Page 483 of 674 FirstFirst ... 383433473481482483484485493533583 ... LastLast
Results 9,641 to 9,660 of 13461
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    You need to take a break just so you can get your Skyrim install order right ;)
    Hah, you're not wrong squire. I've made it my mission for Sunday :) Thanks again for taking all the time to write that out. Really appreciate it. Have gift copies of Nuclear Dawn, Lara: Guardian of Light and Takedown: Red Sabre if you want them?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Hah, you're not wrong squire. I've made it my mission for Sunday :) Thanks again for taking all the time to write that out. Really appreciate it. Have gift copies of Nuclear Dawn, Lara: Guardian of Light and Takedown: Red Sabre if you want them?
    That's a kind offer, but I'm good for games in truth. Do feel free to add me on Steam. I'm usually around and I'm happy to answer questions. I won't claim to be the world expert on Skyrim mods, but I've installed/reinstalled and generally futzed around enough with it to know why things go wrong, and how to fix them.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImpZA View Post
    I loved the art design for this game.

Does it work fine on Steam? I used to own it on disk (but lost it sometime) and bought it on GMG recently (assumed it would be a uPlay or Steam key but needed to use their capsule client which is pathetic and won't download the game). I actually contacted Ubisoft to see if I could get it on uPlay, but apparently they can't because it's 'not compatible with their systems'. Lets just ignore the fact that all their competition allows you to register older games on their platforms, but whatever. Funny thing is that they sell it on the uPlay store. How is it not compatible if it's sold there?

Anyway, /rant over. I see that it's on sale, so if it works fine on Steam, I'll pick it up and maybe I'll be able to finish it for once.
    I didn't have any troubles with it. This was a couple of years ago though and one never knows with Ubisoft, so I wash my hands of any awfulness they may or may not have introduced since then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    It's always best not to think too deeply about game architecture. Otherwise you might ask what the builders of those locations thought might need securing to those massive, almost completely inaccessible, rings.
    I thought they were remnants of the old buildings. The city is supposed to be abandoned for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImpZA View Post
    I loved the art design for this game.

Does it work fine on Steam? I used to own it on disk (but lost it sometime) and bought it on GMG recently (assumed it would be a uPlay or Steam key but needed to use their capsule client which is pathetic and won't download the game). I actually contacted Ubisoft to see if I could get it on uPlay, but apparently they can't because it's 'not compatible with their systems'. Lets just ignore the fact that all their competition allows you to register older games on their platforms, but whatever. Funny thing is that they sell it on the uPlay store. How is it not compatible if it's sold there?

Anyway, /rant over. I see that it's on sale, so if it works fine on Steam, I'll pick it up and maybe I'll be able to finish it for once.
    It works good on Steam, it's completely DRM free as the retail version. They probably don't let you register on Uplay because there is no key to register, it's DRM Free.
    The Steam overlay doesn't work, so you'll need something else to take screenshots and post them in this thread :).
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Keep Princing the Persia

I really like the art style of that game. Is it a requirement to have played the earlier titles at all? Or is it essentially a series reboot Somini?

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I really like the art style of that game. Is it a requirement to have played the earlier titles at all? Or is it essentially a series reboot Somini?
    It's pretty much a reboot. At most you might miss a reference or two, but that's in the form of injokes, not plot.

It's a reboot, but play Sands of Time too, it's one of the best games ever. Warrior Within turned the emo up to eleven, and The Two Thrones gets that under control, but it's not enough. SoT is obligatory.
    This games looks much better in motion, but my laptop can't play it at 1080p and I have to convert the images to JPG not to incur the wrath of the mods. On a big screen it's just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    It's pretty much a reboot. At most you might miss a reference or two, but that's in the form of injokes, not plot.
    Mainly Farah being the Prince's donkey.

It's funny, the story in this game is a genre-flip from Sands of Time. It should really be titled Princess of Persia, the "Prince" is just a Tomb Raider/Nathan Drake. It even has the same voice actor...
    Last edited by somini; 29-11-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Sands of Time is still my favourite of the series. Worth playing anyway.

Sands of time is one of those rare games that meld story and gameplay seamlessly

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    It was meant to be a reboot but it's more like a one-off. It has little to do with the PoP games before it or the ones that followed. They clearly left room for sequels in the ending but it seems like enough people were angry at the fact you can't die that they decided to shelve not just the Elika mechanic but the story and the new art style as well, which is a shame. It is gorgeous looking and the platforming is solid so it's worth picking up - just don't expect a challenge as the game never really punishes you for mistakes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    That was the worst PoP imo. Did not like the controls or gameplay at all.

It was supposed to be a proper series reboot but then the movie came out and then Forgotten Sands was thrown in as sort of a tie in. Nowadays Prince of Persia has been assimilated by Assassin's Creed so it's looking kinda grim for a sequel.
    It's a strange situation for a franchise to be in.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    The ending was amazing. Player choice at it's finest. That's how you gaming narrative.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    The ending was amazing. Player choice at it's finest. That's how you gaming narrative.
    This. Really.

I do have SoT and the others (one of those too cheap to not to buy Steam sale binges from as few years back) but as with all of these things, the games have largely languished in the ever expanding backlog. I will endeavour to try and put some time into them at some point given all the positives from you all.

Probable Replicant

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    It works good on Steam, it's completely DRM free as the retail version. They probably don't let you register on Uplay because there is no key to register, it's DRM Free.
    The Steam overlay doesn't work, so you'll need something else to take screenshots and post them in this thread :).
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    I didn't have any troubles with it. This was a couple of years ago though and one never knows with Ubisoft, so I wash my hands of any awfulness they may or may not have introduced since then.
    Thanks for the info guys. I'll be sure to pick it up then. Hopefully it goes for more than 50% off later in the sale. I've bought this game enough times :D I see that the last time it went 75% off was in April. I wonder if Ubi are also pulling an EA when it comes to pricing on the competitors stores.

I got The Forgotten Sands for free a few weeks ago (some site was giving it away), so I'll give that a go, and maybe post some screens ;)

Someone on the forums mentioned Bad Company recently (think it was in the bargain thread?) which reminded me that it's a thing that exists, and also happens to be my favorite Battlefield game.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2, cont.