Page 617 of 658 FirstFirst ... 117517567607615616617618619627 ... LastLast
Results 12,321 to 12,340 of 13152
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    I couldn't play Fallout at that resolution, everything just got way too small, or perhaps I just need a bigger monitor. Looks pretty though. :) My Dogmeat always died either in some random shoot-out or while going toe-to-toe with Deathclaws.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    His only flaw was was not accelerating fast enough, the truck cab also swivelled back a bit, first thing that came to mind was 'nom nom your mine now!'.

Also, the calmth, its creepy!
    The first time I ever did anything like that was for a similar reason. I was at the red light so long I forgot the driver in front was there and I couldn't see him. I accelerated forward and suddenly my cab was looking up into the sky. When I went to an outside the cab view I noticed I had mounted the little Nissan Micra looking car in front of me. I might have a shot of that at home.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    That livery has something to do with the football worldcup Detcord?
    Yeah, it's my texture of the real aircraft.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?...nhansa-d-aidg/

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Assorted Fallout screenshots. I mostly forgot about making any.

A job well done.
    Now that's a Fallout game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Here's one too (some might disagree that Fallout Tactics qualifies):

Decisions, decisions...
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
    Now that's a Fallout game.
    I've never been able to really get into Fallout 1 or 2. Small offtopic question: is it worth playing Fallout 3 without knowledge of F1 and F2? Or would you miss too many references?
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    I've never been able to really get into Fallout 1 or 2. Small offtopic question: is it worth playing Fallout 3 without knowledge of F1 and F2? Or would you miss too many references?
    You can absolutely play F3 without having played F1 or F2. You'll recognize more in F3 right away if you played the other two like a certain NPC or two and the Brotherhood of Steel but F3 does a good enough job introducing players to these anyway without assuming you have prior knowledge of them. The tone of the games are very different too. Fallout New Vegas does a better job capturing the tone of F1 and F2 than F3 does.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Fallout New Vegas does a better job capturing the tone of F1 and F2 than F3 does.
    Even Fallout 1&2 are quite different in tone. I think if there's any game where you'd miss out from not having played the first two it's FNV, which is full of references to the first two.

In the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, I had a plan to head to Wild Territory and hunt for some Moonlight artifacts. These only spawn at night, so my plan was to go there, clear the area out and wait for night time in a safe place. This crane seemed like an ideal safe spot.

What I hadn't counted on was the massive wave of mutants that sometimes spawns at the Rostok/Bar entrance, moving throughout the area. I stupidly didn't capture a screenshot of it, but suddenly around 15 dogs and a bunch of hamsters, snorks and bloodsuckers started pouring in from the train station and circle beneath me. Trying to look for artifacts in the dark with that many mutants to deal with seemed like a really bad idea so in the end I just dropped down and legged it as fast as I could back to the safety of the 100 Rads.

With my plan failed and night falling I headed to the Freedom base to restock and wait for sunrise. As darkness descended a massive thunderstorm started up. I was sitting on a roof, in a game, just enjoying the weather.

Then, at 4 in the morning, everything went suddenly still and dark, and I started hearing sounds I'd never heard before. First screams which sounded much more human than the mutant howls you normally hear and then something sounding like a looping radio signal. As I looked up I suddenly saw... this.
    Last edited by Skalpadda; 07-08-2014 at 12:10 PM.

It kept moving like a shooting star towards the horizon and then suddenly exploded so brightly it turned night into day for a moment. I've never seen this before so I'm assuming it's something added by the Complete mod, and with the weird radio signals it seems to be either an alien crash or some... thing related to the Zone, a Roadside Picnic reference perhaps?

And at last, here's a picture of the Brain Scorcher, which is a fantastic setpiece based on the real life Duga-3 radar array outside Chernobyl. It's a shame they couldn't build the whole thing in game, because that thing is immense.

Beautiful shots, Skalpadda! I see you can play in third-person view, and that the HUD is different than I remember. Is that courtesy of the Complete Mod, or are you using other mods too?

