar Duck; 26-07-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I just noticed Shattered Horizon is in the Bundle Star Bundle #7, which seems to still be available: http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/bundle-seven/

Bought and bought. Thanks a lot, got me Two Worlds II as well which I've been meaning to try.

I meant to post this earlier, but I think we had a powercut or something. Anyway, thanks.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Really atmospheric mission.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    SWAT 4 is the best LAN game one can play!
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    SWAT 4 is the best LAN game one can play!
    This statement is empirically true.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar

Shadowrun Returns

Deckers really shouldn't wander off by themselves.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Heres a awesome image:

I did not made it, but I had to post it here for ser awesomeness.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    Heres a awesome image:.
    Is that APB or what? It's really great.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

What game is that ? Btw i don't think its APB,i played that for one week and it looks totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Is that APB or what? It's really great.
    Google-searching that image did turn up a bunch of Russian APB sites, so my guess would be: yes.

I don't know whats with this game,even with forced AA game looks bad,i remember people posting screenies of game when it came out and it looked better then this :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    What game is that ? Btw i don't think its APB,i played that for one week and it looks totally different.
    Its APB, but is like somebody managed to load a map + characters in a graphic engine, or something like that. It looks fruity as hell, the real game is much more tamed. but I suppose if you get a lot of high level people in the same place, you can hit some syndrome of china effect / visuals.