Page 630 of 637 FirstFirst ... 130530580620628629630631632 ... LastLast
Results 12,581 to 12,600 of 12735
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    That sounds good, DetCord. How fortunate to get such a reaction, that's certainly a whole lot better than the sometimes downright hostile reactions we had back in the day when we were modding about in the likes of Grand Prix 4.

Meanwhile, in EVE Online.

A Harbinger battlecruiser near one of the many Amarr planets.

A small skirmish.

There's always someone with a bigger ship. Here my Maller cruiser is beating an almost two kilometers long Fenrir freighter of the Minmatar to the docking port of some station.

Last edited by Tritagonist; 02-09-2014 at 10:33 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Oh why isn't there a good single player alternative to EVE?

I know we've got lots of space simulations on the way, but what I really want is a ship captain RPG. I want to say "make it so", rather than have to make it so myself.
    Last edited by rsherhod; 02-09-2014 at 10:44 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    Because EVE is exciting because of people, without it there isn't much left. The nearest thing to that feeling of being surrounded by many disparate factions is probably Space Rangers 2 or the name it's currently using on steam Space Rangers HD: A War Apart. Hunt pirates, trade goods, run away from fights you have nothing to do with and float about on the periphery of a war profiting from it.

Which apart from the setting is an accurate description of Sid Meier's Pirates!(2004) which I've been playing recently.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Because EVE is exciting because of people, without it there isn't much left. The nearest thing to that feeling of being surrounded by many disparate factions is probably Space Rangers 2 or the name it's currently using on steam Space Rangers HD: A War Apart. Hunt pirates, trade goods, run away from fights you have nothing to do with and float about on the periphery of a war profiting from it.

Which apart from the setting is an accurate description of Sid Meier's Pirates!(2004) which I've been playing recently.
    It also sounds a lot like Mount and Blade, a game that I've always considered a)absolutely brilliant and b)an evolution of Sid Meier's Pirates! in a different setting.

Also, this reminded me that I need to update my skill queue. I swear, I'll start playing again sometime! Just not right now...
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Of course none of those games are really anything like Eve, as good as they may be.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Duck View Post
    It also sounds a lot like Mount and Blade

If someone made a Mount and Blade space game, I'd probably need feeding tubes. Starsector looks interesting (and they even mention Mount and Blade) although I don't know how quick progress is. I think this is there site: http://fractalsoftworks.com/
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Invade Rhodes. Take pictures.

Well, they do say all Rhodes lead to Rome.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Wow. /10char

There is a single player clone of Eve, it's called Microsoft Access... "Game" hahaha, you guys are funny.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Bravo Anthile, that was honestly well done.

Also, lovely screenshots, I presume from Rome Total War 2?
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Invade Rhodes. Take pictures.
    3) ...profit?
    I post photos here. I write stories here. I'm on Twitter here.

Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    I had recently purchased Starpoint Gemini 2 as a way to get back into the space genre, and while it was fun to play, it actually motivated me more to resubscribe to EVE Online. I first made an account there in 2006 or so, and haven't been subscribed for more than four months in total, but as Heliocentric points out: there's something different about a multiplayer game that is populated with actual humans and that doesn't allow mods, savegame editors and the like. Also not unimportant, the ships of EVE are - in my opinion - right up there with the best science fiction has to offer; the Armarr and Caldari especially.

Quote Originally Posted by BadManiac View Post
    There is a single player clone of Eve, it's called Microsoft Access... "Game" hahaha, you guys are funny.
    There is definitely some of that, and it's perhaps somewhat accentuated by the interface, but just as you don't need to compute the diminishing returns of agility and strength bonusses in WoW, you can keep yourself quite busy in EVE without diving into the tables, calculations, simulators, etc.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    the Armarr and Caldari especially.
    You take that back right now!!

Look at her, she so pretty.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Yeah, but there is such a thing as a dildo that's too big.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    This is usually what happens to me when I play Wasteland in ARMA 3.

My car is burning to the left off-screen after being shot by missiles from the attack helicopter further off in the distance.

Pretty good run for me at least :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I finally gave up and decided to play Rome 2 as the baddies.

When Hiero's away, the Romans will play.

In Syracuse.

I invaded Syracuse when he wasn't looking. Literally the only faction in the game that doesn't have an angry face next to its name when I look at the diplomacy screen. Well, not any more!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    In my defence, I did say 'especially'! You're right though, there's a lot of good stuff out there in New Eden.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
    I played through them and it appears all they really did was change some of the ambient light filters among other minute changes. The textures look a bit better in some areas, but that's likely due to altering the way the BDoF collides with environment. Certainly feel as if I wasted my money on it.

Yeah I definitely regret buying. Maybe I need to play the original again to truly compare but I can barely notice any improvement either visually or gameplay wise. The only real difference is performance where the redux feels a bit smoother.

It's weird, when I was taking those comparison shots in Metro 2033 and Redux I got virtually identical framerate in both games. Sure, I only have a 4Ghz Phenom II Quad, 8GB DDR3-1866 and a single GTX770 2GB, so not the most powerful gaming PC ever, but yeah, pretty much exactly the same FPS in both games, I don't get the "Redux runs much better" thing.

Also, Redux has a TWELVE THOUSAND YEAR LONG f&%#ing unskippable intro!!! Mother F%&!/&/"%!!! Why? :(