Page 560 of 610 FirstFirst ... 60460510550558559560561562570 ... LastLast
Results 11,181 to 11,200 of 12188
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rirdeg View Post
    How can you race with that FOV? I'd be missing every apex!
    I don't, I just forgot to enable Surround for this particular session. Anyway, I don't need a narrow FOV to miss an apex, I do just fine on my own!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    succes!

Never disappoint, thats my motto!

What better way to celebrate victory and succes then with a traditional fireball?
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    In case folks were interested as to the image quality of the latest Unofficial Patch for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

There seems to be more left of the plane in that crash than there usually seem to be when I crash in the A-10c. I wonder if that's just engine limitations or that an old prop plane crashes less disastrously than a newer one?

And congrats on the take off!
    Last edited by Stellar Duck; 29-04-2014 at 11:28 PM.
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    VTMB was $5 on Steam a few days ago, I should've copped it when I had the chance.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    VTMB was $5 on Steam a few days ago, I should've copped it when I had the chance.
    It drops to that price pretty often.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Network Hub
    For those of you who have 7 minutes this was a really nice race I had in iRacing. Alternatively watching from 4:30 onwards shows a great last lap!

This is one of the reasons I subscribe to iRacing because the competition is so close. Bucket loads of fun!

Last edited by Rirdeg; 30-04-2014 at 02:31 AM.

^Excellent video man, lots of racing dueling going on, and very clean visuals, I like that too :)

Do they say at what rate they calculate the physics for iracing in game? 500 hz? 1000 hz? Always wondered that. I've only heard for one racing game (not a simulation one) that the driving physics are calculated at 600 hz, so I wonder what other racing games do too.

Network Hub
    Thanks! I don't know about the physics calculations, a quick google search returned this. It's from 2008 though so things have probably progressed a bit since then.

some downsampled 4k ME2 shots...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Lost Alpha

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Duck View Post
    There seems to be more left of the plane in that crash than there usually seem to be when I crash in the A-10c. I wonder if that's just engine limitations or that an old prop plane crashes less disastrously than a newer one?

And congrats on the take off!
    Cheers! The Breaking-up physics seems indeed a bit off. Now shown in this shot of is the little fire that was hoovering just in fron of the engine mid-air. What happend is that I stalled the engine at a low altitude and couldnt recover it so had to perform a belly landing, which went alright but then one of the wings dropped and the plane started cartwheeling of sorts.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

JC2 with mods.

Halo: Custom Edition is a game that lives in the background behind it's sequels, but I think it's probably the most noteworthy and should be the most recognized Halo game IMO. Mostly forgotten, despite a huge following that still plays it online to this day. Unfortunately, the Gamespy server browsers will be shut down on May 1 (which is in fact... tomorrow), though that won't stop direct connects at least.

There is a petition to move the server browser load somewhere else like Steam, and that has well over 15,000 signatures: https://www.change.org/petitions/ste...on-multiplayer

Custom modifications in all the screens: SMAA anti-aliasing solution (game does not accept MSAA natively at all), motion blur (quite obvious, looks great in-game), and widescreen FOV (not included in the base game or custom edition either)

If you're wondering why the ammo count is always full, the server had the following modifications: no friendly fire, everyone holds rocket launcher/shotgun/sniper when spawning (yes, 3 weapons), no reload for any weapons, infinite ammo, all these things apply to all players lol, and of course all vehicles... was actually incredibly fun lol.

Last edited by rockman29; 30-04-2014 at 09:55 PM.

A bonus screen :P : http://oi59.tinypic.com/9ibxg0.jpg

And a grand finale of course... of me getting pwned :)

The first game I played, when I wasn't taking screenshots, I got a score of 120 kills and 30 deaths :D

Helps when your ping is <30 and few others have >75 and most others >100 :D

This is not my server, but I do host servers from my desktop for fun, but not with all these crazy mods, I'm not sure how to do that stuff lol, I only know how to host regular modes like CTF/slayer/team slayer and stuff.
    Last edited by rockman29; 30-04-2014 at 09:37 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Great shots! I played Halo SP until the Flood, after that I just gave up.
    That sniper pistol is the best.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Just get through the Library level, it's notoriously bad. I do love Halo though, tempted to give it a go again.

Rockman I don't know if you heard but Gameranger now supports the game.
    steam: sketch

Thanks somini, and yes, nothing beats sniper pistol! :D

And thanks Sketch, I will check out Gameranger too. I actually just deleted a setup file in my "random files directory" that was called Gameranger, I had forgotten what it was. I wonder what I downloaded it for before... but yea that's cool then :)

SP can be very boring. I think I've been pretty good at tolerating the repetitiveness... but even the Library level pisses me off too haha. If you guys are annoyed by a level or two though, there are really easy ways to level skip using the console in-game too. Also if you guys are looking to play online, there is quite a bit of activity, I was very surprised, maybe even about 100 full 16/16 player servers and such. I wouldn't mind playing with some RPSers either, fun game online, never played it with voice chats though.

P.S. I really like that JC2 "guy falling from the sky" shot :)

Lonely Stalker guy in the field is good too... they really did make that foliage uber-dense in the Lost Alpha, very nice.

Love the iRacing vid again btw, looks extremely realistic acting, the sounds of racing are awesome :D
    Last edited by rockman29; 01-05-2014 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    P.S. I really like that JC2 "guy falling from the sky" shot :)
    It's actually a mod that lets you fly instead of using the parachute: