Page 502 of 657 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552602 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,040 of 13133
  1. #10021
    Quote Originally Posted by BadManiac View Post
    Thanks! Yeah Tera looks utterly amazing sometimes. I'm Level 40, play on Celestial Hills. Been playing on and off since the KTerra beta. The only "modern" (I.E. not Ultima Online) MMORPG I've ever gotten into to any degree.
    Ah, I see, quite a bit higher than my character(s). I've only reached the mid 20's, I believe. But like you, I also play it on and off. So many games, so little time.
    Yeah, I can relate to that. The combat is a bit different from a lot of MMORPGs as well, which is a nice change. It's more action-orientated, I feel.

  2. #10022
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    888
    Light






  3. #10023
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,302
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    Light
    Light? That's a difficult name to Google successfully. Looks interesting and also pretty.

  4. #10024
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    Light? That's a difficult name to Google successfully. Looks interesting and also pretty.
    This is where I got it from. Download at your own risk, I followed a youtube link as I could not get the Russian site to work to download it. It's kind of like Dear Esther but very short and very pretty/atmospheric. And very unfinished...

    Hit P to start playing from the main menu, F to take out your flashlight.

  5. #10025
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    219
    Assetto Corsa








  6. #10026
    Network Hub bad guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    362
    Live for Speed



  7. #10027
    Activated Node De_willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    30
    AC is starting to look & drive really nice. I just hope the online part of the game can live up to my expectations.

  8. #10028
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Duck View Post
    I love Far Cry 2! Such a great game.

    I know I'm in the extreme minority but I was so disappointed in FC3. It had lost everything that made FC2 special and replaced it with a video game about collecting shit and ticking check boxes. :(
    Pretty much. FarCry2 plays better, and looks better than FarCry3.

    Some robin hood: (tactical/puzzle game in the same vein as Commandos. Its old, but still looks gorgeous and its a blast to play. Along with Desperados and Commandos its one of my favotires)







    Last edited by smullyoz; 18-01-2014 at 03:10 PM.

  9. #10029
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    147



  10. #10030
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,938
    I wanted to like Far Cry 2 so much but the checkpoints and randomly generated enemy cars on the roads just completely killed the game for me. I've tried reinstalling and playing through it more times than I can remember but, every time, I get a couple of hours in and just get fed up with haivng to fight through the same checkpoint or have the same scenario where I get shot at from a randomly generated enemy car and have to repair my vehicle for the thousandth frickin time. I wish someone made a mod to disable them.

  11. #10031
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    I wanted to like Far Cry 2 so much but the checkpoints and randomly generated enemy cars on the roads just completely killed the game for me. I've tried reinstalling and playing through it more times than I can remember but, every time, I get a couple of hours in and just get fed up with haivng to fight through the same checkpoint or have the same scenario where I get shot at from a randomly generated enemy car and have to repair my vehicle for the thousandth frickin time. I wish someone made a mod to disable them.
    It's a first person shooter. You shoot stuff. The more the merrier. I never understood this complaint. If they removed spawning, you'd complain about the empty the world is. I repeat, its a first person SHOOTER.

    And there is always the option of avoiding the checkpoints or using the bus system. But where is the fun in that?

  12. #10032
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by smullyoz View Post
    It's a first person shooter. You shoot stuff. The more the merrier. I never understood this complaint. If they removed spawning, you'd complain about the empty the world is. I repeat, its a first person SHOOTER.

    And there is always the option of avoiding the checkpoints or using the bus system. But where is the fun in that?
    Because some people just want to get on with the story and do the side missions without having to fight through the exact same checkpoint a hundred times over. Or they just want drive to objectives/explore without constantly having enemy cars with 50 cals on the back, spawning and shooting at you (with no way to avoid or outrun them).

    Just because I play an adventure game that revolves around talking, that doesn't mean I want to have the exact same conversation with an NPC a hundred times over.
    Last edited by SephKing; 18-01-2014 at 04:42 PM.

