Page 623 of 657 FirstFirst ... 123523573613621622623624625633 ... LastLast
Results 12,441 to 12,460 of 13132
    Yea, that does look good. Great, in fact. I assume the various gauges and what not work?

About the mph for IAS, it was just me being thrown off because I've been playing A-10c like a mad man lately so I'm used to seeing it in knots. Which actually caused me no end of issues when I showed a friend the SU-25 module. I didn't realise the Ruskies used kmh for air speed so I completely botched a couple of take offs when I tried to rotate. Cue hilarious crashes.
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.

Network Hub
    They do indeed include lights :) There are some good tutorial videos located here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGX9...kaDy5gTIiuwGmg which should give you a look at some of those dials in use.

Ironically the joystick I have (Saitek Cyborg Evo) was purchased years ago when I got Forgotten Battles, so I sorta feel like iv come circle :) Though I am somewhat lacking buttons on it. Most of them at the moment are there for camera settings. Maybe ill be a bit of a hipster and look at the X55 over the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    They do indeed include lights :) There are some good tutorial videos located here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGX9...kaDy5gTIiuwGmg which should give you a look at some of those dials in use.

Ironically the joystick I have (Saitek Cyborg Evo) was purchased years ago when I got Forgotten Battles, so I sorta feel like iv come circle :) Though I am somewhat lacking buttons on it. Most of them at the moment are there for camera settings. Maybe ill be a bit of a hipster and look at the X55 over the coming months.
    If you want a cheap ass HOTAS stick the T.Flight Hotas from Thrustmaster is a pretty good stick. It's obviously not in the same league as the X55 but so far it serves me well in DCS. Though my recent purchase of some gear for head tracking helps immensely. I can't believe how great it is to not have to use buttons to look around. I'm still trying to decide what to use the free hat for.

Edit: having watched that BF-109 video... how on earth did people fly these things, let alone navigate?! It's been ages since I played IL2 so I think I'd forgotten just how not very advanced these things were. That wheel for flaps or what it was blew my mind.
    Last edited by Stellar Duck; 20-08-2014 at 11:57 PM.
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.

Morrowind never used to look this good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    This doesn't quite look like Skywind but you've clearly modded it to within an inch of its life, how stable is it?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Duck View Post
    It's like Mad Men crossed streams with Ghostbusters!
    It really is
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    This doesn't quite look like Skywind but you've clearly modded it to within an inch of its life, how stable is it?
    If that's MGSO (which I'm fairly certain it is) then it should be very stable. Demanding, sure, but it never crashed for me, and the installer is automatic now.
    steam: sketch

MGSO it is, and indeed it is also very stable - at least so far as Morrowind already "is" :) I've only come across one missing texture, but that was in a bedroom hidden away in Ald'Ruhn so not terribly breaking.

With the pack I'm enjoying just walking around as I toddle between quests. I suppose Skyrim with texture packs and ENB does look very pretty, but Morrowind feels more like it has been designed around being explored rather than fast-travelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Is this taken before Gordon Freeman comes in with his shopping cart and right royally fucks everything up?

Just doing a comparison visual screenshot for the 'heart of the beast' mod. This is the modded 'Alpha' werewolf....

vs...vanilla Skyrim werewolf...

Metro LL

Some Mad Men..*cough*L.A. Noire. Are there any mods for this game BTW, because it looks rough even on max settings..

shot down over the pacific..

\_(ツ)_/

Looks sooo pretty
    Is it too demanding on the hardware?

I love the amount of detail on those Orbis stations, and the O`Neill ones, for that matter. You can see so much detail on those habitation rings. I`ve been meaning to post a few (billion) screenshots of ED, but the attachments system does not like me for whatever reason.

EDIT: the hardware demands aren`t too bad right now. I can run it at close to maximum (shadows at medium), and get a fairly stable 30 FPS, unless I`m trying to land at Vonarburg (my computer does not deal well with shiny things). Mind you, my rig can be charitably described as "budget", if something that still uses DX9 can be called that.
    Last edited by EPICTHEFAIL; 21-08-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascalaphus View Post
    I like this one a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascalaphus View Post

Needs more clothes. Would not survive.