Beautiful shots, Skalpadda! I see you can play in third-person view, and that the HUD is different than I remember. Is that courtesy of the Complete Mod, or are you using other mods too?
    The HUD is the Complete mod, yes. I'm not sure if third person camera is in vanilla or not, but it's not well animated and obviously pretty useless for anything other than taking screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    The HUD is the Complete mod, yes. I'm not sure if third person camera is in vanilla or not, but it's not well animated and obviously pretty useless for anything other than taking screenshots.
    I see, thanks. Do you like what the Complete mod does to the game, or do you prefer vanilla?

I see, thanks. Do you like what the Complete mod does to the game, or do you prefer vanilla?
    Other than the game looking prettier and having a new UI I haven't noticed much difference to be honest. Some quests that used to be broken now work, repair guys are in the game and weapon scopes work differently. I've seen a lot of people complain it's too easy, but that must be compared to other overhauls because if anything I find it more difficult since lots of anomalies are near-invisible and enemies can throw grenades.

I'd probably recommend it to anyone except those who want a super-hardcore experience (like Misery for CoP).

Activated Node

Final Fantasy 14

Stalker is still such a pretty game. Too bad I am terrible at shooters and never got far in CoP. The first one was a blast though.

I am having a hangover today, which is annoying, but it made me take more screenshots. Guess that is a brightside.
    Thanks to GeDoSaTo these images are pretty free of jaggies and make the game look so much more better. I have it downsample from 3840x2160 with 4xMSAA to 1920x1080. My framerate stays surprisingly high, always above 10 fps so navigating the world wasn't as much of a pain as I had expected. And the watermarks are gone from my screenies, since I use the screenshot function of GeDoSaTo now. All is well!

All the following screens are from the third major city. Its style is really interesting, a mixture of Egyptian and Moorish architecture, a very Hagia Sophia-esque building towering in the middle and some steam punk for good measure.

They also have great announcers standing around.

Activated Node

Final Fantasy 14

One of the things I like about the city is its scale and feeling of space. While not as sparkly and heavenly beautiful as the Neuschwanstein-city, it got a majestic feeling to it.

Not surprisingly, the dynamic lightning is incredible as always.

The Fallout 2 restoration mod allows you to ask the important questions.

Oh, rats!

As part of a random encounter you can meet an evil merchant who won't trade with you if you have overly positive karma, complete with guards and a contingent of slaves.

Nothing quite like dispensing some wasteland justice with a .44 magnum.

Strangely though, you can never explicitly free slaves in random encounters.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

VBS3.

Activated Node

Final Fantasy 14

What is VBS? ArmA without the game part?

To contrast the grim world of warfare, more sparkly Final Fantasy!
    Topics of today: random tidbits and weather.

There are a lot of little details in FF 14, one of them are visible jewelry - be it earrings, rings or necklaces.
    Yesterday I put on my first shiny neck piece and ... well... it is kinda big. And don't worry, I am wearing a bra.

The second detail I want to mention, even if it might be pretty common nowadays: NPCs turn their heads towards you if you are close by or talking to them. As a player you can do the same by selecting another player, NPC, monster, whatever. Combined with the fact your character moves its lips when you type something, it creates a pretty lively atmosphere even if you are "just" chatting.
    But yesterday I found out that even Chocobos follow your movement with their heads. Kinda creepy...

Last tidbit:
    this is what they call a "goat" in this game.

Activated Node

Final Fantasy 14

Topic of this post: weather effects!
    Or: fuck you desert.

Right now we are fighting and questing our way through a desert area. I had been to this area before to do some things on my own, and only knew it as an ocean. It wasn't simply rain, it was a world ending torrent crashing down from heaven!
    When we arrived yesterday in this area, guess what?, it was raining like mad again. But after a couple of minutes the rain stopped and the sun was coming through, and just some moments later we had a blue sky. The difference was almost shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpel Junior View Post
    What is VBS? ArmA without the game part?
    It's the military version of ArmA.

https://bisimulations.com/virtual-battlespace-3

Obscure Node
    Minecraft looks surprisingly pretty with shaders.