Page 448 of 622 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448449450458498548 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,960 of 12440
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Shogun 2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Those guys in the water must be questioning your leadership.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    They all have their hands on their hips, but the guy on the right, shin deep in water, he's definitely giving the camera the evil eye.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    I take a tough love approach with my soldiers.

Outlast

Last edited by SephKing; 08-09-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    I take a tough love approach with my soldiers.

Outlast
    How you finding it? I'm always looking for new horror games to watch let's plays of, like the brave sort that I am. This one sort of came out of nowhere for me, I'm not even sure what it's about, beyond holding a camera and having dudes chase you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    How you finding it? I'm always looking for new horror games to watch let's plays of, like the brave sort that I am. This one sort of came out of nowhere for me, I'm not even sure what it's about, beyond holding a camera and having dudes chase you.
    On a scale of bleh to spiffing, I'm going to award it a meh. It's pretty creepy with the lights off and the headphones on. It's very much a game of trial and error though. When an enemy chases you it's a case of blind luck as to whether or not you can find a safe place to hide. More often than not you get backed into a corner and have to retry. The atmosphere and visuals so far very much remind me of Condemned. Story wise there isn't a whole lot to it at the moment. Most of the narrative is derived from case files you find scattered throughout.

To be fair though I haven't really spent much time with it so may change my mind later on.
    Last edited by SephKing; 08-09-2013 at 10:21 PM.

On a scale of bleh to spiffing, I'm going to award it a meh. It's pretty creepy with the lights off and the headphones on. It's very much a game of trial and error though. When an enemy chases you it's a case of blind luck as to whether or not you can find a safe place to hide. More often than not you get backed into a corner and have to retry. The atmosphere and visuals so far very much remind me of Condemned. Story wise there isn't a whole lot to it at the moment. Most of the narrative is derived from case files you find scattered throughout.

To be fair though I haven't really spent much time with it so may change my mind later on.
    Heh, haven't played the game, but you listed all my expectations for it.
    I think it would have been a more interesting game if you entered a randomly generated hotel with only 10 enemies randomly taking paths and you had to avoid them in order to reach the objective, or run like the wind and if you got caught you had to start again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Still Mass Effect

Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Love the 'feel' of Mass Effect 1. I should play through again with companions I rarely use (Liara, Ashley, etc.)
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Yeah ... combat can be a slog (not becasue of the slow pace, I actually liked that) and it's not nearly as polished as 2 and 3, but it had a really cool "feel" that, while not quite as enjoyable for me replaying it, was really fresh and novel the first time. It's easy to point out what is derivative about Mass Effect 1, but it did a lot that, in context, was new. And it deserves praise for that.

Also the line-by-line writing of the conversations is fucking awesome. There are duds, but there are so many great moments. It more than balances out. I am deeply saddened that I can't have subtitles off but have them magically appear as caption tags embedded in my screen-shots, because I find the subtitles annoying but I quite often want a screencap of what's being SAID rather than what's being seen.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    Yeah ... combat can be a slog (not becasue of the slow pace, I actually liked that) and it's not nearly as polished as 2 and 3, but it had a really cool "feel" that, while not quite as enjoyable for me replaying it, was really fresh and novel the first time. It's easy to point out what is derivative about Mass Effect 1, but it did a lot that, in context, was new. And it deserves praise for that.

Also the line-by-line writing of the conversations is fucking awesome. There are duds, but there are so many great moments. It more than balances out. I am deeply saddened that I can't have subtitles off but have them magically appear as caption tags embedded in my screen-shots, because I find the subtitles annoying but I quite often want a screencap of what's being SAID rather than what's being seen.
    Totally agree. Some conversations are really amazing, and renegade Shepard is just badass. Jennifer Hale takes the script to new heights.
    Mass Effect 2 has the citadel. Fish in the presidium.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch View Post
    love the 'feel' of mass effect 1. I should play through again with companions i rarely use (liara, ashley, etc.)
    There is only Wrex and Garrus!
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Brothers: a blah of blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by DeekyFun View Post
    Brothers: a blah of blah blah.
    Pretty though.

I actually like the game. Just not the subtitle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Before the inevitable deluge of Armed Assault III screenshots: some TrackMania 2: Canyon.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Awesome Brothers & Trackmania shots. Brother especially looks a lot better than I was expecting. Might have to pick it up at some point.

Awesome Brothers & Trackmania shots. Brother especially looks a lot better than I was expecting. Might have to pick it up at some point.
    Brothers is really pretty, with some great sequences that you navigate through. Hard to remember to take screenshots while you're puzzling though.