Page 627 of 641 FirstFirst ... 127527577617625626627628629637 ... LastLast
Results 12,521 to 12,540 of 12809
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

Rimworld

Poor Purple. She was visiting with some of her fellow tribespeople when my colony was attacked by a band of rampaging squirrels, driven mad by psychic emanations. She sustained major damage in the battle and was left for dead by her people. She recovered but lack of medical has left her literally gutless and she is slowly starving to death.

Last edited by Dubbill; 27-08-2014 at 07:23 PM. Reason: now less jpggy
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    I started joining a multiplayer game in CK2 while in a HS match, then alt-tabbed. And the world was never the same again.

I actually won that game in the end, but I didn't know for sure until the last attack hit, since I could only guess at my opponent's health.

The circus continued even in the menus.
    Last edited by postinternetsyndrome; 27-08-2014 at 08:46 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Poor Blizzard, that looks like one unfortunate mix of Latin and Korean. Or worse.

Meanwhile in EVE Online, the discovery that the game supported dual screens made me resubscribe. As is probably apparent from the screenshots, EVE allows you to offset the ship (but not the character inside stations, it seems) so that it's not caught in the bevel but instead is centered on one of the screens. It doesn't seem to correct for bevel though, but that's only a minor annoyance in space (Live for Speed does this really well).

Last edited by Tritagonist; 27-08-2014 at 10:55 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Poor Blizzard, that looks like one unfortunate mix of Latin and Korean. Or worse.
    Mostly I thought it looked like various segments of the images that make up the characters. I suspect they all live in a texture map somewhere and the game fetches characters by walking to some coordinate in that image. If that's the case, a glitch like that could occur if the variable that stores the position gets changed by some unorthodox value without the program catching on. I think.

Sweet EVE shots.

XCOM:Enemy Unknown

Bought it in the steam sale the other week, and am playing through a game on Normal. This was my first alien base assault.

I think my team make up was 1 sniper, 1 heavy, 2 support, and 1 rookie. I think the two support had laser guns, but everyone else was using the stock weapons, and none of them have advanced armour.

The shot above is where my team started from.

The shot below is where my team ended.

Three of my team are zombies, one was zombified earlier when I first encountered the Chryssalids. I only just managed to kill the two Chryssalid (corpses) that you can see in this shot, and there is still a third one up.

I did have a save from right before the mission though, so I've reverted to that and am getting better prepared for the assault.

Follow up!

I managed to pick up an extra Sniper, and between him, my new assault (who was the previous rookie), and some excessively tactical (re:slow) moves through the map, I have managed to ace the assault. My Heavy took some minor damage from a Chryssalid who got a little close, but I managed to heal him back to full health without any further incidences.

Your heavy didn't practice his dramatic entrance pose.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    [..] As is probably apparent from the screenshots, EVE allows you to offset the ship (but not the character inside stations, it seems)[..]
    The station character offset will only be noticeable when you zoom out, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    Mostly I thought it looked like various segments of the images that make up the characters.
    That does makes a lot more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by meloncrab View Post
    The station character offset will only be noticeable when you zoom out, iirc.
    Right! It's actually a separate option, which I overlooked. I don't blame myself for this, seeing as how it is one of the 2000+ buttons in the EVE UI.

Some more screenshots:

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Your heavy didn't practice his dramatic entrance pose.
    Looks like he's breakdancing.

Not really playing any games. Stuck in Photoshop at the moment.

Close as I can get to a screenshot.

How's the progress of Ground Branch ? Kinda stoped checking their updates after kickstarter fail.

CS Counter Strike 1.6 19237_t.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    How's the progress of Ground Branch ? Kinda stoped checking their updates after kickstarter fail.
    Still coming along.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    So, after hours of grind, abandoning my solo playthrough and countless trial and error I beat this mission... and game stops working.

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

EVE Online

I like the EVE shots. It's nice to see shots captured to fit a different aspect ratio like that. Something a bit different.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Can you get Early Access for Ground Branch? Still itching for a RS3 substitute.

Have Takedown but unfortunately it fell off massively after the publisher forced a botched launch. Not much on updates since then and player base is gone entirely almost.

Wasn't a bad game though, enjoyed the matches I was able to get during the early days.

I think if you donate money on their site,you get access to the game.