Page 503 of 685 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513553603 ... LastLast
Results 10,041 to 10,060 of 13685
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Ah that mod didn't improved shit.. Shame because that is the thing that killed game for me,every time respawning enemies behind my ass.
    Yeah, it doesn't do much that I can tell so far. Do like the fact that enemies are no longer bullet sponges.

Bloodrayne 2

Frickin love this game

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I can see her nipples o.o

M2

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I can see her nipples o.o
    Women usually have those you know...

Tera Online
    It's what I've been playing so it's what you're getting :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    SR4

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Epic MP flight with shit weather. Typical for the UK I spose.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Detcord, its very pretty, but what is the epic proportion about it?
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Because some people just want to get on with the story and do the side missions without having to fight through the exact same checkpoint a hundred times over. Or they just want drive to objectives/explore without constantly having enemy cars with 50 cals on the back, spawning and shooting at you (with no way to avoid or outrun them).

Just because I play an adventure game that revolves around talking, that doesn't mean I want to have the exact same conversation with an NPC a hundred times over.
    My time with FC2 improved massively when I realised/accepted that it's an FPS about FPS's. Everyone in it wants to kill you, and you need to move around accordingly. You're in the middle of a Civil War in a region entirely populated by mercenaries who are there to kill people. You aren't there to explore. It's not a tourism friendly zone. Say you want to do a mission on the other side of the map-you will have to fight a lot of people to get there. That's just the way it is. Your crossing a heavily populalry militarised zone, it shouldn't be any other way. Soldiers are not going to arbitrarily stop following you if they see you or just ignore you as is the case in most videogames, they're going to follow you until they kill you or until you kill them. No-one is going to help you or be your friend. You're on your own, so work out how to kill them better than they kill you, plan your route meticulously, use your surroundings, and realise that unless you have express reason to believe soldiers aren't going to be in a part of the map, then they will be. If you find yourself in the middle of a situation you can't escape then you were too reckless basically.

That's the game. You only progress by either avoiding enemies, or ploughing through them violently. Progress is never easy, it's brutal and hard, it's meant to be. You aren't rambo, but with planning and proper application you can clear enough of an area to allow you to gather your bearings and plan your next assault. You don't even have to kill people. In fact getting into too many firefights means you haven't thought the situation through. Shoot some ammo caches from afar, create a diversion and drive by. Strap a bomb to a car, jump out before you get into shooting range, then set the bomb off when it reaches the checkpoint. Use a silent weapon or a knife to take out an isolated guard, get what you need and creep by. If you need to flush goons out shoot someone in the leg, wait til a mate comes to help them, then kill them both.

I died a few times throughout my playthrough on Hardcore, but when I prepared properly I never had the problems you were having. If you apply yourself properly you quickly learn how to use everything you see to kill people and to protect yourself. That's why it's such a good game. You experience this balance between incredible vulnerability and power, but it feels totally plausible. It's so much more intelligent than any other FPS though that you need to abandon most FPS approaches other than shooting things to succeed.
    Last edited by sonson; 19-01-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    My time with FC2 improved massively when I realised/accepted that it's an FPS about FPS's. Everyone in it wants to kill you, and you need to move around accordingly. You're in the middle of a Civil War in a region entirely populated by mercenaries who are there to kill people.
    Basically this. IED strapped to cars and molotovs from afar are your best friends. The flare gun is like a better molotov, but hard to aim, and wastes a gun slot.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

You're all making FC2 sound a bit STALKERish.

I got it and the original bundled together a good while back, but haven't played them. Are there any good reasons to not skip the first?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Bloodrayne 2
    It's aged surprisingly well graphically. Props to the devs for avoiding the most time-sensitive techniques.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post

I got it and the original bundled together a good while back, but haven't played them. Are there any good reasons to not skip the first?
    The first part of the first game is quite cool, while you're fighting humans on tropical islands. At a certain point in the game, other types of enemies appear, and I didn't enjoy the game very much from that point on. FC2 is much better, in my opinion. There's no overarching story either, so it shouldn't matter which game you play first.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar

Yes. The first half of FC1 is fantastic. However, it's so different from the second mechanically that they might as well be different series.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I stopped playing FC1 somewhere after the aliens became all it was about. Its also the thing I didnt like in Crysis 1, Just let me fight the Koreans and feel like a super powered human.

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Wargame ALB, DEATH BY CHOKEPOINT!

Go home bridge, you are littered with wrecks

Missle,

Meet tank.
    Last edited by pepper; 20-01-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Bread?

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Basically this. IED strapped to cars and molotovs from afar are your best friends. The flare gun is like a better molotov, but hard to aim, and wastes a gun slot.
    I found that if you get the silenced pistol and the better camo from the weapons dealer life gets a little easier!

FC2 is definitely one of my favourite games of all time. I'm interested to try out that mod now, just to see what it's like.

There is a great reason not to play the first: Trigens.

Here's more FARC ry2

This is vanilla in-game, no mods nor any modification. It proves the advertising wasn't just bullshots.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
    Is the red soldier in the lower right taunting or dying?
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    He's twerking! I feel dirty

Far Cry 2 Pro-Tip: Right mouse button allows you to place additional IED.

I don't really think Far Cry 2 is too railroaded.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Both... Such bad sportsmanship.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/