  13. #10033
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Because some people just want to get on with the story and do the side missions without having to fight through the exact same checkpoint a hundred times over. Or they just want drive to objectives/explore without constantly having enemy cars with a 50 cals on the back, spawning and shooting at you (with no way to avoid or outrun them).

    Just because I play an adventure game that revolves around talking, that doesn't mean I want to have the exact same conversation with an NPC a hundred times over.
    Its not same conversation because each fire fight was different.

    And i never had a problem with getting on with the story. As i said, you can avoid checkpoints if you wish. Or be stealthy, or use the buses, etc. Did you complain that you had to shoot stuff in Call of Duty? No. FarCry2 is no different. It's a corridor shooter set in an open world. Not an RPG.

  14. #10034
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by smullyoz View Post
    It's a corridor shooter set in an open world. Not an RPG.
    He's saying that the repetitiveness of the checkpoints was boring, not that he didn't want to play a shooter. Saying that it's the same type of game as CoD is just blatantly false.

    @Sephking: Did you try using waterways to get around? You cut down on a lot of the random fire fights (though you don't eliminate them entirely) by nicking a boat instead of driving along the roads.

  15. #10035
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by smullyoz View Post
    Its not same conversation because each fire fight was different.

    And i never had a problem with getting on with the story. As i said, you can avoid checkpoints if you wish. Or be stealthy, or use the buses, etc. Did you complain that you had to shoot stuff in Call of Duty? No. FarCry2 is no different. It's a corridor shooter set in an open world. Not an RPG.
    Your opinion is wrong.

    There, I said it more succinctly than you. If that sounds like a shit point to you, it's your own point repeated back to you with the justifications stripped out.

  16. #10036
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Your opinion is wrong.

    There, I said it more succinctly than you. If that sounds like a shit point to you, it's your own point repeated back to you with the justifications stripped out.
    How about trying to say something sensible rather than trying to be a smartass.

    The checkpoints are no more repetitive than the waves of enemies in a Call of Duty type game. It's a shooter for fuks sake.

  17. #10037
    Network Hub Blackice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Eastleigh, UK
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by smullyoz View Post
    How about trying to say something sensible rather than trying to be a smartass.

    The checkpoints are no more repetitive than the waves of enemies in a Call of Duty type game. It's a shooter for fuks sake.
    How do you feel about FC3? Often seems to be that those that love FC2 aren't keen on three. I'm the opposite - I much prefer 3. I think the respawning in 2 ruins the "ticking-things-off-as-done" that my brain likes to do. I love the African setting of FC2 and lighting things on fire was fun too.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

  18. #10038
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    How do you feel about FC3? Often seems to be that those that love FC2 aren't keen on three. I'm the opposite - I much prefer 3. I think the respawning in 2 ruins the "ticking-things-off-as-done" that my brain likes to do. I love the African setting of FC2 and lighting things on fire was fun too.
    Im the opposite, find FarCr3 worse in most respects including visuals. They made the game into some rpg wannabe, with crafting and ticking checkboxes. Enjoyed FarCry2 much more.

  19. #10039
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    He's saying that the repetitiveness of the checkpoints was boring, not that he didn't want to play a shooter. Saying that it's the same type of game as CoD is just blatantly false.

    @Sephking: Did you try using waterways to get around? You cut down on a lot of the random fire fights (though you don't eliminate them entirely) by nicking a boat instead of driving along the roads.
    Exactumundo.

    I just found out about a realism mod for FC2 that decreases the chances of enemies following you from checkpoints if you just drive through. It also fixes a stack of other annoyances I had with the game so going to try it out a bit later. I'll try using the waterways instead.

    link if anyone's interested

  20. #10040
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,246
    Ah that mod didn't improved shit.. Shame because that is the thing that killed game for me,every time respawning enemies behind my ass.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •