Page 629 of 659 FirstFirst ... 129529579619627628629630631639 ... LastLast
Results 12,561 to 12,580 of 13169
    Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    STAGMAN

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by BadManiac View Post
    Seph and Serenegoose, have either of you guys got the original Metro 2033 still? I've been playing Redux too and I seriously think the environment textures are lower quality than in the original. Any chance we could do some comparison shots. Most noticable is close-up shots of floor and wall textures.
    Yeah I've got both (original 2033/last light and redux 2033/last light) and I might be willing to. It might be tougher to get an exact comparison because I'm not sure the options menus are exactly the same. I'll try and do so as a quick experiment for you. I might not, because I'm also really lazy, but I'm reinstalling original 2033 presently for that purpose, so we'll see.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Rocketbirds, it's curious, horizontal only hitscan guns and if bullets connect they stun. It's essentially a puzzle platformer with gunplay window dressing. The coop campaign feels much more fluid and natural like the developers kept getting better after making single player.
    The developers also made the brilliant iOS puzzler Helsing's Fire, which is one of my favourite games of all time, so they must have something going for them. Nothing on their website after RB: Hardboiled Chicken, though. :(

EDIT: Hmm, the website makes it look like Revolution was the first RB game, though Wiki says it's been released on PS4 (a port?) this year. So maybe they are still going okay. Hope so.
    Last edited by Eight Rooks; 01-09-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    RB: Revolution was the flash version which was improved on for hard boiled.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Yeah I've got both (original 2033/last light and redux 2033/last light) and I might be willing to. It might be tougher to get an exact comparison because I'm not sure the options menus are exactly the same. I'll try and do so as a quick experiment for you. I might not, because I'm also really lazy, but I'm reinstalling original 2033 presently for that purpose, so we'll see.
    Same here. I'm fairly convinced that 2033 redux has been downgraded on PC from the original. I haven't noticed so much in textures but have in terms of lighting and particle effects. This would explain why the game runs significantly better than the original version.

Somni: Each to their own squire :) Personally I like it with a bit of colour although do agree on the plastic look of the characters.

Metro 2033
    Original and Redux comparison shots. Environment texture comparison. Both games max settings.

The gun is a lot more bro-shooter and takes up more of the screen. FOV is still just as ridiculously consoleish.
    Original

Redux

Original is definitely sharper here. Not to mention the lighting in Redux is much brighter.
    Original

Redux

Metro 2033

Notice how much brighter and blurry the Redux version is:
    Original

Redux

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That third one's weird though, isn't it? Brightness aside, which is a distinctly aesthetic choice, the wall behind the texture you're looking at, and the little key rack, is way more detailed. The wire mesh is a bit more thick and real looking too, and the gun model in the original is worse. But yes, the pillar you're looking at is less detailed. It seems less that they've made it 'less detailed' and more spread the detail around a bit. The wall texture in the first comparison is a little flatter in redux, but the ground itself in the original is flat, and better in redux.

Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Same here. I'm fairly convinced that 2033 redux has been downgraded on PC from the original. I haven't noticed so much in textures but have in terms of lighting and particle effects. This would explain why the game runs significantly better than the original version.
    I played through them and it appears all they really did was change some of the ambient light filters among other minute changes. The textures look a bit better in some areas, but that's likely due to altering the way the BDoF collides with environment. Certainly feel as if I wasted my money on it.

Metro 2033

Notice how much brighter and blurry the Redux version is:
    Original

Redux
    I'm gonna repost those mate. Some seem convinced it looks better overall, and that is certainly not the case.

Metro 2033

Here are two more. I'm fairly confident now that they've added more detail to the Redux textures, but at a lower resolution.
    Original

Redux

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I prefer the older ones. Seems the only benefit is the character/model textures. Level textures seem worse (though in some areas more variety).

Someone will either add a HD texture pack to Redux, or port over the original textures to Redux (to benefit from the nwe lighting).
    It is a technical difference, but's there none the less.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Lasers in Space, otherwise known as EVE Online.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Tee-hee.

So I started another retexture project and it literally blew up. 50K+ hits in less than a day on the pages.

A month ago I contact American Airlines requesting any help they could provide in producing a entirely accurate reproduction of their colors currently in use. Needless to say, I didn't expect them to return my email, but they did. They provided the hex codes, RGB's, samples and even aircraft schematics detailing where the 20 different colors (yeah, 20!) are painted. I had to sign a Non-disclosure Agreement stating that I would never reveal or provide any of the materials in a public manner, something I was wary of to begin with.

Needless to say, this is the most in-depth and time consuming paint I've ever done.

Detcord man! You have a gift, thanks for sharing your incredible work with us!

Detcord man! You have a gift, thanks for sharing your incredible work with us!
    Yes indeed, it's the best digital aircraft pr0n I've ever seen. Absolutely loving your shots Detcord.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    That sounds good, DetCord. How fortunate to get such a reaction, that's certainly a whole lot better than the sometimes downright hostile reactions we had back in the day when we were modding about in the likes of Grand Prix 4.

Meanwhile, in EVE Online.

A Harbinger battlecruiser near one of the many Amarr planets.

A small skirmish.

There's always someone with a bigger ship. Here my Maller cruiser is beating an almost two kilometers long Fenrir freighter of the Minmatar to the docking port of some station.

Last edited by Tritagonist; 02-09-2014 at 10:33 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Oh why isn't there a good single player alternative to EVE?

I know we've got lots of space simulations on the way, but what I really want is a ship captain RPG. I want to say "make it so", rather than have to make it so myself.
    Last edited by rsherhod; 02-09-2014 at 10:44 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    Oh why isn't there a good single player alternative to EVE?
    Because EVE is exciting because of people, without it there isn't much left. The nearest thing to that feeling of being surrounded by many disparate factions is probably Space Rangers 2 or the name it's currently using on steam Space Rangers HD: A War Apart. Hunt pirates, trade goods, run away from fights you have nothing to do with and float about on the periphery of a war profiting from it.

Which apart from the setting is an accurate description of Sid Meier's Pirates!(2004) which I've been playing recently.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/